PDA

View Full Version : Southern UTAH ads

withallmyheart
01-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Remember Mike, the gentleman who wrote this terrific paper that persuade enough people that we won a straw poll in Utah. (http://files.meetup.com/497390/Dixie%20Republican%20Forum%20speech%2C%2015-Jan-08.pdf)

He designed an ad around his paper.

Here's his post at daily Paul: (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/27178)

I've designed a half-page ad supporting Ron Paul that will run in three newspapers in Southwest Utah (Dixie Weekly News, Hurricane Valley Journal, and Cedar City Review) the week of January 21. The theme of this ad is civil liberties after 9/11. These papers are sent to nearly 100,000 homes.

Click here to download a PDF of the ad copy I sent to the paper (640 KB):

http://files.meetup.com/497390/SouthernUtahFocus_HalfPage_RonPaul.pdf

This ad will cost us $681. We'd also like to run a full-page ad the week of January 28, right before the primary election, which will cost us even more.

We've started a Chipin to help raise funds:

http://ronpaulstgeorgemeetup.chipin.com/so-utah-ron-paul-newspaper-ads

In return for your Chipin donation of any amount, I'll be happy to customize this ad for your own use -- put in your primary election date, your phone number(s), your Meetup URL, even resize it to meet your paper's specs (within limits -- same general shape).

You can get in touch with me via my Meetup contact form:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com...

Ron can win in Southern Utah! There is a strong pro-Constitution feeling here. If voters know about him, they will vote for him!

We have a chipin going to pay for the ad that will be out next week and if we get enough money we'd like to place it or another ad again the following week. The second ad will hit the Thursday before Super Tuesday.

Please help us out.

Thanks.

TaiwanGuy
01-18-2008, 11:56 PM
bump

this add is the one to get out to republican areas that support the war on terror. it is great!

withallmyheart
01-20-2008, 11:34 AM
bump

TruePatriot44
01-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I don't see how anyone but Romney can win in Utah. I'd recommend putting the funds towards California or another competitive state.

withallmyheart
01-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Romney may win the popular vote but our delegates are only bound on the first round. We're recruiting delegates.

UtahApocalypse
01-20-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't see how anyone but Romney can win in Utah. I'd recommend putting the funds towards California or another competitive state.

Im in Utah. Believe it or not Mormons regard the Constitution very highly. Once they are shown (and we have videos, and fliers) That Romney does not follow it many change. We also have many people active with the party and positioning to become the delegates. I wont go as far as to promise a victory in Utah, I would put money on 2nd though. As to the delegates though, we will get enough in too really stir things up in a 2nd round vote.

Kingfisher
01-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Donated

fj45lvr
01-20-2008, 02:52 PM
they definetly should have something encouraging the families to make sure ALL the wives get out to vote.

withallmyheart
01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Donated

Thank you!

JustBcuz
01-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Romney may win the popular vote but our delegates are only bound on the first round. We're recruiting delegates.

This is very, very good for us. :D

Paul is a lot of Romney folks 2nd choice, or at least that is the case in NV.

Just make sure anything you do in Utah has the word "Constitution" on it about 30 or 40 times. :p

CriticalThinker
01-21-2008, 02:56 PM
... << Cedar City - HEY!!! :)

UtahApocalypse
01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Message from meetup.... (emphasis added, Ads CAN make a difference)

At Tuesday's Dixie Republican Forum luncheon in St George, 5 speakers representing the Paul, Romney, Huckabee, Thompson, and Keyes campaigns participated in a panel. The representatives discussed their candidates' views on foreign policy, taxes and spending, and social issues.

After the presentations, the Forum held a straw poll; here are the results:

Paul: 28
Romney: 18
Keyes: 7
Thompson: 5 (tie)
McCain: 5 (tie)
Hunter: 4
Huckabee: 2
Giuliani: 1 (tie)
Tancredo: 1 (tie)

On the second round faceoff against the top two candidates, Ron Paul got 36 votes, while Mitt Romney came in with 32.

I was shocked when they announced Ron Paul the winner. We had a few people from the local Meetup there, but we didn't "pack" the room by any means. I completely expected Romney to walk away with the vote because of the LDS majority in the room.

After the meeting, I had several people come up to tell me they were going to vote for another candidate, but switched their vote to Ron Paul after hearing our presentation. There were at least five people who expressed interest in joining the Meetup and/or getting bumper stickers and yard signs.

I'm grateful to Kimberly for giving me the opportunity to represent Ron Paul at the Forum luncheon. This was an outstanding day for Ron Paul and liberty!

Go Ron!

mconder
01-21-2008, 07:50 PM

Ron Paul can take a distant 2nd here and it's up to us to close that gap and get as many delegates as possible. Don't completely write off Utah because you think you know the outcome.

Yom
01-21-2008, 07:58 PM
bump.

Cal Mabus
01-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Bump. Great Ad

withallmyheart
01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Please donate. We need the money ASAP. We have to commit to the ad by Friday morning.
All you capped out supporters please consider giving some FRNs to this project.
Everything is appreciated.

withallmyheart
01-24-2008, 01:48 AM
bump for billionaire's assistance

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-24-2008, 01:51 AM
bump.

withallmyheart
01-24-2008, 05:19 PM
another bump for billionaire's assistance

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-24-2008, 05:23 PM
they definetly should have something encouraging the families to make sure ALL the wives get out to vote.

You are a bad person.

withallmyheart
01-24-2008, 06:21 PM
My edition was in our mailbox today and I've already received a call from someone who had just read the ad. She's changing her party affiliation and will attend the caucus!

This ad works here.

Please donate so we can run it next week.