PDA

View Full Version : Raondom people pulled of street for jury duty

Matt Collins
01-18-2008, 08:45 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=84623

"They roamed the streets of Greeley Wednesday morning with stacks of paper and an eye out for people they could summon to emergency jury duty.

Weld County and District Court staff handed subpoenas to more than 50 unsuspecting people, telling them they had to report for jury duty Wednesday morning because many of those summoned by mail did not show.

Some of the people were just walking around town. Some were at the Post Office"

ItsTime
01-18-2008, 08:46 PM
how about going to the houses of those who did not show? seems pretty simple to me

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-19-2008, 05:44 AM
I hope everyone here has made themselves available for jury duty. You decide the case, and judge the law as well. I've been waiting for years to be chosen for a jury where someone is charged with a victimless crime.

Fully Informed Jury Association - http://www.fija.org

Matt Collins
01-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Jury nullification - heh heh heh

asgardshill
01-19-2008, 06:37 PM
I hope everyone here has made themselves available for jury duty. You decide the case, and judge the law as well.

I've been summoned perhaps 2 dozen times for jury duty but have never been selected to serve.

(Maybe its because of that habit I have of saying, "Hang the guilty bastard" during voir dire ...)

bbachtung
01-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Just show up to court the next day with a FIJA brochure for everyone.

youngbuck
01-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Yea, I've been waiting to get picked for jury duty too. If I can find anything unconstitutional about the law that he's charged with breaking, or if the law has any collectivist aura to it, then he's free to go (assuming it was also victimless).

ChickenHawk
01-26-2008, 05:14 PM
I've been called for jury duty 4 or 5 times. It's the biggest waste of time ever. The whole thing is just a joke and manipulation contest between two lawyers. Initially I looked forward to being called for jury duty but after having gone numerous times and seeing what goes on I have no desire to ever serve again. They will automatically dismiss you from the jury pool if they sense that you are not a sheeple, The only way a none sheeple will serve on a jury is if they lawyers run out of challenges.