PDA

View Full Version : Dr Paul Please introduce this BILL

jointhefightforfreedom
01-19-2008, 05:10 AM
A BILL
To require Congress to specify the source of authority under the United States Constitution for the enactment of laws, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `Enumerated Powers Act'.
SEC. 2. SPECIFICATION OF CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY FOR ENACTMENT OF LAW.
(a) CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY FOR THIS ACT- This Act is enacted pursuant to the power granted Congress under article I, section 8, clause 18, of the United States Constitution and the power granted to each House of Congress under article I, section 5, clause 2, of the United States Constitution.
(b) CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY STATEMENT REQUIRED- Chapter 2 of title 1, United States Code, is amended by inserting after section 102 the following new section:
`Sec. 102a. Constitutional authority clause
`Each Act of Congress shall contain a concise and definite statement of the constitutional authority relied upon for the enactment of each portion of that Act. The failure to comply with this section shall give rise to a point of order in either House of Congress. The availability of this point of order does not affect any other available relief.'
(c) CLERICAL AMENDMENT- The table of sections at the beginning of chapter 2 of title 1, United States Code, is amended by inserting after the item relating to section 102 the following new item:
`102a. Constitutional authority clause.'.

I would like to see Dr Paul rewrite/expand this bill and introduce it
and then we could put National Pressure on every member of congress and the senate to pass it

What would be great is some language to reaffirm thier oath of office at the same time!

bucfish
01-19-2008, 05:13 AM
good idea

Xenophage
01-19-2008, 06:08 AM

PimpBlimp
01-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Good look getting the majority of those fatcats to pass something that will undermine their power.

Wyurm
01-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Good look getting the majority of those fatcats to pass something that will undermine their power.

I don't know. If it could be made public enough then they would be forced to vote for it. It would be alot like a crooked police officer faced with either arresting his criminal partners or taking the fall himself. If they were to vote against it then they would be admitting they violated or intend to violate their oath to obey the constitution and if they vote for it, they will have to start obeying the constitution.

I really like that law, did you come up with it yourself or get it from somewhere else, jointhefightforfreedom?