PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear? RON PAUL doesn't think we can keep breaking fundraising records!!!

DealzOnWheelz
01-18-2008, 10:47 PM
We have got to do all we can to make this thing happen. We've got about 10 minutes to start tearing this thing wide open.

We need to get all the money we can possibly put up for FREEDOM

THIS IS IT GUYS THE CLIMAX TO THE THRILLER

Can we turn this thing around??

Lets do this

itsnobody
01-18-2008, 10:47 PM
he's right

I'd be surprised if we hit $500,000

ronpaulfan
01-18-2008, 10:48 PM
If Ron wins NV, he will pull in $10,000,000 on Monday.

Lord Xar
01-18-2008, 10:49 PM
well.. we can change that..

we need to start emailing all the meetups (I have mine),

and we need to get the word out.. Lets contact those in our email lists and such.

ronpaulfan
01-18-2008, 10:52 PM

Victories = money
5th place finishes = disappointment

The campaign should have realized this and been more aggressive with the money we gave them. The creative energy of the guys in charge is depressingly low.

Agent CSL
01-18-2008, 10:52 PM
1) Inform Meetups. Join new Meetup groups if you have to, spread the word.
2) Inform friends.
3) Post about the site on 3 new forums unrelated to Ron Paul, even if you have to break no-spam rules.

:)

ihsv
01-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Victories = money
5th place finishes = disappointment

The campaign should have realized this and been more aggressive with the money we gave them. The creative energy of the guys in charge is depressingly low.

100% agree!!!!

RSLudlum
01-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Seemed like it was a 'kind' challenge to us with a wink of an eye. He knows how we don't like to be told that we can't do something and in doing so downplays it with the media too. ;)

Anti Federalist
01-18-2008, 10:56 PM

+1776

crazyfacedjenkins
01-18-2008, 11:45 PM

chewbacca
01-18-2008, 11:48 PM
if he pulls another pathetic 4-5th finish in nevada expect 1-2 million at best. if he gets top 3 expect 2-4 million and if he gets 1st expect 7+ million.

Ex Post Facto
01-18-2008, 11:49 PM

He doesn't have hired staff as far as I'm aware. He travels modestly, rents vehicles like a normal person, and is not pissing it away. I intend to give money on MLK day and there are several others here who are waiting for that day.

chewbacca
01-18-2008, 11:51 PM
He has 300 paid staff and flys in private chartered jets. Thats a major major expense and its obviously not paid off.

firebirdnation
01-18-2008, 11:54 PM
He should have hired better staff.

I agree, IMO he should have hired better staff and put out better ads.

RPSignbomb
01-18-2008, 11:56 PM
He has 300 paid staff and flys in private chartered jets. Thats a major major expense and its obviously not paid off.

Fuck you it has not ... he has moved from 1% in national polls to 6% ... If you know anything about math his percentage increase is AMAZING. He and his staff have made errors but Ron Paul is not a mainstream kinda guy .... they've done a great job taking someone no-one knew to making him the most feared man running for President.

Ex Post Facto
01-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Well please for the love of Freedom, do not tear yourself apart. After February 5th make your decision on whether you want to contribute anymore. I'll be pro freedom the rest of my life, this is just the begining.

haaaylee
01-18-2008, 11:59 PM
this is why so many of us were against a money bomb.

no one is motivated by this one, our efforts needed to focused elsewhere, and if we do badly on this money hopefully that's why. hopefully it's not because we are all losing hope.

though it seems like some of us are.

Eric23
01-19-2008, 12:02 AM
I may sound like a downer, but I have no reason to donate more money to the campaign unless I see some campaigning being done. I mean I haven't seen or heard shit about Paul anywhere. What gives?

firebirdnation
Well please for the love of Freedom, do not tear yourself apart. After February 5th make your decision on whether you want to contribute anymore. I'll be pro freedom the rest of my life, this is just the begining.

I agree 100%, and I will vote for Ron Paul even if I have to write his name on the ballet.

