PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul HQ MUST have 23 million to win

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I posted this on the blimp threads - multiple, as I was watching the blimp try to get 1/4th (200k) of the entire amount the Ron Paul HQ has raised since New Years.

I'm a little bit disgusted. There is no way we will win Super Tuesday unless we raise the funds to advertise nationally. This primary election is being done differently. Almost all the states needed to elect the candidate are having their primaries the exact same day. This means its almost impossible for a candidate to be elected without getting pre-picked by the media, because they can't raise money - win a state, raise money, win a state, etc. They have to raise it all at once or get all that free media exposure, giving the media an extrodinary amount of power this election.

To win this, Ron Paul NEEDS the 23 million that was asked to run national ads.

One person, Trevor, has one of the largest mailing lists for money bombs among supporters, but hasn't made any effort to raise any money for Ron Paul this time, or give it over to someone else. Instead, he's raising money for a blimp, 200k for 1 month, or 1/4th of the ENTIRE amount Ron Paul has raised since New Years.

We need 23 million to win. We Will NOT win without raising money to advertise in all those states for Super Tuesday.

Not to be mean, but to Trevor and everyone else not focusing on priorities, GET YOU HEAD OUT OF YOUR F*#(*#*( BLIMP!

Ron Paul national HQ has only raised 888,000 dollars since New Years. I sure hope you give to the national campaign instead so Ron Paul can be elected.

We need 23 million before Super Tuesday. This election, the primary election may be determined on that date because they changed the rules, and it is going to be virtually impossible to get advertising on all states without the Media giving it to you - ie media choosing candidates will play a primary role unless people come together to contribute to a candidancy. Need 23 million. We will not win if we can't advertise!

We've only raised 888,000 dollars the whole last 2 and a half weeks.

steph3n
01-18-2008, 04:29 PM
I agree blimp needs to go if there is not a big donor that sees it wise to keep it flying(they tend to analyze their investments) then it is not worth it anymore. It got some media attention but not enough IMO

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 04:29 PM
The sad thing is, I think we would have a real good shot of winning this if we raised enough money to advertise. "Super duper" Tuesday is pretty much a crap shoot because there are so many states voting that day. So complete advertising coverage would really work for us.

That isn't going to happen with 888,000 dollars raised since New Years.

jrich4rpaul
01-18-2008, 04:30 PM
I've seen more Ron Paul ads on TV than I have seen blimps.

Just to be clear, I've only seen one Ron Paul ad on TV.

is the blimp cool? Yes. Is it taking funds away from ads? Yes.

Is that bad?

Yes.

Ex Post Facto
01-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Please guys...any action is good action. Each person can give the support they desire to get RP elected. Any action toward the goal is good action.

jrich4rpaul
01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Please guys...any action is good action. Each person can give the support they desire to get RP elected. Any action toward the goal is good action.

It's just that the blimp was originally intended for those already maxed out to the campaign.

Everyone's relying on the 21st to bring us millions. I don't mean to be negative, but it won't. We'll be lucky to have 1 million for the quarter by the end of the 21st.

We've gone so off-track here it's unbelievable.

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 04:36 PM
It's just that the blimp was originally intended for those already maxed out to the campaign.

Everyone's relying on the 21st to bring us millions. I don't mean to be negative, but it won't. We'll be lucky to have 1 million for the quarter by the end of the 21st.

We've gone so off-track here it's unbelievable.

That is what I see too. Keep this thread at the top.

Ron Paul has to have 23 million to advertise nationally or he won't win. Its that simple.

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Ron Paul has to have 23 million to advertise nationally or he won't win.

pacelli
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM
To me the test of the blimp's political advertising effectiveness in gathering votes will be tomorrow. It is essentially a huge traveling billboard. We have 2 primaries on Saturday-- 1 heavily blimped state, 1 non-blimp state. We've already had several non-blimped states with Paul polling anywhere between 6%-10%. With the "millions of dollars of free advertising" that the blimp has gotten since its inception, we should see an enormous jump in the polls in SC.

I agree that the campaign badly needs funds, yesterday. Moneybombs are not the way to go-- if the MLK moneybomb fails, we're going to be in deep trouble.

The "benjamins for paul" moneybomb yesterday was the worst day of fundraising over the past 3 days, pulling in a little more than 20k -- far short of its stated 7 million dollar goal. It was advertised on Ron Paul Revolution Radio, and numerous internet sites. There were 527 pledges, amounting to $52,700. The stat for yesterday was $21,205.07 with 317 donors.

