PDA

View Full Version : **How the Ron Paul Blimp came to be/the power of the Grassroots**

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Here is an episode from my Blimpette station on Justin.tv/blimpette that explains, in brief, how the blimp came to be.

How the Ron Paul Blimp came to be (http://www.justin.tv/blimpette/61028/How_the_Ron_Paul_Blimp_came_to_be_marke)

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 03:16 AM
I'll be broadcasting tomorrow's 1/19 Blimpette Report at 9:30pm EST.

Marc3579
01-19-2008, 03:19 AM
*bump* For da blimp!

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 05:09 AM
*bump* For da blimp!

Thanks Marc...5am is not a great time to put threads up. :-)

Benaiah
01-19-2008, 05:47 AM
After Ron Paul wins the presidency, you guys will get lots of business from all kinds of "Ron Paul Republicans" wanting to run for office all over the country. The business will be successful and you'll end up buying your own blimp. 50 years from now, none of the younger generations will know what a Goodyear blimp is, but they will all know what a Ron Paul blimp is, because they will see it often, flying around the country.

FreeTraveler
01-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Bump for Da' Blimp!

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 05:50 AM
After Ron Paul wins the presidency, you guys will get lots of business from all kinds of "Ron Paul Republicans" wanting to run for office all over the country. The business will be successful and you'll end up buying your own blimp. 50 years from now, none of the younger generations will know what a Goodyear blimp is, but they will all know what a Ron Paul blimp is, because they will see it often, flying around the country.

That is a great fantasy...the Ron Paul Blimp over a Ron Paul America. :-)

liberteebell
01-19-2008, 05:56 AM
That is a great fantasy...the Ron Paul Blimp over a Ron Paul America. :-)

Love it!

Agent CSL
01-19-2008, 06:31 AM
Yeah, fuck the Goodyear Blimp. Ron Paul Blimp all the way! :D
I agree with the above, your business will really pick up.

RonRules
01-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Just imagine if Obama had a blimp and how the media would have 1000's of reports about it and how smart and creative Obama was!

The blimp and the Ron Paul Revolution IS the ONLY worthwhile news of this campaign. Hillary's hair cut has had MUCH more nationwide press.

ItsTime
01-19-2008, 08:09 AM
can we use the blimp to get people to the right caucus place in NV?

LibertyEagle
01-19-2008, 08:17 AM

:D

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Just imagine if Obama had a blimp and how the media would have 1000's of reports about it and how smart and creative Obama was!

The blimp and the Ron Paul Revolution IS the ONLY worthwhile news of this campaign. Hillary's hair cut has had MUCH more nationwide press.

You can tell how much attention I have been paying...I didn't hear about Hillary's hair cut....the stuff that gets used as an excuse to cover the other campaigns is just awe inspiring.

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 09:41 AM

Yes, if it were there we could take phone calls from people who have a remote laser guided receiver strapped to their body, take their name and address, shoot a laser beam at the appropriate caucus location for a second and then deploy the individual.

RPSignbomb
01-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Here is an episode from my Blimpette station on Justin.tv/blimpette that explains, in brief, how the blimp came to be.

How the Ron Paul Blimp came to be (http://www.justin.tv/blimpette/61028/How_the_Ron_Paul_Blimp_came_to_be_marke)

Your video is complete crap. The Ron Paul Blimp idea was posted in a thread about someone rich dude who wanted to donate $100,000 to the campaign. A poster called Voltmoie came up with the idea and Trevor and Elijah stole it... Just like Nov. 5th. Don't re-write history! (sorry, a photographic memory sucks)

Props to them (and you) for taking the idea and running with it.... HOWEVER it's not their idea!

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Your video is complete crap. The Ron Paul Blimp idea was posted in a thread about someone rich dude who wanted to donate $100,000 to the campaign. A poster called Voltmoie came up with the idea and Trevor and Elijah stole it... Just like Nov. 5th. Don't re-write history! (sorry, a photographic memory sucks)

Props to them (and you) for taking the idea and running with it.... HOWEVER it's not their idea!

Well, my information all along has been exactly what I said in the video and if I am an unwitting liar then I am sorry. I did see the thread about the rich dude looking for something to do with $100,000 and at that point I think Trevor had already mentioned the blimp a couple months beforehand.

As to the entire video being crap because there is a slight chance one person may have mentioned a blimp before Trevor....I completely disagree.

RonRules
01-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey, how about this:

In TEXAS, fly Ron Paul on the blimp to his polling station so he can vote. We have to find a parking lot or some nearby field where he can do that. That would be so EXTREMELY awsome. No TV news can ignore that.

Have him vote right when the polls open with the crowds watching.

Blimpette, I hope you see this! (I'll email you as well)

RonRules
01-19-2008, 10:59 AM
If the blimp can't make it in time for TEXAS, this would be the perfect job for the Ron Paul Airforce guys.

If any of you RP Airforce Guys are reading this: Get a parachute aircraft with instructor and set up a DUAL JUMP with Ron Paul to go VOTE at his precinct.

He was a flight surgeon for 5 years and I'm sure he had extensive parachute training. A quick refresher course is all that's needed. Maybe not even that with an istructor attached.

It is no more dangerous than riding a bike in a city. Well worth the incredible publicity. This will totally shut up the critics who make comments like "Isn't he too old at 72 years?" Of course they don't ask that of McCain.

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey, how about this:

In TEXAS, fly Ron Paul on the blimp to his polling station so he can vote. We have to find a parking lot or some nearby field where he can do that. That would be so EXTREMELY awsome. No TV news can ignore that.

Have him vote right when the polls open with the crowds watching.

Blimpette, I hope you see this! (I'll email you as well)

Got it and added it to my "Blimpin Texas" folder. I'll open it up when we get closer to TX time.

yongrel
01-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Is the blimp subforum broken?

ronpaulfan
01-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Face it everyone. The blimp saved our asses. It's hard having a media blackout of Ron Paul with that huge blimp flying over everyone's head. I think the MSM has been forced to cover the Blimp just as much as Ron Paul the past 2 weeks.

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Is the blimp subforum broken?

No but that sub-forum is really geared specifically towards those that already support and follow the blimp or have specific questions about it. The blimp is coming into its own and receiving a lot of media coverage and it represents (what I think is) the most huge and daring independent grassroots project that we have undertaken so far. Regardless of whether people follow the blimp I think it is important to see how the grassroots came together to make this happen and to witness the media that an entirely grassroots effort is achieving.

RP4Pres2008
01-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Why so many blimp threads in the grassroots forums these days?

yongrel
01-19-2008, 11:19 AM

Desperation

szczebrzeszyn
01-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Desperation

Money deadline - it's always the same.

yongrel
01-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Money deadline - it's always the same.

Yup. Every. Single. Deadline. We get a period of about 5 days where we are hit by a flood of blimp spam.

ValidusCustodiae
01-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Yup. Every. Single. Deadline. We get a period of about 5 days where we are hit by a flood of blimp spam.

That blimp is spamming the air over Columbia, SC today as the primaries are taking place.

SPAMMING the friendly skies =) lol I'm glad it's there!

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 11:52 AM

See my post directly above yours :-)

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 11:54 AM

If I had the time to maintain this much of a presence on the forums while working the blimp on a regular basis I would. Unfortunately I don't and I take time out of blimp coordination when we approach a deadline to try and clarify things and answer questions in the forums.

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 11:54 AM
That blimp is spamming the air over Columbia, SC today as the primaries are taking place.

SPAMMING the friendly skies =) lol I'm glad it's there!

We are spamming Ran Paul and his two sons right now as well as reporters.