Anti Federalist
The staff and jets I'm not that concerned about. I have to fly quite a bit and I know what hassle commercial air travel is.

But 4 million for the likes of, "He's catching on I'm telling ya'" was disgraceful in NH.

Better to spend some of that money buying the copyright usage for some of the material in the vids that were made by the grassroots. Aravoth, ELib3rty, GHoeberX or Validus come to mind. All of them are right here, all of them or any of them could have made powerful, kick ass media ads, with a lot less overhead.

Not that I think ads and media buys would make much difference, however.

The American people don't want Peace and Freedom, they want Welfare and Warfare.

RPSignbomb
01-19-2008, 12:03 AM
I expect a 2mm dollar day. Its sad to see so many people had misguided expectations. I think we can attribute this to the "conspiracy theory" element within the grassroots. Polling has historically been accurate but some neo-ron's made many of you believe Dr. Paul was going to win in Iowa and NH because the "polls are wrong". When we told you the polls were accurate, the troll label instantly came out... and now you are passing blame.

Now all you can do is blame HQ. For those who are so ready to blame - what have you done? How many doors have you knocked on? Are you a delegate? Have you signed up to be a PC? Probably not, easier to blog and bash.

For me and some others I hope, this has never been about winning. It's about spreading the message - breaking down walls ... it's work every dime and ounce of effort I've put into it.

tuckessee
It won't fucking happen, people saw their money get pissed away. He fucked up. He should have hired better staff.It's a shame to see people quit so easily. Have we become a nation of whiners & babies, so easily discouraged & willing to cut our own noses off to spite our faces?

chowdy
Don't let the revolution end here, guys!

Knightskye
01-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Seemed like it was a 'kind' challenge to us with a wink of an eye. He knows how we don't like to be told that we can't do something and in doing so downplays it with the media too. ;)

Yeah, he wants to end the War on Drugs. He knows that when you tell someone they can't do something, they want to do it more.

Bump!

but some neo-ron's made many of you believe Dr. Paul was going to win in Iowa and NH because the "polls are wrong". When we told you they were accurate, the troll label instantly came out.

Wasn't Ron polling at 14% in New Hampshire right before the primary, though? That didn't turn out to be accurate.

Roadrcr
01-19-2008, 12:04 AM
If you dont you are no better then the "why waste my vote" mentallity.. And sorry to say but fuck you.. This has been an uphill battle from day one.. America does not want to hear the truth .. we are the intelligent ones.. If anything is going to make me lose faith its going to be the supporters who act like sheep . The very people we act like we are smarter then.

ProfNo
01-19-2008, 12:07 AM

QFT

Bilgefisher
this is why so many of us were against a money bomb.

no one is motivated by this one, our efforts needed to focused elsewhere, and if we do badly on this money hopefully that's why. hopefully it's not because we are all losing hope.

though it seems like some of us are.

I beg to differ. 9800 people have pledged for this one. Thats hardly nobody. Sure Nov 5th only had 17000, but 2 million would still be nice. Money bombs excite people and he does need to money. The ads recently have been much better and I haven't heard any complaining about them.

RPSignbomb
[/QUOTE] Wasn't Ron polling at 14% in New Hampshire right before the primary, though? That didn't turn out to be accurate.[/QUOTE]

That same poll came out the day of the vote showed him at 8% - the newletter smear and fox news snub did their jobs.

cien750hp
guys. this whole revolution is about the message ron paul is spreading. i have no doubt this man has a plan to get his message out there, so by god you need to donate no matter what. just because you don't see progress doesn't mean he isn't going to come out of no where and blindside everyone. we've sacraficed so much for him and this is now a lifelong commitment, have some trust and faith.

LukeNM
01-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Some people here are no better than the sheeple -- they want the nomination handed to them by a billionaire. Work for something in your lives PEOPLE!

