PDA

View Full Version : $1378 pledged by noon Monday pacific will get this well received ad to 76,000 in CA

linusPAULing
01-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Good news! We received an extension to the original deadline of 5pm Friday pacific.
As of 8:45 am Sunday, we have raised $290 for this ad.

This price quote of $1378 includes COLOR!

The ad will run on February 2, the Saturday before Super-Tuesday. It will be distributed from Walnut Creek south to San Ramon, for those of you familiar with the far east Bay Area. We've already had two ads run in towns nearby, and reserved space for a third. So if we can fund this ad we will have reached a circulation of 124,000 in close proximity.

Please pledge in this thread or pm me if you want to stay anon. Large pledges can be called in directly to the paper on Monday Morning. Or you can donate to a chipin

http://californians4ronpaul.chipin.com/valley-sentinel-ad

I guess you could call small donations into the paper, but I think you see the problem with calling in 100 cc numbers.

A circulation of 76,000 is pretty BIG, in a relatively conservative area near the Bay Area.

I'm working with Jennifer Glassmaker at http://www.valleysentinel.com/ for those of you who want to verify the terms of the ad.

Any takers?

To view this ad in a newspaper, go to the newspaper link in my signature at pull up the January 17 issue. The ad is on page 3.

Or check it out here. (Of course, the date information will be changed near the bottom.) PM me if you want pdf's of the ad without the bottom text.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2298/2196185714_6fe90d4f88.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2400/2199304867_ac8ec8a988.jpg?v=0

Mark
01-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Bump for more descriptive title.

Xenophage
01-18-2008, 07:17 PM
These look like *very* well done ads. Good job!

Kotin
01-18-2008, 07:28 PM
bump, please guys, this is how we win, grassroots!

linusPAULing
01-18-2008, 07:54 PM
bump for Jefferson County, IA

linusPAULing
01-18-2008, 10:09 PM
bump

linusPAULing
01-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Please consider helping us with these ads, and spread the word to anyone who you think might be interested in helping.

Our meetup is making quite the presence. We're painting the town Ron Paul

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1082/photos/

and we have 6,000 slim jims on hand. We hope to eat through a large number of these Sunday. We have placed two ads in the paper and have a third on the way.

The ads discussed in this thread will allow us to spread the word to neighboring communities.

Iwantchange
01-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Make sure you stop buy and bump it every once an awhile... Also send it out to the meetup groups!

linusPAULing
01-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Make sure you stop buy and bump it every once an awhile... Also send it out to the meetup groups!

Joined 3 new meetups today to spread the word :)

linusPAULing
01-19-2008, 09:17 AM
bump

djlindholm
01-19-2008, 10:06 AM
I can't get your chip-in to work. Is there anyway that I can donate through Paypal?

linusPAULing
01-19-2008, 10:58 AM
bump

linusPAULing
01-19-2008, 11:54 AM
bump for the folks who have already contributed

linusPAULing
01-19-2008, 12:27 PM
bump

linusPAULing
01-19-2008, 03:35 PM
bump

linusPAULing
01-19-2008, 05:19 PM
bump

linusPAULing
01-19-2008, 06:37 PM
bump

linusPAULing
01-19-2008, 10:27 PM
bump

me3
01-19-2008, 10:27 PM

Good news! We received an extension to the original deadline of 5pm Friday pacific.
As of 10:30 am Saturday, we have raised $240 for this ad.

This price quote of $1378 includes COLOR!

The ad will run on February 2, the Saturday before Super-Tuesday. It will be distributed from Walnut Creek south to San Ramon, for those of you familiar with the far east Bay Area. We've already had two ads run in towns nearby, and reserved space for a third. So if we can fund this ad we will have reached a circulation of 124,000 in close proximity.

Please pledge in this thread or pm me if you want to stay anon. Large pledges can be called in directly to the paper on Monday Morning. Or you can donate to a chipin

http://californians4ronpaul.chipin.com/valley-sentinel-ad

I guess you could call small donations into the paper, but I think you see the problem with calling in 100 cc numbers.

A circulation of 76,000 is pretty BIG, in a relatively conservative area near the Bay Area.

I'm working with Jennifer Glassmaker at http://www.valleysentinel.com/ for those of you who want to verify the terms of the ad.

Any takers?

To view this ad in a newspaper, go to the newspaper link in my signature at pull up the January 17 issue. The ad is on page 3.

