PDA

View Full Version : Cramer: Stock Collapse 2000 pts/2 wks, helps Ron Paul?

beachmaster
01-19-2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22734052#22734052

Cramer says when the mortgage insurers go belly up in a couple of weeks the Dow will drop 2000 points. If this happens before Super Tuesday, can Ron Paul use this as a big reason to vote for him? Will he? Will the American people finally get it, that we need a drastic change in monetary policy?

I recall in one of the recent debates that Ron Paul said the housing market is in a DEPRESSION. Does talk like this scare people away from Paul, or wake them up to vote for him?

I personally use the economy a lot in my discussions with people I'm trying to persuade. I think Ron Paul needs to really stress the importance of the apparently imminent crash of our economy... soon we will have financial chaos if things continue, and the people need to know that Ron Paul can make great strides to ward off a complete crash of the economy.

Buy gold folks! And get Dr. Paul's economic message out.

We are in for a bumpy ride.

Shink
01-19-2008, 09:42 AM

Cramer says when the mortgage insurers go belly up in a couple of weeks the Dow will drop 2000 points. If this happens before Super Tuesday, can Ron Paul use this as a big reason to vote for him? Will he? Will the American people finally get it, that we need a drastic change in monetary policy?

I recall in one of the recent debates that Ron Paul said the housing market is in a DEPRESSION. Does talk like this scare people away from Paul, or wake them up to vote for him?

I personally use the economy a lot in my discussions with people I'm trying to persuade. I think Ron Paul needs to really stress the importance of the apparently imminent crash of our economy... soon we will have financial chaos if things continue, and the people need to know that Ron Paul can make great strides to ward off a complete crash of the economy.

I think Ron DOES make it as important as he can. He is obsessed with economics, which gives him a huge edge. What he needs to do is in a debate, simplify it for the duhtards. Pull out a dollar bill, say the Federal Reserve created it out of thin air. Pull out five more, explain that the existence of the new bills makes the first one worth less. Pull out a gold coin. Say it's hard, solid currency that can't just be pulled out of nowhere. Say that the coin is worth (x amount) of the play money as the play money continues to weaken.

If he takes it to the first grade level, he's got America won after a major shock in Wall Street.

LibertyEagle
01-19-2008, 09:44 AM
I think Ron DOES make it as important as he can. He is obsessed with economics, which gives him a huge edge. What he needs to do is in a debate, simplify it for the duhtards. Pull out a dollar bill, say the Federal Reserve created it out of thin air. Pull out five more, explain that the existence of the new bills makes the first one worth less. Pull out a gold coin. Say it's hard, solid currency that can't just be pulled out of nowhere.

If he takes it to the first grade level, he's got America won after a major shock in Wall Street.

+1000

beachmaster
01-19-2008, 09:48 AM
I think Ron DOES make it as important as he can. He is obsessed with economics, which gives him a huge edge. What he needs to do is in a debate, simplify it for the duhtards. Pull out a dollar bill, say the Federal Reserve created it out of thin air. Pull out five more, explain that the existence of the new bills makes the first one worth less. Pull out a gold coin. Say it's hard, solid currency that can't just be pulled out of nowhere. Say that the coin is worth (x amount) of the play money as the play money continues to weaken.

Yes, he should do just what you said.

A good gold analogy I read a very long time ago which is even more easily expressed these days with $900 gold, is this... in 1913, a $20 gold coin would buy a nice man's suit. Today, try to buy a nice man's suit with $20 (wait til laughter subsides)... now then, take your $20 gold double eagle coin and sell it for $900... yes, you can still buy a nice man's suit with that $20 GOLD coin.

He needs to simplify the message.

Remember when Clinton took the presidency? The main point I recall as the reason he won (aside from the Perot thing) was "IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!"

WilliamC
01-19-2008, 09:48 AM

Excellent advice.

Wall Street understands Ron Paul when he talks about economics now, but in order to get votes main street needs to understand him too.

freelance
01-19-2008, 09:58 AM
It's gonna get real ugly when the really large margin calls kick in. Just wait until they the day they temporarily halt trading. This could even happen before SuperDuper Tuesday, but I'm guessing that the ESF/PPT does everything it can to push it back until after that date.

Oh, and when the hedge funds start collapsing, all hell's really gonna break loose.

phixion
01-19-2008, 10:01 AM
It all depends upon the media.

Even with an alleged billionaire behind Ron Paul, the odds are against him if the media don't give Paul and his message any credence.

It will only help Ron Paul if the media change their tune and policy toward him, which isn't going to happen unless it becomes in their interest to.

