PDA

View Full Version : Pharma WARNING: Effexor XR - DON'T TAKE IT

susano
01-19-2008, 02:21 AM
From the admin at my other favorite forum:

update on the effexor experiment

I tried effexor for 32 days at 37.5 mg. I stopped taking it 13 days ago - cold turkey...

the guy who prescribed it to me wanted me to go up to 150 mg but I read all the horror stories online so I decided to stay at the lowest dose..

I read the pamphlet that comes with it and it said that constant stable levels are achieved in the blood stream at 75 mg. i.e. addiction level is 75 mg... so I avoided that while experimenting with it..

I've never taken anything like that before and wasn't taking it for depression or anything in the first place.. mainly just because my wife decided I was an asshole so I wanted to see if taking it would help our relationship.. (stupid idea in retrospect)

anyway.. for the first week being off of it I was pretty much ok (but agitated).. but after the first week I started having terrible nightmares.. every single night several in a row each nght.. I finally overcame these by consciously in my dreams telling myself this is MY TURF and I can CHANGE IT AS I SEE FIT.. so I literally consciously took control back of my dreamscape and the nightmares are not a problem anymore..

I read online about people getting weird electric shock sensations coming off of it and had not experienced any of that UNTIL last night.. when I literally felt like my arms and legs were hooked up to a 12 volt car battery... I probably got a good 5 or 6 jolts to my limbs that night.. they were actually painful..

so if I got all this from just being on the lowest dose for 32 days I can't imagine the hell people on the (addiction level) doses go through..

I've come off all kind of drug binges in my younger years.. and really... they were easy compared to this...

I've never come across any drug that actually causes you nightmares.. it's even listed as a side effect in the brochure..

it's evil shit without a doubt..

I read somewhere that it takes 3-4 weeks to get the shit totally out of your system..

I got some valium from the doc who prescribed the effexor to me and that seems to help... I was totally agitated the first week and the valium helps chill me out to get through that..

All I can say is I read the warnings online but decided to try the shit anyway... and let me tell you.. all the evil things you read about this shit are totally true!

I read somewhere that the best way to get off the shit is to actually open the capsules up and remove like 10 beads from each pill and take the rest of the pill for a week.. then remove 20 beads and take the rest of the pill for a week etc.. till you get down to 10 beads left in a pill and take that for a week then stop..

I dunno I went cold turkey but it was a bitch

I think I'm past the worst of it now

good luck with that shit for anyone else who is trying to get off it...

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message490786/pg1

athlon64bit
01-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Valium is a benzodiazepine and is highly addictive, physically and mentally. Don't take it for more than a week.

asgardshill
01-19-2008, 07:03 AM
The admin at that other site is about 7 different kinds of idiot. Taking ANY medication without a prescription, ESPECIALLY one that changes brain chemistry, just to see what it will do to you seems about the stupidest thing one can do.

constituent
01-19-2008, 08:12 AM
I've come off all kind of drug binges in my younger years.. and really... they were easy compared to this...

I've never come across any drug that actually causes you nightmares.. it's even listed as a side effect in the brochure..

clearly this admin. hasn't come off "all kind of drug binges" if he's never ran into one that causes nightmares.

scientologist perhaps?

jenninlouisiana
01-19-2008, 08:18 AM
1) How is this related to Ron Paul?

2) You aren't a doctor, yet you have posted medical advice on how to get off of this drug by fucking with the pill itself.

3) ALL medications are taken on a risk/benefit INDIVIDUAL consideration with their DOCTOR. Not all medicines are for every person, and that applies to all classes of drugs.

I flagged this for removal because this doesn't belong on this board, and I am most concerned with the MEDICAL ADVICE given on the *internet* by a *random internet person*. That is nothing but DANGEROUS, reckless and stupid. Youhave quoted someone who has no idea how individuals metabolize drugs and she has no idea the chemical composition of those "beads" she says to remove.

"I read somewhere that the best way to get off the shit is to actually open the capsules up and remove like 10 beads from each pill and take the rest of the pill for a week.. then remove 20 beads and take the rest of the pill for a week etc.. till you get down to 10 beads left in a pill and take that for a week then stop"