Or check it out here. (Of course, the date information will be changed near the bottom.) PM me if you want pdf's of the ad without the bottom text.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2298/2196185714_6fe90d4f88.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2400/2199304867_ac8ec8a988.jpg?v=0

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 12:54 AM
bump

literatim
01-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Bump.

Cyclone
01-20-2008, 12:57 AM
bump

wd4freedom
01-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Just chipped.

hillertexas
01-20-2008, 01:02 AM
bump

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Just chipped.

Thanks so much! It will be so important to reach 76,000 a few days before the primary.

parke
01-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Awesome. That ad is perfect.

Anyone interested in a peace festival?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1014183#post1014183

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Ok everyone, we have approximately 24 hours to fund this ad.

The price quote for this smaller ad below was $939. Perhaps we can raise enough money run this one instead. Note that I reserved space for the larger ad, and I have NOT verified that they could run the smaller one. I presume they would be able to make a switch, but perhaps they would not.

Pound for pound though, I think the larger ad has a much bigger impact.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2404/2184478648_f1dd669e57.jpg?v=0

itshappening
01-20-2008, 10:08 AM
CA is our best chance of delegates! please help!

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 11:02 AM
bump

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 11:57 AM
bump

Edu
01-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Bump

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 03:05 PM
bump after distributing RP slim jims

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Darn, chipin seems to be down again. Please check into chipin frequently if you wish to donate, or pm me and I can arrange to have you phone in cc information to the paper directly.

Also, spread the word to anyone who might be interested in helping.

I see a number of you contributed today. THANK YOU so much.

I heard more positive feedback from our local newspaper ads today, so that's inspiring.

Jae0
01-20-2008, 03:25 PM
I will spread this around on myspace

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 03:29 PM
I will spread this around on myspace

That would be great. Thanks a lot.

CountryB4Party
01-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Linus,

How much are you short?

I would like to make a suggestion on your messaging regarding ending the Iraq occupation (large ad) and bringing our troops home (small ad). This is a critical two-part message, and we, including RP, are missing the critical second part, which is a strong national defense and defending our borders. Americans are hearing "dramatically reduce the military and leave us vulnerable"; they are not hearing a strong military to defend our country.

-------------------------------

Large ad consideration (these text changes can be quickly made):

In your first quote, you could revise the copy to read: " Ron Paul, 2002"

Delete the Congressional speech part as this is secondary. The fact that he made the statement in 2002 prior to the war is the greater point. This revision gives you space for a revised line under the "Iraq occupation" section.

OR leave the quote copy as is and left (or full) justify the text block. You should gain space.

Suggested additional bullet point:

* Supports a strong national defense and bringing the troops home to defend our ports and borders

Small ad consideration:

Revise the first bullet point: * Will swiftly bring our troops home and maintain a strong military to defend our ports and borders

Another critical emotional trigger point is the fact that Americans are feeling unrepresented and without a voice in government. To hit this trigger, with future ads consider adding:

Advocates returning our representative government to its rightful owners: American citizens

Please let us know how much you are short and how to get a contribution to you since the chipin site is down.

With best regards,
Dena

Opulen
01-20-2008, 04:23 PM
bump!

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Linus,

How much are you short?

I would like to make a suggestion on your messaging regarding ending the Iraq occupation (large ad) and bringing our troops home (small ad). This is a critical two-part message, and we, including RP, are missing the critical second part, which is a strong national defense and defending our borders. Americans are hearing "dramatically reduce the military and leave us vulnerable"; they are not hearing a strong military to defend our country.

Large ad consideration (these text changes can be quickly made):

In your first quote, you could revise the copy to read: " Ron Paul, 2002"

Delete the Congressional speech part as this is secondary. The fact that he made the statement in 2002 prior to the war is the greater point. This revision gives you space for a revised line under the "Iraq occupation" section.

OR leave the quote copy as is and left (or full) justify the text block. You should gain space.

Suggested additional bullet point:

* Supports a strong national defense and bringing the troops home to defend our ports and borders

Small ad consideration:

Revise the first bullet point: * Will swiftly bring our troops home and maintain a strong military to defend our ports and borders

Another critical emotional trigger point is the fact that Americans are feeling unrepresented and without a voice in government. To hit this trigger, with future ads consider adding:

Advocates returning our representative government to its rightful owners: American citizens

Please let us know how much you are short and how to get a contribution to you since the chipin site is down.

With best regards,
Dena

Hi Dena,

This is very good timing actually. I'm working on a third ad that has the same format as the other larger ad. The text so far is as follows. What does everyone think about it?