Pete

tsetsefly
01-19-2008, 10:04 AM
It's gonna get real ugly when the really large margin calls kick in. Just wait until they the day they temporarily halt trading. This could even happen before SuperDuper Tuesday, but I'm guessing that the ESF/PPT does everything it can to push it back until after that date.

Oh, and when the hedge funds start collapsing, all hell's really gonna break loose.

and we have a looming credit card crisis much like the mortgage crisis, the number of people not paying their credit cards or "defaulting" on their payment is increasing, wait till the banks stop handing out credit cards to anyone, then we will see this credit based economy head down faster...

I hope RP says in every debate "I have said it for years now, we are spending and printing too much money, we are heading into a sever recession and I am the only one who proposes real change".. hammer that point, make ads etc....

fireworks_god
01-19-2008, 10:09 AM

Isn't it too late for that with those prices?

Lucille
01-19-2008, 10:25 AM

This was on RCP (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/01/a_politicalrisk_outlook_for_20.html) yesterday:

The last several years have seen a spike in negative international sentiment toward the United States coupled with American surprise that efforts at exporting democracy haven't always gone over well, or proven successful. The main geopolitical risk in 2008 comes more from a change in domestic U.S. politics that will create greater policy uncertainty, skepticism over the United States' role as the world's policeman and - more troubling for world markets - doubts over the benefits from present trends in the global system.

Some of that change is an election-year phenomenon, including constituency-serving statements from moderate Republicans and Democrats on the stump and, more significantly, the sudden emergence of previously fringe "America first" Republican candidates like Mike Huckabee, R-Ark. and libertarian Ron Paul, R-Texas. A deterioration in consumer confidence in coming months will benefit their campaigns most, pulling the rest of the field in their direction politically.

beachmaster
01-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Isn't it too late for that with those prices?

An article on Kitco says gold will hit $1000 in 08. If all the economic factors discussed in this thread occur, it may go to $2000. I've read some articles that say $1200 to $1500. So yes, $900 an ounce gold may look like a bargain soon.

beachmaster
01-19-2008, 10:29 AM
It will only help Ron Paul if the media change their tune and policy toward him, which isn't going to happen unless it becomes in their interest to.

They may need a scapegoat, like Hoover. In that case, they could put Ron Paul into office and immediate start blaming him for all the trouble. They could generate demands for impeachment, etc., and try to put the ky-bosh on any future advocate of the gold standard. I doubt this will happen, but hey, crazy things have indeed happened in the past, and the PTB always tend to find scapegoats to hide behind.

Truth Warrior
01-19-2008, 10:45 AM
They may need a scapegoat, like Hoover. In that case, they could put Ron Paul into office and immediate start blaming him for all the trouble. They could generate demands for impeachment, etc., and try to put the ky-bosh on any future advocate of the gold standard. I doubt this will happen, but hey, crazy things have indeed happened in the past, and the PTB always tend to find scapegoats to hide behind.

Good point!<IMHO> Winning isn't always WINNING!

Libertytree
01-19-2008, 10:45 AM
A customer of mine told me that next month there are millions of ARM mortgage loans that will be coming due and that it will be catastrophic.

ihsv
01-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Well gang, our roller coaster is picking up speed. See ya'll at the bottom! Whooo Hoooooo!!!!!

http://www.myspacecomedy.com/images/funny/roller-coaster-girl.jpg

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 11:14 AM

I watched that. Cramer is a piece of shit. Despite having Ron Paul on his show, and knowing full well what his policies are, he acted like he didn't know him when he was directly asked.

Then he said no one has ever taking Bernake to task for his policies, knowing full well Ron Paul sits on that committee and has.

Cramer directly and intentionally lied. He doesn't deserve whatever wealth he has.

Lyn
01-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Need some advice. Ok I'm a single mom of three kids. Not much extra money to put into metal but I am getting a small windfall ($5000) in about two weeks. I'm afraid of course that that will be too late so I think I will buy 90% junk silver on credit card now and pay it off with the windfall. This will work out to about $16.16 per ounce. I need some advice from those who have dealt first hand with companies such as ampex.com or monex.com about any particular recommendations or who to stay away from. Did you have any problems with any particular companies or could you recommend any as standing out about the rest? This is all the money I have to keep us afloat and I think this will be the best use of it. I have already stocked the pantry full and I have no credit card debt. Have owned my own home for over 20 years and so the mortgage is less than $500 per month including taxes and property insurance. The car will be paid off in 4 more payments. Just trying to prepare us the best and would appreciate help from anyone who has experience with buying silver. Thanks

MrCobaltBlue
01-19-2008, 11:26 AM
But Romney's a CEO!!!!!!! He knows buisness because all CEOs do their own budgets and manage finance!!!!! Its not like he has an accountant do it for him!!!!!

