PDA

View Full Version : Radio Spots Tonight in Las Vegas

freelance
01-18-2008, 07:37 PM
I found this over on DailyPaul.com

Radio spots all night on 5 Las Vegas stations tonight
On January 18th, 2008 MichiganJack says:

Prices started at $25 for a 60 sec spot, then dropped to $5 a spot during negotiations yesterday, then an unbelievable $1 per spot when I added the last station today. I kid you not -- one dollar for a 60 sec spot! I've said here for weeks that radio is cheap and fast, but even I had a hard time believing these figures. So I asked my sales rep, "How do you make any money at these rates?" "Daytime costs a lot more," she said -- and since the official campaign is advertising during the day, I didn't bother to ask how much.

Nighttime audiences are smaller, of course, but I figure Las Vegas is a 24 hour town -- so maybe not too small, especially with party-goers arriving from LA on a Friday night. At the least, Ron Paul supporters can tune in to any of these stations and hear a 60 sec spot twice each hour, from 7 tonight til 5 tomorrow morning:

KXNT 940AM Newstalk (big signal reaches far at night; includes Coast to Coast AM)
KLUC 98.5 FM Top 40
KXMB 94.1 FM Adult Contemporary
KKJJ 100.5 FM "Jack" format (plays everything)
KXTE 107.5 FM Alternative Rock

Radio is cheap, fast, and its one-on-one nature is intimate compared to other media. Anyone in states with primaries coming up might want to consider what I did: Supplement the campaign's daytime ads with nighttime spots. Produced spots are available at www.unitedforliberty.com
and mine should be among them soon. (Thanks for that, Dean!)

In small markets a radio campaign with 15 daytime spots running M-F can cost as little as $150, maybe less. More in bigger markets, of course, but still LOTS cheaper than TV per person reached. Individuals and meetups can place radio spots. All that's required is payment up front, filling out forms, and having either a produced spot or a script ready. With those in hand, most stations can get your spots on air the day after they're paid for.

dawnbt
01-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Bump this and put it in Grassroots. There are a lot more people there!

freelance
01-18-2008, 08:10 PM
bump