Marc3579
01-19-2008, 12:10 AM
So, if we're all just living in fantasy land as you say we are RPS.... What keeps you and everyone else who think his days are numbered coming back here? I'm here till the end. Did you forget this was an uphill battle? Did you honestly think this was going to be a cake walk? I followed Ron from the side line from awhile, and after the smear campaign started I decided to come out of the shadows...

RPSignbomb
01-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Some people here are no better than the sheeple -- they want the nomination handed to them by a billionaire. Work for something in your lives PEOPLE!

If only it were that easy.... how much money did Ross Perot have when he ran? :)

Thumper
01-19-2008, 12:11 AM
I may sound like a downer, but I have no reason to donate more money to the campaign unless I see some campaigning being done. I mean I haven't seen or heard shit about Paul anywhere. What gives?

What gives is that the MSM blackout and censorship of Ron Paul is apparently doing what it was intended to. Some of you think because you don't see him on TV that he isn't doing anything. Do you really believe that? Wake up!!!

We have been talking for months about how diabolical the mainstream media is. How the establishment will stop at nothing to silence the message and marginalize the campaign. What they are doing now is trying to restore apathy to Ron Paul supporters, the same apathy we said that Ron Paul cured.

Don't let them do it. Don't be blind to what is going on here. Don't give up hope. We must all continue to support the campaign, donate to the campaign, spread the message, convert people and get out the vote. If this campaign fails it won't be because the message failed or the candidate failed, it will be because the media succeeded in robbing us of our beliefs and our hope.

Don't let this happen. We're all better than that.

GregVernon
The only reason I think people won't give anymore money is because I'd imagine we're all broke at the moment...

syborius
I agree, IMO he should have hired better staff and put out better ads.

Well, he could have, should have, and probably will, the problem as someone else so eloquently stated before. Ron Pauls rise to national prominence has happened a bit TOO late to sway voters that might just now be tuning into the candidates..If someone just now tunes in you won't hear a peep out of the media, and that is the whole point. If he starts to place top three than we still have a shot. What we need to do is place #1 in one state. I almost wish that Ron Paul was 20 years younger...because this would carry over, and he could make another run at it. BUT, what I foresee happening is probably a third party run. The repub. machine is still too hard to crack wide open.

Billy Budd
01-19-2008, 12:12 AM

To "see" you have to "look"..

Enthusiastic Crowds Greet Ron Paul Throughout the Silver State

LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul was warmly welcomed back to the Silver State by large crowds on his third swing through the state this election season. The Texas congressman began his trip on the Sunday the 13th, at a meeting with Nye County Republicans in Pahrump. On Monday, January 14th, he headed north to Reno and Carson City, and ended his trip on Tuesday the 15th with a series of events in Las Vegas.

On January 13th, a crowd of two hundred and fifteen people were on hand to listen to Dr. Paul at the Bob Ruud Community Center in Pahrump, Nevada. The crowd, which included undecided voters and Nye County Republicans, warmly received Ron Paul’s message, and showed their appreciation with more than three standing ovations.

Ron Paul then headed north to Reno on Monday the 14th. After visiting the local media in the morning, Dr. Paul stopped in at Peg’s Glorified Ham and Eggs, a popular breakfast diner in downtown Reno. Supporters inside cheered when Dr. Paul stepped in the door, while other diners were completely taken by surprise. Dr. Paul shook hands and greeted supporters before sitting down to a hamburger for lunch. He then headed south to the state capitol Carson City for a speech to local residents at Comma Coffee. Over a hundred and fifty people crowded into the coffeehouse, with people spilling out the door and lining the sidewalk to hear the Texas congressman. The enthusiastic crowd responded with cheers to Dr. Paul’s message of smaller government and national sovereignty.

Dr. Paul then headed back to Reno to visit the new Ron Paul campaign headquarters located in Sparks at 1350 E. Greg Street. The dedicated volunteers making phone calls to get out the vote were thrilled to pause their work to greet the Texas congressman. He signed autographs and spoke to the volunteers about the importance of their work for his campaign.

