PDA

View Full Version : If Ron Paul loses he should run for Texas governor.

jereome
01-19-2008, 12:32 AM
What do you guys think, instead of being just one lone fish among a sea of corrupt politicians.

He should run for Texas governor and put his plans into action, then 4 years later with his record on getting rid of illegal immigration, lowering taxes and promoting freedom in his home state he can show the sheeple that freedom and his ideas arent so crazy afterall, and that they do work.

hueylong
01-19-2008, 12:35 AM
no no no no no no. somebody posts this kind of foolishness every other day.

our problem is at the FEDERAL level. if we don't get the rep nomination, we run indy.

chiplitfam
01-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Hey, we can secede from the Federal Neocon Govt.! Texas can again be its own Country. We will have secure borders, and all of us can live happily ever after! And we will kick out the Bush, Perry, and Hutchison neocon politicians.

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
01-19-2008, 12:42 AM
bump

mavtek
01-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Governor! I'd love that so much! He'd get my vote!

nate895
01-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think RP would want to be leaving office at 83 (next Texas gubernatorial election is in 2010).

Fields
01-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Hey, we can secede from the Federal Neocon Govt.! Texas can again be its own Country. We will have secure borders, and all of us can live happily ever after! And we will kick out the Bush, Perry, and Hutchison neocon politicians.

Right and the last time secession was tried; didn't work out too well.

Spideynw
01-19-2008, 01:51 AM
I would love to see Ron Paul as governor, of any of the top 25 most populous states actually. The Federal government is only 1/3rd of the problem (it only accoutns for 1/3 of the taxes we pay). Granted, the Federal government also causes our inflation, but still, if he could show how prosperous freedom is in a more populous state, it would be an example for the rest to follow. Even mayor of a large Texas city would probably be significant.

Andrew-Austin
01-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Hell yes, but I don't think its probable.

If a man like Ron Paul stepped up for gov, then the men behinds the scenes would just fund multiple other candidates and split the vote making it much harder for him to win.

danberkeley
01-19-2008, 02:10 AM
If Ron Paul ran for governer of Texas, I'd move down there just to vote for him

steph3n
01-19-2008, 02:13 AM
If Ron Paul ran for governer of Texas, I'd move down there just to vote for him

Don't you know that would just mean they will pass laws saying you have to live here for 5 years in a row never setting foot in another state just to vote.

:D

V-rod
01-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Texas constitution has made the governorship the weakest out of all 50 states. I'd rather him run for Senate.

werdd
01-19-2008, 09:37 AM
id vote rick perries ass out in a heartbeat.

MN Patriot
01-19-2008, 10:04 AM
What do you guys think, instead of being just one lone fish among a sea of corrupt politicians.

He should run for Texas governor and put his plans into action, then 4 years later with his record on getting rid of illegal immigration, lowering taxes and promoting freedom in his home state he can show the sheeple that freedom and his ideas arent so crazy afterall, and that they do work.

No, this needs to be a nationwide revolution. Ron should run as a Libertarian, since they already have ballot access to half the states already (and he ran as a Libertarian before).

Then the LP should have candidates running for every House seat and every Senate seat. That way there will be Ron Paul Libertarians everywhere, so the mainstream media can't ignore us.

The Tao Of Bill
01-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Ron Paul will do no one any good by running as a governor or by running as an independent. Governors do not fix things at a federal level and independents do not win. You aren't going to have the same dedicated following to a Ron Paul independent run. Democrats will not support an independent. I'll repeat that again. Democrats will not support an independent. They remember the last time they did. The last time they supported an independent was Ralph Nader. And they blame Ralph Nader for Gore's loss. I know that's kinda stupid but that's the truth. Many democrats refuse to vote for a third party now.

We need Ron Paul in a position where he can make decisions on a federal level. The best chance he has of that is in the house or the senate.

Some are saying well this needs to be a national revolution. It can be. But it isn't going to be with a Ron Paul 3rd party run. The way you make it a national revolution is to come back in 2010 and turnout for your local constitutionalists running for senate and house. Turnout is ultra low in mid term elections. 2010 is our best chance to push the revolution forward.

But we also need to try to get these people in 2008. Which means we need to start planning and giving resources to them now. I suggest if you live in a state that already had it's primaries you use your meetup group to start rallying behind a constutionalist congress run.

Matt Collins
01-19-2008, 01:00 PM
He should RUN FOR SENATE

Leslie Webb
01-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Pull an Aaron Russo and run for governor of Nevada. We could all move to Vegas.

jmbrewr
01-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Ron Paul is Presidential material PERIOD!!!
If he doesn't get the Republican nomination he should run as an AMERICAN. The truth is that if he was to debate any of these foolish candidates he would win hands down. They know that. Thats why they keep trying to shut him out. If he loses the Republican nomination then the people have an obligation to stand up to the system and demand a re-vote. There is no way any of these candidates can beat Ron Paul and if the republican committee, the media, or the government tries to shut Paul out we have to stand up. He is the only one out there brave enough to stand up against the system we owe him our best...

jmbrewr
01-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Dammit they aren't going to destroy this country. The Rockefellers and all their co-conspirator better understand that they might be able to destroy Iraq or Afganistan BUT they will never destroy the American will to succeed!!!

susano
01-19-2008, 04:09 PM
id vote rick perries ass out in a heartbeat.

Why not impeach that bastard?