Quote:
The examples of waste, fraud, and abuse are numerous: Halliburton
charged $45 per case of soda and $100 per 15-pound bag of
laundry. Brand-new $85,000 Halliburton trucks were abandoned or
"torched" if they got a flat tire or experienced minor mechanical
problems. - Rep. Henry A. Waxman, Floor Statement on Waste, Fraud, and
Abuse in Iraq, June 15, 2006

As President, Ron Paul will fix the economy
- end excessive spending overseas to balance budgets and cut taxes
- reign in inflation and restore value to our dollar
- increase transparency into Federal Reserve policy making
- warned government policy would lead to a housing bubble

Ron Paul will protect your freedom
- end unconstitutional domestic surveillance programs
- wants schools accountable to parents, not government bureaucrats
- authored the Health Freedom Protection Act
- against regulating or taxing the internet

Ron Paul will protect America
- wants a strong national defense
- will secure the borders
- is against amnesty
- will enforce existing visa laws

Quote:
However, despite the long-term damage to the economy inflicted by the
government's interference in the housing market, the government's
policies of diverting capital to other uses creates a short-term boom
in housing. Like all artificially-created bubbles, the boom in housing
prices cannot last forever. When housing prices fall, homeowners will
experience difficulty as their equity is wiped out. - Ron Paul, July
16, 2002

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Linus,

With best regards,
Dena

We're still about $1000 short unfortunately. We could run the smaller ad for about $400 less, so perhaps that's an option.

CountryB4Party
01-20-2008, 04:52 PM
We're still about $1000 short unfortunately. We could run the smaller ad for about $400 less, so perhaps that's an option.

You have an approx. one cent cost per reach, which is a solid investment.

I will contribute $100 if you tell me how to get it to you. If you don't make this insertion, just use the money to fund the next.

Do I have anyone else out there who will match?? :D We only need nine. Guys, CA is an important state.

Best regards,
Dena

Linus, do you mind if I submit strategic copy suggestions on the new ad? If you are interested, will you PM your e-mail address to me please? When is your deadline, btw?

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
You have an approx. one cent cost per reach, which is a solid investment.

I will contribute $100 if you tell me how to get it to you. If you don't make this insertion, just use the money to fund the next.

Do I have anyone else out there who will match?? :D We only need nine. Guys, CA is an important state.

Best regards,
Dena

Thanks Dena!!

Linus, do you mind if I submit strategic copy suggestions on the new ad? If you are interested, will you PM your e-mail address to me please? When is your deadline, btw?

That would be great. I'll pm you.

morerocklesstalk
01-20-2008, 05:03 PM
I love the ad. Very straightforward and gets a lot across in a little amount of time.

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 05:11 PM
I love the ad. Very straightforward and gets a lot across in a little amount of time.

Do you like the ad in the picture at the beginning of the thread, or the new text for another ad?

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 05:53 PM
bump

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 06:43 PM
When is your deadline, btw?

The deadline for submitting text for a new ad is tomorrow mid morning. We hope to run two more ads, so content can be spread out over the two weeks.

trey4sports
01-20-2008, 06:49 PM
whoh, hold on a minute. did i miss the part about ending the drug war and states rights regarding medical marijuana, because i didnt see it on the ad on the 3rd page?
please, this issue is very important in cali

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 06:58 PM
whoh, hold on a minute. did i miss the part about ending the drug war and states rights regarding medical marijuana, because i didnt see it on the ad on the 3rd page?
please, this issue is very important in cali

So we've talked about this quite a bit within the meetup. Apparently our demographic out here in the far east bay is a little older and a little more conservative than average. The consensus was that ending the drug war and legalizing medical marijuana won't be as attractive in our town. We have been trying to get folks in the city and the near east bay to run an ad on it, so far without takers. If I could get funding I would take the lead on getting an ad placed.

If anyone has recommendations on papers for running an add on these topics, please let me know.

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Chipin is PISSING ME OFF!! Down for hours today :mad:

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
bump

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Excellent!

Chipin is working again.

nc4rp
01-20-2008, 09:23 PM
bump for liberty!!

linusPAULing
01-20-2008, 10:49 PM
bump

RonPaulFTW08
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
I like the Jan 17th one the most, esp the bullet point about RP advocates hunting down 9/11 terrorists.

Any So Cal ads in work? If not I might donate to this one...

Infamouswoodster
01-22-2008, 10:37 PM
i Chipped in, hope it helps! California needs all the press we can get (from a fellow so-cal'r)

-Jarrod
Corona, Ca

unloud
01-22-2008, 10:49 PM
clump