Dr. Paul wrapped up his busy day with a visit to a Nevada Republican Assembly meeting. A crowd of thirty Republicans was on hand to listen and ask questions after Dr. Paul spoke for forty minutes about his opinions on foreign policy, national sovereignty, and monetary policy. The NVRA presented Dr. Paul with a Washoe County medallion in appreciation of his visit, and the crowd of staunch Republicans gave Dr. Paul numerous rounds of applause and a standing ovation when he departed.

On Tuesday, January 15th, Dr. Paul spent the morning with the press; television, radio and newspapers.

At noon, he spoke at the Third Tuesday Coalition lunch at the Las Vegas Country Club.

In the afternoon, after taping another television interview, he visited with Nevadans concerned about illegal immigration and border security at a March for America conference. The director of March for America, Jonnie Crivello of Washington State, has endorsed Dr. Paul. Ms. Crivello also invited leaders of other citizens’ groups, including Save our State (saveourstate.org) and You Don’t Speak For Me (dontspeakforme.org) who flew in from across the west to meet Dr. Paul. Nevadans in attendance were particularly impressed by Dr. Paul’s traditional Republican, Old Right, message of limited government and adherence to constitutional principles.

In the evening, media cameras and reporters met Dr. Paul at an event with over 200 supporters at a local pizza parlor. After meeting with supporters and shaking hands, he went to a caucus chair training meeting hosted by the Nevada State Republican Party to speak with Republicans preparing for the state’s first caucus on Saturday. He congratulated them for their dedication to the Republican Party and for participating in the important event this coming Saturday.

----------------------------------

RP is the frikkin energizer bunny on steroids.

steve005
01-19-2008, 12:12 AM
he's right

troll

RPSignbomb
01-19-2008, 12:13 AM
So, if we're all just living in fantasy land as you say we are RPS.... What keeps you and everyone else who think his days are numbered coming back here? I'm here till the end. Did you forget this was an uphill battle? Did you honestly think this was going to be a cake walk? I followed Ron from the side line from awhile, and after the smear campaign started I decided to come out of the shadows...

Like I said, his message is very important. You can now hear other "major" candidates speaking just like Dr. Paul. He's never really had a chance to win - oh we can hope and dream but reality is sometimes a bitter pill. I've never said give up, in fact I hope everyone continues the fight... it's important!

jointhefightforfreedom
01-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Wake up people quit pissing and moaning ! Are you in the fight or not?
I mean Seriously!
There is know reason to begin to think despair!
NO FRONTRUNNER HAS EMERGED, SO FAR WE ARE HEADED TOWARDS A BROKERED CONVENTION!
WE HAVE DELEGATES AND CAN EASILY TAKE THE NOMINATION!
I AM IN THIS FIGHT TO THE BITTER END!

Furthermore
I intend to prosecute the criminal politicians who have put us in this mess!
If you are ready to make a stand and take some action
Please join this thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87193

Anti Federalist
01-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Wake up people quit pissing and moaning ! Are you in the fight or not?
I mean Seriously!
There is know reason to begin to think despair!
NO FRONTRUNNER HAS EMERGED, SO FAR WE ARE HEADED TOWARDS A BROKERED CONVENTION!
WE HAVE DELEGATES AND CAN EASILY TAKE THE NOMINATION!
I AM IN THIS FIGHT TO THE BITTER END!

Furthermore
I intend to prosecute the criminal politicians who have put us in this mess!
If you are ready to make a stand and take some action
Please join this thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87193

I appreciate your enthusiasm, I really do.

We have two delegates currently. Not easy to take the nomination at that rate.

JohnnyWrath
01-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Did you honestly think this was going to be a cake walk?

No doubt, some people thought we could create a forum on the internet and decide who the next president of the United States would be....thought it was that easy....kind of sad really, but some people thought that.

We have to get millions to the campaign so they can advertise and run a 50 state campaign....freedom and liberty are worth it....those who feel that true freedom and liberty is too hard to get back....I disagree...we should fight until the end, and then fight again if we do lose, and then chose a new candidate next round if need be, and then fight some more...I will donate all I can on the 21st, and I hope others will join me....I feel I am doing this for American children that have not even been born yet...

