PDA

View Full Version : If we don't do well in Nevada...

NYgs23
01-18-2008, 04:30 PM
...can we please not have all any crying or gnashing of teeth? Even if we get fourth, fifth, sixth, we must fight on until the end.

dspectre
01-18-2008, 04:31 PM
hear! hear!

Give me liberty
01-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Since i have been hearing the good news for nv i am staying positive.

kaleidoscope eyes
01-18-2008, 04:49 PM
...can we please not have all any crying or gnashing of teeth? Even if we get fourth, fifth, sixth, we must fight on until the end.
I do have my fears, as excitable as some of our fellow forumers are, they may spiral out of control if there's "bad" news.

I am sincerely praying RP does at LEAST 3rd in NV tho.

Peace&Freedom
01-18-2008, 05:16 PM
I heard internet talk show host Jack Blood say today that a not so hot finish in NV/SC is okay, as theses are the last of the 'pre-season' races in the primary year. Delegate counts, not placement, is the main thing that matters from here on out. It looks like no one is likely to get a majority of delegates before the convention. A brokered con, here we come.

Flash
01-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah we'll go on until the end. Lets create an even larger fanbase for the 'Ron Paul' of 2012.

gb13
01-18-2008, 06:08 PM

Agreed... Agreed.

Yom
01-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I agree. In the past week we just hyped up our prospects when we still have just 9% in the polls. Now, we're going to do well, but don't be surprised at 3rd place, and 4th is a possibility, too. I still think we're going to do well, though, and it would be a tremendous boost to our campaign!

freedom-maniac
01-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Sehr Gut! This is the spirit!

arctica2
01-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Oh, good. I thought this was going to be another "If we don't do good in [Primary State] I'm outta here! [cause I'm a loser at heart]" thread.

AlexMerced
01-18-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm in this for life, and if you are too, Join me @ http://libertyia.ning.com

123tim
01-18-2008, 08:45 PM
This is what I have been waiting for......
Seasoned veterans. We're stronger now.

For life.

InLoveWithRon
01-19-2008, 04:09 AM
Me too.. For life

Fields
01-19-2008, 04:28 AM

I'd say you generally get more of that from the people who are on here less and come on more so during peak periods. So posting this is of nearly no use considering most people just stay in the main grassroots section.

CelestialRender
01-19-2008, 04:54 AM
There will be crying and nashing of teeth, but it will all be from people with 10 or less posts. And a few economic girly men.

rmholla
01-19-2008, 04:58 AM
I agree that anyone willing to give up so early really needs to adjust their thinking. Bill Clinton didn't win until like his 6th primary!

I am into this until the very end, even if that means writing Ron Paul in as my choice in Nov.

-

tommy7154
01-19-2008, 07:10 AM
Agreed with everyone else. I believe that anyone willing to "give up" is not only giving up on Ron Paul, but also on our country, our freedom, and our future. To me those are things worth dying for.

HillbillyDan
01-19-2008, 07:48 AM
I'll vote for Dr. Paul in November , even if he's running in the DeadDog Party.

Opulen
01-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Its okay to hope for the best but when its over just get over it and get back to work.

Im hoping for the best always!!

jsgolfman
01-19-2008, 08:27 AM
...then we move on to the next one. I ain't done by a longshot, jack. It's not over. It won't be over till we have sanity in the government.

Jae0
01-19-2008, 08:37 AM
...then we move on to the next one. I ain't done by a longshot, jack. It's not over. It won't be over till we have sanity in the government.

I hope you plan to live a long, long time! :D

Xyrus2
01-19-2008, 09:08 AM
We have less than 20 years to get sanity back into our government. After that, really drastic measures will need to be taken to prevent bankruptcy. In 40 years, the government will only be able to SS, Medicare, and interest on debt. No defense, no infrastructure, not even congressional salaries.

I think a scenario where our government spends our country into oblivion is increasingly likely. Like all problems that aren't affecting us immediately, people won't actually start addressing the problem until it's too late.

I hope logic and reason start factoring into our government and soon. Things aren't going to look so good in a few years otherwise.

~X~

Christopher David
01-19-2008, 09:24 AM
I expect a last-minute surge by Hunter and Keyes. They will take sixth and seventh place; Tancredo will re-enter the race and take eighth with 0.005%. Five minutes before the caucus, the Nevada GOP will alter the rules of mathematics, ensuring that Ron Paul comes in ninth with negative 2%.

Anything better than that, and the fight will go on.

shadowhooch
01-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Remember, even if we don't do well in Nevada, Ron Paul is projected to finish first in YOUR state.

It's true.

itshappening
01-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Remember, Ron Paul is projected to finish first in YOUR state.

It's true.

only by those who want to hurt us

JenaS62
01-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh, good. I thought this was going to be another "If we don't do good in [Primary State] I'm outta here! [cause I'm a loser at heart]" thread.

yeh, like the idiot that started a thread titled "I Quit" 5 minutes into the preliminary results of Michigan. I can't believe how many whiny babies there are.

Joe3113
01-19-2008, 11:50 AM
yeh, like the idiot that started a thread titled "I Quit" 5 minutes into the preliminary results of Michigan. I can't believe how many whiny babies there are.

That was a troll named DaronWestbrooke.

The majority of his posts are just "This campaign sucks. I'm going to the Obama campaign."

He purposely made some posts about the newsletters that were false and then took screenshots and posted them on digg under another name to make us look bad.

Wyurm
01-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I have to go and won't be back till later. I'm just worried that when I get back I'll see a whole bunch of dejected supporters. Now if I can't even log in, I'll be happy since I know that means everyone is overjoyed. However, if we don't get first place in NV, please, understand that it's neither the end of the world nor is it the end of the campaign. It will just mean that it will be very hard work from here on out.

Of course if we win, it doesn't mean we can sit back and relax either.