PDA

View Full Version : FOX's Sean Hannity's WABC-AM connection with Neo-Nazi talk show host Hal Turner

Mark
01-19-2008, 09:24 AM
http://ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=302409

FOX's Sean Hannity's WABC-AM connection
with Neo-Nazi talk show host Hal Turner

This month, January 2008, two individuals hacked the email database of an infamous internet radio talk show celebrity named Hal Turner. What Turner's own emails revealed was first made public when the hackers posted them on Turner's own internet forum.
Subsequently Turner removed his web site, leaving a notice which implies the host pulled the site as part of a persecution conspiracy against him.
Turner, in the midst of rising rising fame in the pantheon of poster boys of the threat of home grown extremists, has folded up
What happened?

"On Jan. 1, unidentified hackers electronically confronted Turner in the forum of his website for "The Hal Turner Show." After a heated exchange, they told Turner that they had successfully hacked into his server and found correspondence with an FBI agent who is apparently Turner's handler. Then they posted an alleged July 7 E-mail to the agent in which Turner hands over a message from someone who sent in a death threat against Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wisc.). "Once again," Turner writes to his handler, "my fierce rhetoric has served to flush out a possible crazy." In what is allegedly a portion of another E-mail, Turner discusses the money he is paid."
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2008/0...rking-for-fbi/ (http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2008/01/11/neo-nazi-threatmaker-accused-of-working-for-fbi/)

Hal Turner, rising in fame as the most blatant hate talk radio hosts, self-proclaimed neo-nazi, antisemite, racist - turns out to have been fronting a typical FBI COINTELPRO sting operation.
The only question is, was Turner really the extremist racist scum bag he'd portrayed for at least ten years. Was he just an FBI informer because they'd cut him a deal for something they had on him? Or had he always been an undercover agent, who developed this persona and reputation over many years just for this role?

In one of the hacked emails to one of two FBI handlers, shaug@fbi.gov; Len Nerbetski, "Subject: Threat to Kill Senator Feingold of Wisconsin on July 4", Turner closes with this:

"> Please acknowledge receipt of this warning. Of late, both of
you have become remiss in acknowledging e-mails.

HT"

That implies that his handlers were already distancing themselves from Turner. Special Agent Nerbetski wrote an excuse:

"I think you forget that I no longer have my
blackberry and thus no real-time link to the email. I have to be
logged on to a server to access it. As you know, I don;t have
one growing out of my ass...Some emails require no comment..."

In another email in this thread, Turner expresses concern about not receiving acknowledgment of when he'd be paid for the tip.
I can only extrapolate, but it read to me that Turner's FBI handlers were already distancing themselves and may have been in the process of hanging him out to dry.
The hackers that obtained and distributed Turner's damning emails haven't identified themselves, and the FBI and New Jersey State Police aren't looking for them. It's only a guess, but it's not out of the question that the FBI were done with Turner and exposed him to shut him down. Either way, good riddance.

But there's more to the story than it's face value. Who was Hal Turner...Really?

The Hal Turner 'story' as a public malcontent begins nearly twenty years ago, during the early 1990's.

The making of a cointelpro talk show host:

"Identifying himself as "Hal from North Bergen", he achieved notoriety in local conservative circles as a frequent caller to the WABC-AM radio talk show hosted by Bob Grant.[1] Turner parlayed this fame into a role as the northern New Jersey coordinator for Patrick J. Buchanan's 1992 presidential campaign. He went on to serve as campaign manager for Libertarian Murray Sabrin in a number of campaigns in New Jersey in the 1990s, including a 1997 gubernatorial campaign. [2][3] (cited from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Turner )

> "After Bob Grant's program was taken off the air for racist content, Turner established a friendship with his replacement, Sean Hannity, on whose program he was a frequent presence. Turner then became a talk radio host himself, joining fellow regular callers Frank from Queens and John from Staten Island to start the program The Right Perspective.[4] shortwave radio station WBCQ. Turner left the program in 2002, citing artistic differences. In 2002, Turner became a solo host."

That's quite a profile. long before Turner's career as one of America's most obnoxious antisemite white supremacist and avowed nazi talk show celebrities.

I haven't found any archived recordings of Turner's radio call in talks with Bob Grant or Sean Hannity on WABC-AM from the early 90's. I never heard them. Somebody might ask Sean Hannity whatt he remembers of Turner during their association back then.

