PDA

View Full Version : Catholics for Ron Paul

misericordia
01-18-2008, 11:32 PM
I am apolitical, Canadian and catholic. I am on the fringes, totally into Virgin Mary apparitions.

The weird thing is, everything, and I mean everything Dr No believes and espouses about freedom, foreign policy and the future was voiced by The Virgin Mary at Fatima, Betania, Kibeho, and way more places, and endorsed by JPII.

This is electrifying. Who better to deliver the US and the rest of the world from Orwell's boot than Ron Paul?

Corydoras
01-19-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm not Catholic and never have been, but I like to follow RCC issues, because without trying, I've had a whole slew of serious Catholics in my life, ranging from a former Catholic Worker to Jesuits to monarchists.

It boggles my mind that Catholics have not been backing Ron Paul in huge numbers, as the ONLY candidate who is pro-life, anti-death penalty, and against the war in Iraq.

On the other hand, I am concerned about this issue:
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/ny-wochar214226829apr21,0,6705480.story

gaazn
01-19-2008, 01:11 AM
If you like John Paul vote for Ron Paul

Why Catholics won't support Ron Paul in huge numbers?

because they don't trust the Christian Right wing of the GOP (or the other way around) and because they are a little more lenient toward illegal or undocumented persons in the U.S. Have you ever been to mass where they talk about iran being evil or hating on illegal immigrants? They do that in some Christian churches.

misericordia
01-19-2008, 02:48 AM
I thought this thread was dead and buried. Thanks for the resurrection.

I posted on Catholic sites, and got deleted/warned. I have yet to try the apparition sites, they may be more open to this, being more of my bent.

I wouldn't worry about the wonderful world of bush-babies, they probably put him there to pull out of their pocket at times like these...

I think rather that Catholics tend to wards democrats because many are catholic in name. But they're way off the mark if they think Pelosi or Gulianni come close to Dr No's record of shining integrity and T R U T H.

You're right about them being fearful of the moral majority et al, if only they'd get back to the basics of doctrine instead of being lost in the intellectual bs of grey/relativism.