Today's ron paul payday has ~12k. I just don't see the grassroots rallying behind fundraising anymore. This troubles me, for I've been a big supporter of all advertised moneybombs and paydays. I will be at my $2300 max out during monday's moneybomb (which means I will only be able to donate $350).

pacelli
01-18-2008, 04:50 PM
bump

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Ron Paul has to have 23 million to advertise nationally or he won't win!!!!

me3
01-18-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm disappointed in campaign fundraising, and yet the campaign has not been lobbying for funds.

I simply don't trust Kent Snyder enough to push people I know to donate, after $12 million was needed to win in Iowa and New Hampshire, and that clearly did not happen.

The campaign has been the beneficiary of the grassroots fundraising efforts by a lot of very passionate volunteers.

It's time for them to earn their keep.

The lunacy of the campaign blurting out $23 million in one month, then not showing very well in primaries outside of grassroot efforts, bothers me. I've been a fairly quiet supporter of the official campaign, but not anymore. At what point are they (the people we are paying the salaries of) responsible for winning?

This is like our politicians telling us we need to pay more taxes because they can't make do with what we have already given them.

amistybleu
01-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Ron Paul has to have 23 million to advertise nationally or he won't win!!!!

How much money does Ron Paul need to win? :rolleyes:

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm disappointed in campaign fundraising, and yet the campaign has not been lobbying for funds.

I simply don't trust Kent Snyder enough to push people to donate, after $12 million was needed to win in Iowa and New Hampshire, and that clearly did not happen.

The campaign has been the beneficiary of the grassroots fundraising efforts by a lot of very passionate volunteers.

It's time for them to earn their keep.

Good thinking, but what is going on this year won't let that work. IE waiting until they do better and then raise funds. Its all going to be decided by Super Tuesday, and it isn't going to be win a state, raise money, win a state, raise money. Its so totally different that I don't think most people have caught on.

Let me help spell it out for everyone. The way it is being done this year pretty much makes it impossible to win unless the media picks you.

AggieforPaul
01-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Agreed. I really wish Trevor would drop the blimp and focus on promoting MLK bomb.

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 05:04 PM
How much money does Ron Paul need to win? :rolleyes:

He needs at least 23 million because there is no f*** way he can reach anyone in all those states nationally without at least that much.

This is our only chance.

I guarantee there is no way that Ron Paul will win without a national advertising campaign. I'm not sure who the people are that think he can :rolleyes:

me3
01-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Good thinking, but what is going on this year won't let that work. IE waiting until they do better and then raise funds. Its all going to be decided by Super Tuesday, and it isn't going to be win a state, raise money, win a state, raise money. Its so totally different that I don't think most people have caught on.

Let me help spell it out for everyone. The way it is being done this year pretty much makes it impossible to win unless the media picks you.
Well then the campaign should dump in offline donations, and they should be hustling out some direct mail and solicitations by email.

You can only tap the same well so many times, it's not bottomless.

Shellshock1918
01-18-2008, 05:05 PM
I'd like to know where the f*ck the $12 million of the $20 million he had went. Only $8 million in the bank, wtf?

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 05:08 PM
It will all be over by Super Tuesday. It's never been like this, people, you have to wake up, this isn't a normal primary. A candidate can almost get all the delegates they need on super tuesday. It will all be over in 2 wakes. WAKE UP!!!

Super Duper Tuesday[1][2][3][4], Giga Tuesday, Tsunami Tuesday[5], and The Tuesday of Destiny are names for the day on which the largest-ever number of state U.S. presidential primary elections will be held on a single day, February 5, 2008.[6] Twenty-four states are scheduled to hold caucus or primary elections for one or both parties on this date.[7]

The large number of states holding elections on February 5 could shorten, to just a few weeks, the period between the first caucus in Iowa, on January 3, 2008, and the de facto selection of a party's nominee.[1] By way of comparison, by early February in the 2000 election cycle only about 2% of nominating convention delegates had been selected, whereas 2008 will see over 40% of the delegates chosen by early February.[8]

GraspingForPeace
01-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Bump, we need to raise money on the 21st

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 05:13 PM
//

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 05:14 PM

And if Ron Paul does get the 23 million, we may just be able to go home to the America we've all been wanting back again this 2009 if all goes lucky, because this is a *crap* shoot of an election.

dante
01-18-2008, 05:15 PM
+$23,000,000

I'm already maxed or I would donate $2300 in a heartbeat

justinc.1089
01-18-2008, 05:18 PM
To me the test of the blimp's political advertising effectiveness in gathering votes will be tomorrow. It is essentially a huge traveling billboard. We have 2 primaries on Saturday-- 1 heavily blimped state, 1 non-blimp state. We've already had several non-blimped states with Paul polling anywhere between 6%-10%. With the "millions of dollars of free advertising" that the blimp has gotten since its inception, we should see an enormous jump in the polls in SC.

