PDA

View Full Version : ACTION ALERT: get RP on "beck"

Roxi
07-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Glenn Beck runs a segment called "beck" on headline news (since most of us have boycotted these MSM channels I haven't seen it) my mom is apparently a big fan and says he's a former drug addict and he reports on his beliefs and not those of CNN and hes had a lot of negative things to say about other candidates but hasn't mentioned RP that she knows of I just sent him this email PLEASE send one to him and ask him to have RP on!!! heres the site to contact him:

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?69

heres the letter i wrote him

My mom is a huge fan of yours and got me into your show. I am writing to you with a plea to reconstitute journalistic integrity into Headline news.
I dont know if you have followed the history of the Congressman Ron Paul campaign for presidency, but his views seem so similar to yours and I thought you were the perfect person to help with the unfair treatment Dr. Paul has been getting from the mainstream media. Ron Paul is rarely mentioned on FOX or CNN and when he is its usually not in the most positive tone. Several prominant newspapers in this country have published numerous positive articles about Ron Paul and the minimalization that goes on in the media. If Ron Paul got a chance to spread his message of liberty, and freedom on the airwaves more often he would be higher in the polls, and more people would be switching to the GOP to vote for him, like I did.
at nearly 30 years old I have never voted in a general election before, and never thought I would until I found Ron Paul. I have now volunteered several hundred hours into getting him elected. Please feature a positive segment of your show to Dr Paul. here are some links of information about him

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Beck is a weener though :/

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 04:01 PM
hmmm, I "think" i heard him say some not so nice things about his foreign policy and he was rather dismissive.. this is the guy with the "freedom concerts" right? BUT, just cuase someone doesn't agree does't mean its not good PR... I am all for it.

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Glenn Beck hates Ron Paul.

Hamburglar
07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Glenn Beck kicks puppies.

MsDoodahs
07-27-2007, 04:21 PM
IIRC, right after the SC debates, that Beck guy was monstrously negative about Dr. Paul. Again IIRC, he spent an entire segment of his show saying the usual rotten things about RP, really a total smear job by beck.

He may have done some research and changed his mind. I don't watch him so I don't know if he's hinted at such or not.

eta: We discussed it here, there may have even been a youtube of the thing.

Roxi
07-27-2007, 04:31 PM
wow .... jay just got home and told me he was a douche....like i said i dont watch him and didn't know he was such an ass...and kicks puppies ;)

well maybe if he gets hundreds of letters hell change his mind?

long shot...but we know how long shots go ;)

shrugged0106
07-27-2007, 04:35 PM
to heck with 'em! spend your energy here instead. It will pay better dividends!

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9354

Mani
07-27-2007, 04:40 PM
On two separate occasions Beck has ripped on RP.

I've talked about this with others. He sounds like Ron Paul at times when he talks about how the founding fathers would be sick if they saw things the way they are. On some topics he has similar stances with RP, but he is the biggest warmonger of all the conservative hosts.

He talks about Islamic terrorism DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY. He loves Guilianni's aggressive stance on the war, and Glenn wants to have a foothold in Iraq so the US can jump all over Iran.

Honestly, no exaggeration, for the last 6 months I think he talks about terrorists and Islam 3-4 times a week for a couple hours in his morning talk show.

Glenn doesn't discuss RP much, but when he does, he's pretty rude.

Ron Paul was also unable to attend his program once, and Glenn has ripped him since then too. Glenn DISLIKES Ron Paul and makes fun of him. There's no point in asking Glenn to bring in Ron Paul.

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Well, I just heard Olbermann saying tonight how terrible Beck was because he recently had someone from the JBS on his show. According to Olbermann, Beck told the JBS guy... I used to think you guys were nuts, now, I'm starting to wonder if you were right all along.

That, along with him having Lou Dobbs on his show and what I heard Beck say about the North American Union, makes me wonder if there might be hope for Beck.

I think the biggest issue he has with Dr. Paul is the war. If he allowed Dr. Paul to get a word out edgewise, Beck might soften up quite a bit.

I say all this, because roxic may be right. Maybe getting Dr. Paul on Beck's show might be a good thing to do.

Akus
07-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Glenn Beck hates Ron Paul.

true

he made some clowns call his show imitating RP supporters making us all think RP supporters are a bunch of 9/11 truthers and other kooks.

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, there are so many flavors of "kooks" so we are bound to scandalize someone I suppose.

paulitics
07-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Its a very simple strategy. Have Ron Paul on to talk about immigration and the plan for a North American Union. Beck loves that subject, and RP is the only politician speaking publicly about it. Than they can both agree on something very important, than maybe discuss other issues. This is a much smarter strategy than butting heads with a chickenhawk.

Is anyone else for this idea?

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 07:50 PM
good idea

Akus
07-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Its a very simple strategy. Have Ron Paul on to talk about immigration and the plan for a North American Union. Beck loves that subject, and RP is the only politician speaking publicly about it. Than they can both agree on something very important, than maybe discuss other issues. This is a much smarter strategy than butting heads with a chickenhawk.

Is anyone else for this idea?

THOSE talking heads wont let Ron Paul have an honest convo. They'll go ahead and turn the topic on the terrorism and twist his words to make it look as if he gloats that people died on 9/11

RJB
07-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Beck is bad news. The day after the May 15th debate, in the morning before Ron ditched the appearance on the TV show, Beck was saying crap like. "Oh wait 'til I interview Paul tonight." He pretty much said he would make Paul look like a fool. Even the tone of voice he used when he said "Paul" was unprofessional.

Beck is not a Journalist. He is a stooge for the Neocons. He would not interview fairly at all. Avoid him like Hannity.

Here's how the interview would go

Glenn: Paul I can't believe that you think our school children deserved to be bombed.

Dr Paul: Mr. Beck, I never said--

Glenn: And saying that...

That may be an exaggeration but not by much...

Syren123
07-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Glenn Beck is basically a neo-con tool, but he doesn't think he is. He does rip Ron Paul and the staged call-in was totally uncool.

If there is to be an appearance, let Glenn Beck come to him. Until then, there are plenty of other things to do.