PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani, the federalist candidate

smtwngrl
07-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Giuliani's new social platform, borrowed from Ron Paul :p

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-brownstein25jul25,0,3879519.column?coll=la-opinion-rightrail

Dustancostine
07-27-2007, 03:18 PM
I think it is funny that candidates need new platforms in the middle of a race anyways, they either believe something or they donot.

Richie
07-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Just like Romney's borrowed immigration platform. Change is happening!

Wyurm
07-27-2007, 03:23 PM
I think it is funny that candidates need new platforms in the middle of a race anyways, they either believe something or they donot.

I think its obvious that RP is scaring them. After all, if he wasn't a threat, why would they imitate him? Its just creepy to me to see Giuliani called a Federalist candidate, I mean for that to be true, he would have had to invert all his beliefs and leave the CFR. (of course I do know its just bull to get elected)

Patrick Henry
07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
excerpt
"More than any other 2008 presidential hopeful, former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani has grasped that insight."

Oh my! You have got to be kidding me.

Delaware
07-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I hate Guiliani, his positions suck, he's mooching off the tragedy of 9/11, and just looking at his face pisses me off because hes so ugly.

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
I hate Guiliani, his positions suck, he's mooching off the tragedy of 9/11, and just looking at his face pisses me off because hes so ugly.
hehe ;)

Well, there does seem to be a rhetorical shift amongst the chameleons running against Paul.

But, beware the lizards that seek to gain power, because they certainly can change colors so very readily.

Some comfort though, people are waking up. The internet has improved and countered some of the detrimental effects of our American Amnesia.

DjLoTi
07-27-2007, 03:35 PM
The good thing is that these other candidates don't have 20 years experience standing behind issues the way Ron Paul has.

freelance
07-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Okay, that's IT! We need to start an "ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS" campaign!

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Freedom, accept no substitute!

Is he for real?

By their works ye shall know them.

Talk is cheap.

Always stand on principle, even if you stand alone, but watch out for cheap imitators.

Dustancostine
07-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Giuliani is mostly running for the GOP presidential nomination as a warrior against Islamic terrorism

This quote pisses me the F@&K off. When has he ever did anything to fight terrorism, the real warriors are our Heroes oversea not this worthless excuse for flesh.

Federalism serves Giuliani's political interests because it allows him to reconcile his generally moderate social views with his socially conservative party.

Well at least Brownstein told the truth. Guliani is not doing this out of principle but out of "political instrest"

Blah (spits on ground)

--Dustan

Wyurm
07-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Warning: The presidential market has recently been flooded with counterfit Federalists and Constitutionalists! Do not be fooled, only accept Ron Paul, with a 20 year track record to back up his claims.

freelance
07-27-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm serious. This needs to be a new battle cry.
Ron Paul for America. Accept no substitute!

That, or something like it.

1000-points-of-fright
07-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Nor would he "absolutely rule out" federal legislation on assault weapons if the state action he prefers proves insufficient. Disappointing liberals, he says he might eventually support a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage if too many states approved it, especially through the courts.

I get it. He's for states deciding for themselves as long as they're deciding the way he wants. That's not how it works dumbass.

Rudy, regarding Federalism, said "That's an extraordinary statement," adding, "I don't think I've heard that before."

glts
07-27-2007, 04:37 PM

I almost fell off my chair laughing! Those are my thoughts exactly! It doesn't matter what Giuliani tries to do for his campaign he will still have to pay people to vote for him. YUK!

Texan4Life
07-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Okay, that's IT! We need to start an "ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS" campaign!

+1

Johnnybags
07-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Even Ghouliman? Anything to get elected, their campaigns suck and they know it. So its copy the one that actually has a pulse, not just the ole corporate dollar. Ah, but its too late baby,yeah its too late,... A 20 year unwavering record will stand tall. So much for Edwards program of US citizens paying for Africans schools? Next week Edwards will be walking around with a constitution in his hand.

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 04:57 PM
It's the Constitution, Stupid!

hehe

1000-points-of-fright
07-27-2007, 05:30 PM
I just sent this email to the "journalist" who wrote that article.

Dear Mr. Brownstein,

Are you serious? Your assertion that Giuliani has grasped the benefit of states rights more than any other candidate is either ignorant or a deliberate lie. The minimum amount of basic research required of a first year journalism student would quickly reveal that one other candidate has unwaveringly championed states rights for the past three decades. As a "recipient of several journalism awards, including the exceptional merit in media award from the National Women's Political Caucus, the Excellence in Media award from the National Council on Public Polls in 2005, and the journalist of the year award from the Los Angeles Press Club in 2005" and one of the "25 most influential journalists in Washington", I won't insult you by stating the obvious. I'm sure that with the vast resources of the LA Times you'll be able to find out who that candidate is by yourself. Or maybe you can have your assistant do it if you're too busy.

What's more, if your article is to be believed, I seriously doubt that Giuliani even grasps the concept of states rights:

"Nor would he "absolutely rule out" federal legislation on assault weapons if the state action he prefers proves insufficient. Disappointing liberals, he says he might eventually support a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage if too many states approved it, especially through the courts."

So he's for states rights as long as too many of them don't stray from his agenda. The fact that you just let this absurd statement slide causes me to also doubt your own grasp of federalism.

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 05:35 PM

That's some hot shit there!

Great response.

jjschless
07-27-2007, 05:48 PM
HA!

This is great. I hope that more and more candidates imitate Dr. Paul. In the end it will be very easy for the voter to tell the difference between a candidate with a lifetime of "Consistant, Principled Integrity" (-John Stewart) and a candidate with no integrity who's positions change like the wind.

Jive Dadson
07-27-2007, 05:57 PM

Reading assignment: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey look! It's Jive Dadson! /wave

watching your video atm.

jblosser
07-27-2007, 06:03 PM
My favorite was the part where Rudy invented Federalism. He's just so innovative.

As mayor of 9/11, no one has learned better than Rudy that Federalism was and is the only proper response to 9/11. Unless, of course, Federalism provides the wrong response to 9/11, in which case he will not rule out the use of nukes. 9/11 must be protected at all costs, or the global terrorists of 9/11 have already won 9/11.

Jive Dadson
07-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey look! It's Jive Dadson! /wave

watching your video atm.

Wave back. I was not aware that my video was on cash machines. If I had, I would have put on a warning label: "Warning: Rep. Ron Paul has determined that Federal Reserve notes are not backed by specie, and may decline in value without notice."

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Wave back. I was not aware that my video was on cash machines. If I had, I would have put on a warning label: "Warning: Rep. Ron Paul has determined that Federal Reserve notes are not backed by specie, and may decline in value without notice."

LOL ATM I get it! bah