First of all, the blimp has not been in South Carolina that much really.

Secondly, if it had been here a lot, it would have been much better to use the time in Florida because Paul is going to do bad here as much as I hate to say it. I along with others have worked very hard to try to change that but its just not happening in South Carolina. Everyone wants to go kick terrorist butt all across the world.

The blimp has been spending tons of time in Florida I think, which is probably good because not only is it a better state for Paul than SC, but its way more densely populated than SC as well. SC is very spread out generally but Florida has lots of people in the same areas.

I think the blimp is well worth the money though. Everyone in the area looks at it. I mean you can't miss it, it just grabs your attention. Its probably caused UFO reports lol!:eek: I hope it hasn't scared Kucinich lol......

I do agree its time for it to end though since our fundraising is doing so poorly. I mean we have to cut our losses and keep fighting the best we can, and that means fundraising is our first priority, not the blimp.

affa
01-18-2008, 05:18 PM
if i was rich, i'd max out. as it is, i'm going to try to scrape up $100 (slightly more than last time, which was slightly more than the time before that... though i also contributed a bit after NH to show support). it's a shame a lot of our richer members have already maxed out... it may make it hard to top our previous record.

raiha
01-18-2008, 05:20 PM
People will wait before they see what way the wind blows tomorrow. Also the talk of recession is influencing purse-strings.

wgadget
01-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Take your money out of your stock and savings accounts and donate to the campaign, because it's not ever gonna be worth more than it is this very second.

(inflation tax)

Phunbaba
01-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Just got a check in the mail for $2500.20 from 2 years ago for the amount my insurance over-charged me for the birth of my son.

I will be maxing out on the 21st!

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Just got a check in the mail for $2500.20 from 2 years ago for the amount my insurance over-charged me for the birth of my son.

I will be maxing out on the 21st!

Lol, this is great news!!! :)

Carole
01-18-2008, 05:31 PM
We have known this for three weeks.

Since Super Tuesday is nearly upon us and we will get NO MEDIA COVERAGE, we need to just DO it. NOW.

I am fed up with people over discussing it. There is barely enough time to get the ads aired and benefit from them. Either we do it now or we roll up the campaign and put it to bed.

Please either donate or do not donate. Success depends on each of us. How much is your future worth? Your kids future? Do you want freedom for them or not?

Understand this please. There is simply no time left for waiting for results and procrastinating. This is beginning to remind me of our own government. Dysfunctional! Now you can see how Congress gets nothing accomplished.

Don't forget several of these candidates are nearly BROKE!!! We can outlast them if we just want to and if we stop discussing it like some useless committee. Action is required. Make up your minds what you really want. Please stop the whining. :eek:

I just want freedom for my children and grandchildren.

"My Kingdom! My Kingdom for a horse!"

Thanks! :)

rexsolomon
01-18-2008, 05:31 PM
And so goes the observation that some who are out there to make money off Dr. Paul's popularity.

Not really to support Ron Paul's candidacy.

Free market is fine, IF you are not running against well-funded opponents.

'I told you so.' - just doesn't cut it.

We need people to recognize Dr. Paul and know enough about him to affect their votes.

We don't need people to recognize Trevor Lyman and treat him like some sort of rock star.

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 05:40 PM

And if Ron Paul does get the 23 million, we may just be able to go home to the America we've all been wanting back again this 2009 if all goes lucky, if we don't fall asleep at the last instant!!!

Fall asleep right before we reach it???!!!!!! Don't let it happen!!!!!!!!!!

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 05:49 PM

pacelli
01-18-2008, 05:50 PM

Menthol Patch?

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Menthol Patch?

I wish we had him posting.. we're falling asleep right before we reach our destination!

raystone
01-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Remember when HQ needed $12 million to win Iowa and New Hampshire !!!!????

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 05:56 PM
There is no way we can win on "super duper tuesday" without national advertising. It just isn't possible. This primary election is completely different than previous ones, and gives the media an enormous amount of control.

