PDA

View Full Version : Veiled Ron Paul reference in The Simpsons Movie?

rajibo
07-27-2007, 05:31 PM
So I just got back from "The Simpson's Movie" and there is a scene where Springfield is covered in a giant dome. The townspeople are trying to break through it, but Ralph Wiggum is trying to use bubbles to break it. He blows a bubble at the dome, it hits it, bounces back and hit's Ralph in the nose.

Ralph says "Blowback!":p

*** out of ****

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 05:41 PM
<-----------------------------------------stretch----------------------------------------------->

haha!

But, have you ever considered you might need to take a break from political watch for a while? :p

richard1984
07-27-2007, 05:43 PM
I rather doubt it, since they made the movie before he became popular. ;) But it's really good that they're popularizing the term. That may help lead people to Ron Paul.

And hey! How was the movie?

rajibo
07-27-2007, 05:45 PM
<-----------------------------------------stretch----------------------------------------------->

haha!

But, have you ever considered you might need to take a break from political watch for a while? :p

Yeah, Yeah I know. It's a sickness.:o

RCA
07-27-2007, 09:02 PM
I picked up on the blowback reference immediately. I also loved the references to the NSA, etc. Because of this movie, I have new found respect for Matt Groening. :D

d'anconia
07-28-2007, 04:47 AM
Pretty sure Ron Paul didn't exactly invent the term 'blowback'.

mdh
07-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Wasn't the term blowback coined by the CIA agent who said so all along?

axiomata
07-28-2007, 10:54 AM
If Ralph Wiggum understands the concept of blowback I want to know why it is so difficult for a lot of other people.

(And yes, when I watched The Simpsons at 12:01 on opening night as soon as I heard this reference I thought of Ron Paul.)