PDA

View Full Version : You need to be registered to VOTE in PRIMARIES ---

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Saw this off his myspace.....

If its valid, please keep in mind that you need to be registerd Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries.

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts*, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire*, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island*, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming, all others are Open Primary

RP08
07-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Yep, and in my state (NM), you have to have been registered for a minimum of 28 days prior to voting day. Some states may be longer.

DeadheadForPaul
07-27-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that Tennessee is open primary too unless they changed it in the past 2 years

MGS
07-27-2007, 03:38 PM
West Virginia:

If you are registered with "No Party Affiliation", you may request a Republican ballot. But not a Democratic ballot.

So they are not totally "closed". Though if your registered with another actual party, you will have to change to either no affiliation or change to Republican.

Bradley in DC
07-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Please watch for changes, under RNC by-laws states can change their dates and processes for voting until September 4th, and some states are considering changes. Check with your local Board of Elections or state Secretary of State to be sure (not online complilations).

RP08
07-27-2007, 05:28 PM
It's official. I'm a registered Republican now. How 'bout you?

I just received my voter ID card with the updated information.

rajibo
07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
It's official. I'm a registered Republican now. How 'bout you?

I just received my voter ID card with the updated information.

I received my Republican voter ID card last week. I'm good to go in PA.

goldismoney
07-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm good in NV.

RP08
07-28-2007, 10:08 AM
bump TTT