PDA

View Full Version : Getting Free Air Time on the Radio

rmholla
01-19-2008, 03:36 AM
The other day several members of my local meetup group called into our local talk radio program, we got Ron Paul about an hour of free radio advertising.

There are many ways to help the campaign that doesn't involve donating money.

Letters to the editor have great advertising value. Posting to forums is free and you'd be surprised at how many people you can sway when you touch on hot topic issues and state Ron Paul's position.

-

Matt Collins
01-19-2008, 01:05 PM
In light of ABC News using their largest proctoscope on me, please delete this post.

Thanks!

WilliamC
01-19-2008, 01:08 PM
This is great! I'm trying to get more people from my meetup/facebook groups to do this here in North Mississippi.

Seriously folks, local talk radio is a great way for free advertising, especially if you can get several people to call in on the same day.

Matt Collins
01-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Seriously folks, local talk radio is a great way for free advertising, especially if you can get several people to call in on the same day.Exactly. And most talk radio is listened to conservative voters.

rmholla
01-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Matt,

Was this only a one time thing with your show or will it take calls every week? If you give a little more warning we can line up callers.

-

WilliamC
01-20-2008, 05:37 PM
I think this is every week.

Matt Collins
01-20-2008, 06:18 PM
delete me

Melissa
01-20-2008, 06:24 PM
and just a note to go with this idea my meetup group is doing a tv show tomorrow at our local library where public access shows are filmed it is all free now I know that no one watches public access but even if 1 does it has done it job since it is free and onl cost us our time and hopefully it will be fun

rmholla
01-21-2008, 12:52 AM
I am working on getting one of the Ron Paul dvds played on the local access channel. I figure the local paper might run a piece on it if I submit a press release too.

I'm just not sure what the laws are on using public access for politics. I'll be calling again this week to see where things stand.

-