PDA

View Full Version : precinct capt. question

dave68
01-18-2008, 08:09 PM
I have my list of voters. Is it a list of all voters reguardless of party? I am assuming so. I am in NY and only registered rupublicans can vote. Is there a way to tell party affiliation to speed things up.
Also can u be precinct capt. for more than 1 district?? Thanks everyone.

WilliamC
01-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm pretty sure they are not democrats, although there could be libertarian/constitutionalist voters on there.

As for being more than 1 precinct, well part of the responsibility is to get people to the polling place and physically be at the polling place. Kinda hard to be two places at once.

But, if you are willing and able, then it's likely you will find someone to share the load as you are canvassing. So maybe it's better than having no one at all in a precinct.

nate895
01-18-2008, 08:12 PM
There should be a column identifying them. But I'm not sure living in a state without partisan registration.

Eponym_mi
01-18-2008, 08:13 PM
There should be a column indicating party affiliation. R=Republican D=Democrat I=Independent, L=Libertarian, etc.

Yes, you can sign sign up for more than one precinct. I think more than one person can sign up for a precinct too.

dave68
01-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys!! Placing an add in our local pennysaver magazine monday. For 25 words it`s $40 and reaches 64000 people.
So far in Buffalo NY it is RP signs, and bumper stickers. Lot`s of them. Have not seen a single one for any other candidate. Kind of surprising.

WilliamC
01-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks guys!! Placing an add in our local pennysaver magazine monday. For 25 words it`s $40 and reaches 64000 people.
So far in Buffalo NY it is RP signs, and bumper stickers. Lot`s of them. Have not seen a single one for any other candidate. Kind of surprising.

This is how the rEVOLUtion grows....

Thank you!