PDA

View Full Version : You may have the second amendment... but keep it a secret!

Psych0t
01-18-2008, 10:02 PM
http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59566

The sheriff said the decision to use SWAT team force was justified because the father was a "self-proclaimed constitutionalist" and had made threats and "comments" over the years.

However, the sheriff declined to provide a single instance of the father's illegal behavior.

Summary: a paramedic team, who was called by a concerned neighbor, goes batshit after a Vietnam veteran, father of 10 children, refuses to take his child to the hospital after bumping his head. The child, according to the article, "...was able to recite Bible verses and correctly spell words to his father and mother. There were no broken bones, no dilated eyes, or any other noticeable problems." Social(ist) service shows up and demands to see the child, who was taking a bath. The very next day a SWAT team of 12 busts in to the house, the first cop inside aims a gun at a the 20 year-old daughter's face, then they proceed to throw everyone to the floor and cuff them

He said he saw a multitude of injuries in Vietnam, and while he recognized that his son needed to be watched, he wasn't willing to turn his child over to the paramedics.
With 10 children, most of them older than John, it's not as if he hasn't seen a bruise or two, he said

ihsv
01-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Ahhh, the nanny state. See? The government really does care!

yongrel
01-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Lovely. Just lovely.

mmarcman22
01-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Time for the Ron Paul Militia to assemble

torchbearer
01-18-2008, 10:15 PM
It makes me feel warm and fuzzy... just like a mother's embrace...
I love you BIG BROTHER!!!!!

http://www.apfn.org/APFN/1984-movie-bb.jpg

ThomasJ
01-18-2008, 10:21 PM
We the people should set up a SWAT team and go raid the police office. Do citizen arrests and take them to the courthouse. Try them for treason.

torchbearer
01-18-2008, 10:24 PM
We the people should set up a SWAT team and go raid the police office. Do citizen arrests and take them to the courthouse. Try them for treason.

We are not at that stage yet... let them not elect Ron and then we will gather the villagers for a lil' one on one with the strong arm thugs of the collectivist.

torchbearer
01-19-2008, 12:13 AM
//

phixion
01-19-2008, 09:23 AM
While that reaction was ridiculous, it doesn't hurt to check your child in to the hospital to make sure he gets the OK from a professional if the bump was less than soft.

Pete

pcosmar
01-19-2008, 09:36 AM
While that reaction was ridiculous, it doesn't hurt to check your child in to the hospital to make sure he gets the OK from a professional if the bump was less than soft.

Pete

Um. Not necessarily.
I am from a family of 6 kids. I never went to the hospital or a doctor till I was in my teens. I put an ax on my toe, (ruined a good boot) and only then because my employer insisted.
Minor bumps and bruises,sniffles, childhood ailments do not require a doctor or hospital.
This is one of the main problems with our health care system, and why it costs so much.
It is up to the parents to care for their children, and to chose that care. The patents checked the child in this case and did not feel it was needed.

The reaction of the state was ridiculous beyond measure.

tommyzDad
01-19-2008, 09:59 AM
So our rights are "only in the movies"? :mad:

I have to know what kind of mentality compels someone into law enforcement! They swear an oath to the Constitution, yet willing work day in and day out violating that oath! They're the worst kind of sheep: Armed!!

Anyone know of instances of LEOs leaving the force because they were being forced to violate the Oath?

Staupostek
01-19-2008, 10:04 AM
It's a wonder they didn't just go in and taser the whole lot of them, since cops seem to taser first and ask questions later these days.

Mini-Me
01-19-2008, 10:07 AM
We have crap like this happening, yet somehow, the majority of America buys into the utterly delusional idea that a fascist police state could never happen here...

ThePieSwindler
01-19-2008, 06:05 PM

Pete

Notice the location this poster is from. Enough said...

They were just doing their job, right?

FreeTraveler
01-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Notice the location this poster is from. Enough said...

They were just doing their job, right?

LOL, I was expecting it to say Kalifornia!