Anti Federalist
01-19-2008, 12:21 AM
"War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is, revolution is when you decide that for yourself."

Now THAT'S a sig line!

Source?

Karsten
01-19-2008, 12:21 AM
he's right

Oh c'mon don't be THAT pessimistic! Freeatlast2008 currently has almost 10,000 pledges. November 5th had 18,000 pledges. So realistically, we should pull in at least 2-3 million.

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
01-19-2008, 12:23 AM
We have got to do all we can to make this thing happen. We've got about 10 minutes to start tearing this thing wide open.

We need to get all the money we can possibly put up for FREEDOM

THIS IS IT GUYS THE CLIMAX TO THE THRILLER

Can we turn this thing around??

Lets do this

Be a Realists

we are in a Depression

I say shoot for a mil or two

everyone's hurtin financially right now

Ron Knows that.........

MattMinnesota
01-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I appreciate your enthusiasm, I really do.

We have two delegates currently. Not easy to take the nomination at that rate.

You don't seem to understand. We can get many Ron Paul supporters to be 'committed' to other candidates. The convention then becomes brokered and these delegates become uncommitted and can pick whoever they want. Guess who they pick? Ron Paul.

MattMinnesota
01-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Oh c'mon don't be THAT pessimistic! Freeatlast2008 currently has almost 10,000 pledges. November 5th had 18,000 pledges. So realistically, we should pull in at least 2-3 million.

Exactly! The amount of the pledge ($10 or $100) is irrelevant. People give what they can, not just the value of the pledge amount.

Anti Federalist
01-19-2008, 12:26 AM
You don't seem to understand. We can get many Ron Paul supporters to be 'committed' to other candidates. The convention then becomes brokered and these delegates become uncommitted and can pick whoever they want. Guess who they pick? Ron Paul.

No, I do understand that.

Extremely unlikely in my view.

icon124
01-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Nevada caucus will tell us everything.

Last = $500,000
4th-5th = $1,000,000
2nd-3rd = $4,500,000
1st = $$$$$$NEW RECORD$$$$$$

I hope we can get first. If we do, then every Ron Paul supporter will go nutz and start campaigning 20 times harder. If he gets 1st tomorrow, I'm calling out of work and finishing my precinct list, and starting in my grandmothers address district :). Oh yeah, I'll max out at $2,300...and I'm a college student that works 3 months a year.

icon124
01-19-2008, 12:30 AM
No doubt, some people thought we could create a forum on the internet and decide who the next president of the United States would be....thought it was that easy....kind of sad really, but some people thought that.

We have to get millions to the campaign so they can advertise and run a 50 state campaign....freedom and liberty are worth it....those who feel that true freedom and liberty is too hard to get back....I disagree...we should fight until the end, and then fight again if we do lose, and then chose a new candidate next round if need be, and then fight some more...I will donate all I can on the 21st, and I hope others will join me....I feel I am doing this for American children that have not even been born yet...

+1776
I'm not going anywhere, I'll be pushing for people like Ron Paul for decades to come.

Marc3579
01-19-2008, 12:32 AM
I'll be pushing for Ron Paul candidates also, this is also a movement to get our country back on the correct path. I'm in this until the end, if Ron doesn't win president eh...I'll be a little sad. But, I'm not gonna sit around an moan and groan. I'm going to push for people with Ron's ideas to run for office.

Karsten
01-19-2008, 12:33 AM

Last = $500,000
4th-5th = $1,000,000
2nd-3rd = $4,500,000

I hope we can get first. If we do, then every Ron Paul supporter will go nutz and start campaigning 20 times harder. If he gets 1st tomorrow, I'm calling out of work and finishing my precinct list, and starting in my grandmothers address district :). Oh yeah, I'll max out at $2,300...and I'm a college student that works 3 months a year.