Wake up, this isn't a normal primary season. It will be over in two weeks. Wake up!

jarofclay
01-18-2008, 05:57 PM
what is with all the bold text today? I totally ignore any statements made in bold large text. fyi. And stop insinuating that people are asleep. I can assure you that most of the people who are here are here because they are very awake. Its just rude.

dante
01-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Remember when HQ needed $12 million to win Iowa and New Hampshire !!!!????

Every campaign tells their supporters they want to win... this is a stupid line of logic that people throw up ... RP didn't win IA and NH and we gave him his $12 million so lets all go home and quit now.

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 06:00 PM
what is with all the bold text today? I totally ignore any statements made in bold large text. fyi. And stop insinuating that people are asleep. I can assure you that most of the people who are here and here because they are very awake. Its just rude.

I'm not insinuating anything. The people on here have raised 888,000 for the national campaign since New Years, and don't even realize it.

They've raised 1/4th of the same amount for a blimp. THAT IS ASLEEP

Wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This can not be won without a national advertising campaign.

Phunbaba
01-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Is there any estimation of what 1/21 is thought to bring in?

pacelli
01-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Is there any estimation of what 1/21 is thought to bring in?

There have been 9,562 pledges for $10 at freeatlast2008.com. This amounts to $95,620. If each pledge donated $100, we'd net $956,200.

Arguments have been made that more people prefer to not pledge for fear of spam email.

Total views of the freeatlast2008 site = 71,756 views. If each of these views donated $10 each, we'd net $717,560. If each view donated $100, we'd net $7,175,600. I'm not sure if the displayed views include repeat visitors or not, so I'm making an assumption that $7 million is over-shooting. I seriously hope that I am proved wrong.

Although I pledged $10, personally I will be hitting $2300 max-out by contributing my final $350 on that day.

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 06:13 PM
95,000 won't bring in any more national ads then 888,000. This primary season is completely different, the primary election will be over in two weeks.

Ron Paul Needs 23 million to advertise nationally so he can win.

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 06:19 PM

Truth Warrior
01-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Where is the overwhelming evidence that $23 million will produce ANY wins? The new money was supposed to come in from new supporters generated, from and by previous primary WINS.

RickyJ
01-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Might as well make it 230 million. He's going to need it for the whole campaign until November when he beats Hillary. 23 million is pocket change, we need to get serious about this.

Sey.Naci
01-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Might as well make it 230 million. He's going to need it for the whole campaign until November when he beats Hillary. 23 million is pocket change, we need to get serious about this.Very true. It amazes me that some people here think the $20M from the last quarter is a substantial amount; and/or cannot fathom how damn expensive running a NATIONAL campaign is.

westmich4paul
01-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Ok gonna get this out so it is perfectly clear. Nobody wants to see Ron in the Whitehouse as badly as me. But I want to know why they need 23 million? They had 25 million and what did they do with that? Certainly did not spend it in MI, and from what I am hearing definately haven't bombed the t.v. airwaves anywhere. We had some radio in MI, but they did in N.H. too and they had extra fundraising for that. Soo add another 200-250 thousand to the 25 million. In West MI WE BOUGHT THE MAJORITY of our lit, signs, bumper stickers, buttons, dvd's, billboards. The campaign finally got us some much needed signs and lit about a week before the primary but no campaign office like they have had in S.C for monthes, N.H. for monthes, Iowa for monthes yet Dr. Paul got his best results right here in the state that his campaign scorned. He could have gave Romney a run for his money if he would have just came here.

That is why Huckabee placed third. If you only saw the grassroots efforts here you would be amazed. More Ron Paul signs than any other candidate. I wish the campaign would be transparent as to how they are spending this money because I think there is alot of waste going on. Huckabee doesn't have nowhere near 25 mill but he had commercials here, he made apperances here, same with McCain.

I want to give and I want to give badly but not if I do not know where this money is being spent. Love you Dr. Paul but your camapign staff leaves much to be desired.

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Very true. It amazes me that some people here think the $20M from the last quarter is a substantial amount; and/or cannot fathom how damn expensive running a NATIONAL campaign is.

I was amazed when people though 350k was a lot. It works in reverse too, they underestimate how much we can do together. That much money is a lot for one person, but not for thousands of people.

1 thousand people maxing out is 2.3 million to put it in perspective.

westmich4paul
01-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Very true. It amazes me that some people here think the $20M from the last quarter is a substantial amount; and/or cannot fathom how damn expensive running a NATIONAL campaign is.

Now you make it sound like you know so explain it to me because I do not. How does Huckabee, McCAIN, have T.V. ads running in MI, make campaign appearances across the state, radio ads, and signs with their measley donations but Paul a few Radio and some last minute signs and lit. You have to question this.