Dave39168
01-19-2008, 09:23 PM
I work at a level 2 trauma center ER here where i live. A majority of what comes in seems to be runny noses, tummy aches, stuff that needs to be seen at a doctors office for you know like $100 maybe. BUT.....for some reason its easier to go to the ER and be seen for $1500 (minimum) plus another good chunk of money if you get the doorside service (ambulance). And you know most of the time the State/Fed govmnt picks up the tab via medicaid, or else they have no insurance (exe all of the illegals we treat) and the hospital just eats the costs. Look all over the southwest where hospitals are having to close b/c they can't afford to treat illegals for free. Soon it will be happening in the South too. This type of mentallity makes health care cost skyrocket and also decreases the quality of care for people who have a true emergency. I mean the kid bumped his head, the parents checked him out, all good, keep an eye on him. This is rediculous.

I love helping people and that is why i work in health care. But it is very upsetting when you see the abuse of our systems. Taxes going up, hospitals loosing money, quality of care going down. We can't support it to much longer though. Something is going to give soon.

I know this is a 2nd amendment sub-forum but i felt compelled to post about this in response to that article.

youngbuck
01-19-2008, 10:00 PM

Ideally, that is exactly what would happen. :mad:

OddballAZ
01-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Um. Not necessarily.

Minor bumps and bruises,sniffles, childhood ailments do not require a doctor or hospital.
This is one of the main problems with our health care system, and why it costs so much.

EXACTLY. You wouldn't believe how many people without any way to pay for a hospital visit, go there for small stupid reasons. Many people will go to the ER because they have a tooth ache. They stubbed their toe. Just absolutely minor things that any normal person would take a few Advil for.

We need to reform the BS laws that allow people to abuse the system in this way. We shouldn't turn down people who need care, but we shouldn't allow these idiots with no way of paying to clog up our ER's and cause the cost of health care to skyrocket due to minor issues that will heal on their own.

Cowlesy
01-21-2008, 02:52 PM
That is just f'd up.

*sigh*

Aceshigh
01-24-2008, 04:03 AM
How viable is World Net Daily as a trustworthy news source???

When you search this article via the WWW you don't find a single
news source we are familiar with such as CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN even
that has this story......

So how do you know it's not just another National Enquirer type of news service???
With another knee jerk story......

For the record.....http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55374
I think that this article should tell you something. ;) Rule #1 , always verify your sources as reliable.
Me, I don't consider them to be anything more then a tabloid internet news source.

American Airlines' Admirals Club has installed software that blocks access to WorldNetDaily.com, the Internet's leading independent news site, for reasons of "hate" and "violence."

It's the second situation regarding a computer block WND has encountered in recent weeks. Earlier, the military provider that makes Internet services available to U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine bases worldwide admitted that WND had been blocked.

pcosmar
01-24-2008, 09:16 AM
How viable is World Net Daily as a trustworthy news source???

When you search this article via the WWW you don't find a single
news source we are familiar with such as CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN even
that has this story......

So how do you know it's not just another National Enquirer type of news service???
With another knee jerk story......

For the record.....http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55374
I think that this article should tell you something. ;) Rule #1 , always verify your sources as reliable.
Me, I don't consider them to be anything more then a tabloid internet news source.
That is fine, I consider you an ignorant newbe.
The MSM has been broadcasting lies and misinformation for years, a FACT that ha been proven time and again, yet they are "reliable"?
What a joke.

Since you think you need an MSM source here you go.
http://cbs4denver.com/local/Tom.Shiflett.All.2.625138.html
Why is it that I have no problem finding multiply articles.
http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/01/08/010908_1a_Home_raided.html
And yet another.
http://www.postindependent.com/article/20080108/VALLEYNEWS/248366321

Any questions?

pcosmar
01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Aceshigh -- Join Date: Jan 2008
New Member -- Posts: 1

Another one post wonder?
I wonder why came here.
Does he have a purpose for this post, Some point to make, or was it only another lame attack?
Will he bother to come back and learn?
I hope so. Ignorance CAN be corrected.

Fields
01-26-2008, 01:32 AM
///