If we hit 1st, a lot of people will party so hard they might forget to donate.

dreicher
01-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Guys, this is it. You think you're going to be in a better position to support a movement like this in 4 years? Universal Health Care? Continued Wars? Housing Collapse? Dollar Collapse?

I'm afraid its now or never, so dig deep. Screw ups or not - your dollars are shaping the debate in this country and spreading the word one person at a time. We might not get 'em all, but everyone we reach is a mark in the 'win' column in my book.

nimo
01-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Shoot this means I have to make certain adjustments to add $700 to this MLK MB, although I cannot contribute anymore for I am maxed out. I am willing to donate to others I know, that love this freedom message though. :)

I know atleast 20 others that love RP's message and for that I am thankful!

I guess I will be making a handful of donations to people that I love and respect!

Wether they decide to to pass those contributions onto freedom is up to them!

It is there choice wether to keep the money or donate it!

At this point I am all in at the cost of $10,599.01 so far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless what happens with this whole scenario I want to thank you all to the fullest extent!!!

cheese
01-19-2008, 12:44 AM
RP has roughly 10 million supporters. If 0.1% max out at $2300, he'll have $23 million.

0.1% at $2300

or

1% at $230

or

10% at $23

or at the mean donation: ~$100: 2.3% at $100

Do you think it's possible to get 2.3% of RP supporters to donate before feb 5?

affa
01-19-2008, 01:26 AM

What, do you think it's getting buried in the back yard?

Of course he's doing something with it. It might not be in your state. It might be commercials that haven't even aired yet. But he's spending it, we know that.

Trust the man. Give generously. Because how awful are you going to feel when everything DOES start to shift and he's advancing in the primaries and then... the money starts to run dry.

Give. Then give again.

Because right now we're only giving money. That's the easy part.

CareerTech1
01-19-2008, 01:28 AM
if RP wins Nevada he will bring in $50Million on Monday.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Don't give up. Dr. Paul has my vote in November NO MATTER WHAT!

The corporate media's whole goal is to split and divide this movement. Divide and Conquer is their strategy, and it has been for a long time.

Stick to your game, promote Ron Paul everywhere, Become a Precinct Captain (https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/), and DONATE!

Just keep in mind what is at stake here. We have an economic tsunami about to sweep this nation. Ron Paul is the only candidate that understands how to solve this problem.

pacelli
01-19-2008, 01:50 AM
Remember what that mystery billionaire post said? "Rome wasn't built in a day". That applies to Paul's campaign. I think they are seeing this as a more long-range campaign that has several different goals, including getting Dr. Paul the nomination. Part of the plan, I think, involves keeping the coffers full for a shot at the convention.

pacelli
01-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Don't you just love threads that are almost nothing but the following:

Thank you for your generous donation of $100.00!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

I love seeing donation threads!

JohnnyWrath
01-19-2008, 02:00 AM
The other candidates blew their wads to win early...Ron Paul is the only one running ads in Nevada....we have to give Ron Paul the advantage that comes with having cash to run TV ads...Romney and McCain have spent ten times what Ron has on TV ads etc in the early states... not everyone is on the internet for their political news....few are...without TV ads...you will go nowhere....

I understand a lot of people here seem to think there are better ways and ideas, but guess what? Candidates don't use these lame ass TV ads because they don't work....they DO work, and always have...same reason I brush my teeth with Colgate instead of using something I never heard of....TV ads....no matter how lame people here may think they are, DO work....candidates are not spending millions on them because they don't work.

Donate or do something else productive....many people are getting sick of hearing people here at an internet forum talking about how they know better, as if they are expert at running a presidential campaign...digg and youtube are not going to win an election.

pacelli
01-19-2008, 02:05 AM
It's a shame to see people quit so easily. Have we become a nation of whiners & babies, so easily discouraged & willing to cut our own noses off to spite our faces?

You know, you are right. It is either we trust Dr. Paul, or we don't. Dr. Paul is a man of integrity, therefore, I trust him. I will complain about the campaign, but I trust Dr. Paul's judgment regardless.