I do recall Pat Buchanan's run for Republican nomination for President during 1992, and I remember the campaign failed due to ABC, NBC, and CBS innuendos that Buchanan was supposedly sympathetic to racists and fascists. Well it's small wonder, since none other than Hal Turner had managed to get into the position of north New Jersey campaign coordinator.

There were only a few mainstream news networks, and no internet to speak of in 1992. My impression of Pat Buchanan during that election year was vaguely what I heard from those media outlets. I recall thinking Buchanan was a right wing extremist, a racist, possibly a fascist and probably dangerous. But I can't or couldn't tell you of any specific proof or reasons for my having the impression.
Having read up on Pat Buchanan's history and writing only after the internet was established, and speaking to a few Republicans who supported him and met him, I now see little upon which to base such damning assumptions about him. Where did the rumors come from?

The 'extremist' smear framed on Pat Buchanan in '92 smacks of the same frame and modus operandi being applied to the current impression Fox talk show personalities have been trying to hang on Ron Paul. The difference is that now we're able to research the facts more thoroughly for ourselves than in 1992. We don't have to take Fox News' word for anything, and shouldn't.

The truth about the mid 1990's Ron Paul 'Newsletters' cited by such ilk as Michael Savage as evidence of Ron Paul being a racist, is that Ron Paul didn't write them. The Newsletter was produced by Lew Rockwell. Congressman Paul has explained that he gave permission to Rockwell to produce a newsletter, and trusted him, so he hadn't read every issue by any means over the years.

Now, Lew Rockwell was once a campaign handler for Ron Paul - during Paul's run for the Presidency on the Libertarian ticket in 1988.
Ron Paul met and knew Rockwell only through Rockwell's position as founder of the Ludwig von Mises Insitute. That's a libertarian academic think tank which promotes "Austrian School" Free Market economics -- an interest of Ron Paul. Other than this shared academic interest, Ron Paul had only a cordial acquaintance with Rockwell.

How close are Presidential candidates to those in key operstional positions in their campaigns? More or less as much as chairman of the board of any corporation with an operations manager.

It's highly unlikely that anyone running for President of the United States would knowingly hire racists, antisemites, or any kind of extremist knowingly.

The similarity in these cases are most likely two 'unauthorized' candidates being set up by long term COINTELPRO operatives.
Plants, who won enough trust at some point to get positions within the campaigns in order to sabotage them, set them up for smears by innuendo in the mainstream media.

Hal Turner wasn't a celebrity in 1992, beyond the narrow vector of listeners of Bob Grant, and the fledgling Sean Hannity on WABC-AM rant radio.

In 2007, Turner was having unprecedented rise to national mainstream fame. Featured by non other than CNN as the new white supremacist heir to David Duke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDFcB...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDFcBAs5g4A&feature=related)

Such media attention clearly was ushering Turner to house hold word status -- fame -- and fame is a bankable asset.

Now Turner's profile, constructed over a twenty year time period, has vaporized. If Turner had been groomed all these years as an FBI asset, why would they suddenly blow his cover?

It's only speculation, Sean Hannity's current rise in the pantheon of FOX right wing rant talk show hosts may be a factor. It wouldn't do to have Turner become America's most famous nazi, and his association with Hannity back in the WABC-AM days go public in a big way.

But also, Pacifica Radios nationally syndicated Democracy Now news hour with Amy Goodman announced on Jan 15th the bombshell that a Boston equity firm, Bains, is in process to buy the massive Clear Channel media networks for a whopping 19.5 billion dollars. But further research uncovers that the Dem Now report isn't entirely accurate:

The transaction took place in November of 2006. The facts remain that Bain earns a share of Clear Channel's profits and that Mitt Romney, while a retired partner, still earns money from the private equity firm. (Huffinton Post)

Clear Channel owns over 1,100 full-power AM, FM, and shortwave radio stations, twelve radio channels on XM Satellite Radio, and more than 30 television stations in the United States. Premiere Radio Networks, which is the largest syndication company in the United States, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Clear Channel and is home to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and many others. Sean Hannity (The Nation)

There's Hannity again. And thus a hint of a link between ALL the major vectored rant radio talk show hosts. A link which implies things much bigger than the outing of little up and coming neo-nazi poster boy Hal Turner.