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 06:54 PM
We have known this for three weeks.

Since Super Tuesday is nearly upon us and we will get NO MEDIA COVERAGE, we need to just DO it. NOW.

I am fed up with people over discussing it. There is barely enough time to get the ads aired and benefit from them. Either we do it now or we roll up the campaign and put it to bed.

Please either donate or do not donate. Success depends on each of us. How much is your future worth? Your kids future? Do you want freedom for them or not?

Understand this please. There is simply no time left for waiting for results and procrastinating. This is beginning to remind me of our own government. Dysfunctional! Now you can see how Congress gets nothing accomplished.

Don't forget several of these candidates are nearly BROKE!!! We can outlast them if we just want to and if we stop discussing it like some useless committee. Action is required. Make up your minds what you really want. Please stop the whining. :eek:

I just want freedom for my children and grandchildren.

"My Kingdom! My Kingdom for a horse!"

Thanks! :)

Hear hear

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 07:12 PM
//

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 07:25 PM
There is no way we can win on "super duper tuesday" without national advertising. It just isn't possible. This primary election is completely different than previous ones, and gives the media an enormous amount of control.

Wake up, this isn't a normal primary season. It will be over in two weeks. Wake up!

crink
01-18-2008, 07:50 PM
If 10,000 people max out, then we reach our goal.

Thomas Paine
01-18-2008, 07:56 PM
If Ron Paul wants $23 Million, then he has to win Nevada tomorrow. Even General Washington knew that he had to win a Trenton or Princeton in order to gain the additional money and allies that led to victory at Yorktown.

Lou337
01-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Remember how we had the 12 million to win bar on the official site? Well,

why don't we put up a $23 million to win bar!!!!!!!!

I DONATED ABOUT 3 OR 4 TIMES JUST TO WATCH THAT THING GO UP.

BRING IT BACK! Please? :) I think it would help. A lot of people donated just to watch it go up and have their name up for that brief 2 seconds.

crink
01-18-2008, 07:59 PM
If Ron Paul wants $23 Million, then he has to win Nevada tomorrow. Even General Washington knew that he had to win a Trenton or Princeton in order to gain the additional money and allies that led to victory at Yorktown.

That's one of the best comparisons ever!

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 08:09 PM

Interesting that you said this right after its been found out that they're going to bus people into Nevada and allow anyone to vote on their own word "if they say their registered in Nevada".

Nevada has already been sold.

gerryb
01-18-2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=996994#post996994

Anyone think this is a good idea?

ronpauleddy
01-18-2008, 08:15 PM
This Mlk Bomb Will Be Our Last Big Push!!!
Please Everyone That Can Max Out...please Do!!
This Is For A Big Super Tuesday Run!!!
Interview With Jesse Benton(his Press Secretary) Says They Are Spending The Money Wisely But It Is Expensive To Beat These Fuckers!!!
Ron Paul Is Great With Money So I Trust Him With Mine!!!
Lets Just Donate And Allow Him To Do His Thing!!!
Go Go Go Go Go!!!!!!

LibertyEagle
01-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Bump

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 11:22 PM
//

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 11:36 PM

Soccrmastr
01-18-2008, 11:38 PM
I ABSOLUTELY agree!

People need to focus on whats needed. Mainly precinct leaders and campaign donations.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-18-2008, 11:40 PM
How can he get 23 million? I don't think that's possible. If everyone cared they would take the little bit of money they have left and start advertising Ron in their local paper. It's much cheaper. Then they should canvas. That's it. That's all you can do.

Kotin
01-18-2008, 11:57 PM
bump,

we need to get paul that money!

Roadrcr
01-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Give your money NOW while its still worth something .. I know you are broke we all are .. But if that few hundred that you are hanging onto are meaningless is suddenly worthless then whats the point .. Give America back to the people.

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 10:21 AM
How can he get 23 million? I don't think that's possible. If everyone cared they would take the little bit of money they have left and start advertising Ron in their local paper. It's much cheaper. Then they should canvas. That's it. That's all you can do.

This can't work. People will only vote for an "electable" candidate, and to them that means ads.

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Give your money NOW while its still worth something .. I know you are broke we all are .. But if that few hundred that you are hanging onto are meaningless is suddenly worthless then whats the point .. Give America back to the people.

With most of the delegates being chosen in one day, there is no front runner, its just going to come down to ads and publicity.

23 Million can give us a chance to win this. If you don't want to donate right at the moment it can actually make a difference, not sure why you came all this way in the first place.