Brother Butch
01-19-2008, 02:14 AM
...:D

CountryB4Party
01-19-2008, 02:34 AM
He doesn't have hired staff as far as I'm aware. He travels modestly, rents vehicles like a normal person, and is not pissing it away. I intend to give money on MLK day and there are several others here who are waiting for that day.

Per Jesse Benton himself he stated several days ago that there is only $8 million left in the bank and that most had gone to private charters and staff salaries. I kid you not; you can listen here:

Scroll to bottom of page to listen to the broadcast:

http://www.rprradio.com/Benton_Speaks_Out.html

Mithridates
01-19-2008, 04:01 AM

I'm not sure why you've gotten that impression, but on Google Trends he continues to go up in both regular traffic and in news articles:

http://google.com/trends?q=ron+paul&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

Personally when I started following the campaign Google News would turn up slightly under 10,000 articles. After Nov. 5th it was around 12,000 and after the Tea Party nearly 20,000. Now the average seems to be at least 25,000.

Coola
01-19-2008, 04:16 AM
Yea just sounds to me he is being optimistic. So if we don't break the previous tea party record he could say that he wasn't expecting to break this one and keep the media's head on straight.

jrich4rpaul
01-19-2008, 04:18 AM
Free at last, free at last!

www.freeatlast2008.com

crazyfacedjenkins
01-20-2008, 12:45 PM
It's a shame to see people quit so easily. Have we become a nation of whiners & babies, so easily discouraged & willing to cut our own noses off to spite our faces?

Man I've been canvasing for quite some time now. My meetup's organizer bought registered voter lists for our county well before Ron Paul gave them to us. I'm not going to waste my money though.

NerveShocker
01-20-2008, 12:56 PM

Last = $500,000
4th-5th = $1,000,000
2nd-3rd = $4,500,000

Ok, well we got second.. ;) I certainly hope you're right now :P

Pledge now for the LAST big money bomb before Super Tuesday! www.FreeAtLast2008.com

DealzOnWheelz
01-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Bump Bump

wgadget
01-20-2008, 01:10 PM
It's our job to prove him wrong, gang.

Crickett
01-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I expect a 2mm dollar day. Its sad to see so many people had misguided expectations. I think we can attribute this to the "conspiracy theory" element within the grassroots. Polling has historically been accurate but some neo-ron's made many of you believe Dr. Paul was going to win in Iowa and NH because the "polls are wrong". When we told you the polls were accurate, the troll label instantly came out... and now you are passing blame.

Now all you can do is blame HQ. For those who are so ready to blame - what have you done? How many doors have you knocked on? Are you a delegate? Have you signed up to be a PC? Probably not, easier to blog and bash.

For me and some others I hope, this has never been about winning. It's about spreading the message - breaking down walls ... it's work every dime and ounce of effort I've put into it.

I think your 2 million is off...RP needs 23 million...guess what? I am going to donate MORE on MLK day than I did on Teaparty day..GO RP!!

Crickett
01-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Maybe there is another RP supporter in your area that could use a "loan" so that he can max out too..(nudge ;)

freelance
01-20-2008, 01:21 PM
What gives is that the MSM blackout and censorship of Ron Paul is apparently doing what it was intended to. Some of you think because you don't see him on TV that he isn't doing anything. Do you really believe that? Wake up!!!

We have been talking for months about how diabolical the mainstream media is. How the establishment will stop at nothing to silence the message and marginalize the campaign. What they are doing now is trying to restore apathy to Ron Paul supporters, the same apathy we said that Ron Paul cured.

Don't let them do it. Don't be blind to what is going on here. Don't give up hope. We must all continue to support the campaign, donate to the campaign, spread the message, convert people and get out the vote. If this campaign fails it won't be because the message failed or the candidate failed, it will be because the media succeeded in robbing us of our beliefs and our hope.

The media figured out that attacking him doesn't work as well as totally blackballing him. Almost every time they attacked, Ron Paul came out the winner. They've reverted to Plan B, and they've coordinated the blackout.

