PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Mentioned on Glenn Beck

tonyr1988
01-19-2008, 12:09 AM
I know that this isn't the most urgent / important thing right now, but just wanted to let everyone know that I was just watching Glenn Beck (I'm at my mom's house, and all she has news-wise is CNN and HNN :P).

He was talking about how inflation is worse than any time in the last 17 years, and he had an economic author on his show. He talked about how crappy the monetary system is, and how the Fed is what has caused everything. They bailed us out of the dot-com bubble, which caused the housing bubble, which they have to bail us out of by increasing interest rates more. He said that we're probably done with bubbles - it's going to keep getting worse.

At the end, Glenn asked "Is there anybody, candidate-wise, that you feel is talking most about this correctly?" The guy said, immediately, "I like Ron Paul." Of course, he also said that he (unfortunately) probably wouldn't win, which kinda sucked, but it was still very very positive. It was the last question, though, so they went straight to break after that.

I don't have YouTube, since I'm not at home, so you gotta trust me on this one. :)

hillertexas
01-19-2008, 12:13 AM
nice.

driller80545
01-19-2008, 12:15 AM
I saw it too. It was a good little bump

Marc3579
01-19-2008, 12:17 AM
It got his name out there so that's good. Nice of Glen to do that...

werdd
01-19-2008, 12:21 AM
yeah i saw it too, obligatory fist in the air ensued.

WilliamC
01-19-2008, 12:28 AM
I think Glenn Beck is on board but still afraid of losing his TV gig.

Grandson of Liberty
01-19-2008, 12:30 AM
(I'm at my mom's house, and all she has news-wise is CNN and HNN :P).

You're not in her basement, are you?:p

Feelgood
01-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Glenn is NOT on board, trust me.

Derek Johnson
01-19-2008, 12:31 AM

Don't get your hopes up for this piece of establishment riff raff, he will stab us in the back, again.

WilliamC
01-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Don't get your hopes up for this piece of establishment riff raff, he will stab us in the back, again.

Maybe. Unless he comes comletely out and endorses Ron Paul though he's not going to be able to do much more than he is if he wants to keep his show.

Finn
01-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Stop being such a lapdog.

all J's in IL for RP
01-19-2008, 12:35 AM
I still don't understand why Ron Paul supporters think they need journalists to "be on board." All we need is fair coverage, not for journalists to be singing Ron Paul's praises.

Grandson of Liberty
01-19-2008, 12:36 AM
I still don't understand why Ron Paul supporters think they need journalists to "be on board." All we need is fair coverage, not for journalists to be singing Ron Paul's praises.

very excellent point.

WilliamC
01-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Stop being such a lapdog.

Woof woof :)

At least Glenn throws us a bone once in a while.

hillertexas
01-19-2008, 12:39 AM
yeah i saw it too, obligatory fist in the air ensued.

:)

WilliamC
01-19-2008, 12:40 AM

Well if I were in a position where I could do more to help Ron Paul get elected I would. I think some of these journalist who have spent years trying to spread the same message, if they were true patriots, would come out and endorse Ron Paul consenquences be damned. But now when they ignore or marginalize or worse attack Ron Paul, it's clear where their loyalties lie. And it isn't to the ideals of the Constitutional as they would have us believe.

Michigan11
01-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Does anyone realize how exciting this is? This is truly the beginnings of a real revolution to turn the Federal Reserve Crooks on their head and to finally kick them out of our land.

Everyone in this country is starting to question the Federal Reserve, the slave Master!

Does anybody else understand how powerful we as a group have become, we are now setting the debate in this country.

Holly shit, fire the cannons, were coming loud and clear! Fire the damn cannons again, they didn't hear us the first time!!!!!

WilliamC
01-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Does anyone realize how exciting this is? This is truly the beginnings of a real revolution to turn the Federal Reserve Crooks on their head and to finally kick them out of our land.

Everyone in this country is starting to question the Federal Reserve, the slave Master!

Does anybody else understand how powerful we as a group have become, we are now setting the debate in this country.

Holly shit, fire the cannons, were coming loud and clear! Fire the damn cannons again, they didn't hear us the first time!!!!!

+1913

GeneralFreeman
01-19-2008, 12:47 AM

I actually think you might be right. Months ago, Glenn gave Dr Paul a full hour on his show, during which Dr Paul was finally able to fully explain a lot of his positions. Since then, he has really focused on the economic issues that Dr Paul addresses - he just doesn't usually mention Dr Paul.

Carson
01-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Snip..

He was talking about how inflation is worse than any time in the last 17 years, and he had an economic author on his show. He talked about how crappy the monetary system is, and how the Fed is what has caused everything. They bailed us out of the dot-com bubble, which caused the housing bubble, which they have to bail us out of by increasing interest rates more. He said that we're probably done with bubbles - it's going to keep getting worse.

Snip... :)

I think the housing market has been a bubble in the making long before the dot-com bubble burst. They are both part of the same symptom. The Frankenstein that was created when the Federal Reserve was bribed into being has left huge amounts of money ending up in the hands of those that bribed it into existence.

They make money when they loan money. They have a vested interest in us borrowing money for any reason.

The thing that perpetuates the problem is that we don't let the people that have made bad investments take the loss. The government tends to step in and transfer the burden over to an unsuspecting public. We have talk now of bailing out the housing market. First they will save the people that took the risk of buying a house, not on its value, but by being willing to out borrow the next guy, much as we ran up the stock market in the twenties.

Next they will bail out the banks. This is already happening as the banks are taking out loans from the Federal Reserve.

I think in the long run this all boils down to the printing of money. When they print more money, the money the regular person holds or is banking on becomes less valuable. We print it for wars. We print it to finance the military industrial complex. We print it up to out-bid the next guy for the things we already own

It doesn't seem to faze the rich and their schemes. They take a risk and if they do well fine. If they loose they get bailed out and the poor get stiffed with covering the loss by being squeezed out of their savings and the little property they still have.

That may be the last bubble to burst. There are a lot of us on the short end of the stick and we have been working at a loss for decades. If those of us that don't profit by our own labor were to stop and look at what is happening, we may not see any real reason to continue on the road we are on and get started again.

CareerTech1
01-19-2008, 01:24 AM
i think Glenn Beck really likes Ron Paul but CNN won't let him get all excited about it