And Huck will just look to the bible for our answers!!! McCain doesn't know jack about the economy but he was a POW!!!! Rudy's a Ficscal conservative but never has any numbers to back it up!!

And then there's crazy old kooky Ron Paul with his "Cut spending" nonsense, we can't get out of Iraq, who cares if we're in a recession we're just going to spend more money to get out of it!!!!!

integrity
01-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Need some advice. Ok I'm a single mom of three kids. Not much extra money to put into metal but I am getting a small windfall ($5000) in about two weeks. I'm afraid of course that that will be too late so I think I will buy 90% junk silver on credit card now and pay it off with the windfall. This will work out to about $16.16 per ounce. I need some advice from those who have dealt first hand with companies such as ampex.com or monex.com about any particular recommendations or who to stay away from. Did you have any problems with any particular companies or could you recommend any as standing out about the rest? This is all the money I have to keep us afloat and I think this will be the best use of it. I have already stocked the pantry full and I have no credit card debt. Have owned my own home for over 20 years and so the mortgage is less than $500 per month including taxes and property insurance. The car will be paid off in 4 more payments. Just trying to prepare us the best and would appreciate help from anyone who has experience with buying silver. Thanks

I bought from APMEX and had a good experience.

Libertytree
01-19-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm no financial advisor ma'am but I would also invest in canned goods and grocery items for your pantry, especially with you having kids.

ChickenHawk
01-19-2008, 11:46 AM
It seems to me that if the economy tanks the votors are going to be looking to mommy government to bail them out. I can't see how that helps Ron Paul.

kyleAF
01-19-2008, 11:51 AM
If the economy tanks, there may be rioting.

If there is rioting, there will be martial law.

If there is martial law, there will be a much more difficult time for us in this campaign.

*not an expert*, but I think gold is a good option, though there are 2 things that may happen if the economy goes under.
1. inflation
2. deflation

Bernanke will probably go with #1, which is good for gold, as it makes it worth more and more dollars immediately, and you may capitalize on this and get real goods for less money before everyone catches on. #2 will eventually happen though as the inflation gets out of hand. Really, if it gets to the REALLY bad point, then it's things that keep you alive that are important. If gold can buy those things, great! If not, well, you can't eat gold...

*not an expert* I could be wrong. ;)

jj111
01-19-2008, 12:13 PM

What date was this aired?

Mark
01-19-2008, 02:11 PM
bump for YES it will help! I think it was aired yesterday.

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 02:44 PM
bump for YES it will help! I think it was aired yesterday.

And when directly asked if any candidate had a policy that would avert the situation, he said no. And then he said no one has taking to task Bernanke, despite Ron Paul being well known over at CNBC for doing that, since that is his congressional job.

Ron Paul was on Cramer's show last month. Cramer looked at the TV and lied to his audience to avoid mentioning Ron Paul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron Paul on Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer 12-14-07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8teEHdCrFqE

Ron Paul Schools Ben Bernanke Again (And routinely does so)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAwvlDJgJbM

What Cramer did was shameful.

Mark
01-19-2008, 03:37 PM
And when directly asked if any candidate had a policy that would avert the situation, he said no. And then he said no one has taking to task Bernanke, despite Ron Paul being well known over at CNBC for doing that, since that is his congressional job.

Ron Paul was on Cramer's show last month. Cramer looked at the TV and lied to his audience to avoid mentioning Ron Paul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron Paul on Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer 12-14-07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8teEHdCrFqE

Ron Paul Schools Ben Bernanke Again (And routinely does so)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAwvlDJgJbM

What Cramer did was shameful.

I meant the crash will help, I just threw in the time in response to another question as to when it was on.

beachmaster
01-19-2008, 06:19 PM
What date was this aired?

Yesterday, I'm pretty sure.

ihsv
01-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm no financial advisor ma'am but I would also invest in canned goods and grocery items for your pantry, especially with you having kids.

Indeed

RonPaulVolunteer
01-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Please APPL, recover some on Monday!!!

Everyone go buy a MacBook Air!!

Lyn
01-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the advice but as I stated in my post I already have that covered.

Lyn
01-21-2008, 12:26 PM

I really do appreciate the recommendations guys. I bit the bullet with the markets crashing and all. I locked in at $15.50/ oz. so I hope I did ok. Just too afraid of what will happen when the markets open tomorrow morning. Also went out yesterday and bought another $200 canned goods though I have no room left in the pantry. Wonder if it's too late to do anything with that IRA in mutual funds?

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 12:29 PM
I meant the crash will help, I just threw in the time in response to another question as to when it was on.

Looks like MLK day was the day other traders were selling when the US market was closed.