ClayTrainor
01-20-2008, 01:23 PM
The media figured out that attacking him doesn't work as well as totally blackballing him. Almost every time they attacked, Ron Paul came out the winner. They've reverted to Plan B, and they've coordinated the blackout.

QFT!

Sey.Naci
01-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Ok, well we got second.. ;) I certainly hope you're right now :P

Last = $500,000
4th-5th = $1,000,000
2nd-3rd = $4,500,000

I hope we can get first. If we do, then every Ron Paul supporter will go nutz and start campaigning 20 times harder. If he gets 1st tomorrow, I'm calling out of work and finishing my precinct list, and starting in my grandmothers address district . Oh yeah, I'll max out at $2,300...and I'm a college student that works 3 months a year.

Pledge now for the LAST big money bomb before Super Tuesday! www.FreeAtLast2008.comRP came in second in terms of the Nevada caucus straw poll, but it's very likely he came in first in delegates. Delegates are more important; it is they, after all, who ultimately make the nomination.

FacelessJoe
01-20-2008, 01:26 PM
RP came in second in terms of the Nevada caucus straw poll, but it's very likely he came in first in delegates. Delegates are more important; it is they, after all, who ultimately make the nomination.

This is what doesn't make sense to me, how on earth could he get more delegates then the most voted candidate?

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-20-2008, 01:26 PM

Very very true.... Attacking Ron Paul just gives him more face time on the teevee and newspapers.

They have figured out that a total black out works better than attacks.

wgadget
01-20-2008, 01:28 PM
So, will these networks ban him from buying commercial airtime? Is that the next step?

sockmonkey70@yahoo.com
01-20-2008, 01:29 PM
RP has roughly 10 million supporters. If 0.1% max out at $2300, he'll have $23 million.

0.1% at $2300

or

1% at $230

or

10% at $23

or at the mean donation: ~$100: 2.3% at $100

Do you think it's possible to get 2.3% of RP supporters to donate before feb 5?

2.3% is all we need???? I probably won't be able to afford $100 because books and art supplies for the semester cost about $600 and wiped me out....but I am going to try my best to donate atleast $50.

wfd40
01-20-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't know about anyone else.. but after yesterday.. I am going HUGE tomorrow..

A big showing tomorrow WILL SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF THE ESTABLISHMENT.. it will show them that we believe strongly in the 'rope-a-dope' strategy and are in this until the convention...

They probably think we're a bit demoralized after "just a few states"... NEVER!.. there are over 40 states to go!

DeafEric
01-20-2008, 03:12 PM

Hear Hear!!

DeafEric
01-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Don't give up. Dr. Paul has my vote in November NO MATTER WHAT!

The corporate media's whole goal is to split and divide this movement. Divide and Conquer is their strategy, and it has been for a long time.

Stick to your game, promote Ron Paul everywhere, Become a Precinct Captain (https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/), and DONATE!

Just keep in mind what is at stake here. We have an economic tsunami about to sweep this nation. Ron Paul is the only candidate that understands how to solve this problem.

Hear Hear!!!

Jae0
01-20-2008, 03:20 PM
This may have been asked already but...

Say someone has maxed out on the amount they can donate, but they want to donate more.
Couldnt they give the money to someone else, and have them donate?

Sey.Naci
01-20-2008, 03:24 PM
RP came in second in terms of the Nevada caucus straw poll, but it's very likely he came in first in delegates. Delegates are more important; it is they, after all, who ultimately make the nomination.This is what doesn't make sense to me, how on earth could he get more delegates then the most voted candidate?Check out the Nevada sub-forum. There were at least two threads discussing this.

emk
01-20-2008, 03:26 PM
This may have been asked already but...

Say someone has maxed out on the amount they can donate, but they want to donate more.
Couldnt they give the money to someone else, and have them donate?

Look up 'bundling' on Google.

FacelessJoe
01-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Check out the Nevada sub-forum. There were at least two threads discussing this.

Thanks.