PDA

View Full Version : New Strategy for Ron Paul.

Lord Xar
01-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Well, the big MSM program shows are ignoring Ron... So, Ron needs to do what many hear have suggested on a local newspaper strategy.

Ron needs to get on and set up 10 radio show or more a day. Call in. These shows can be local to a city and should reach elderly, minority and other.

These local radio shows that have a few affiliates would clamour to have Ron Paul on their shows.

You set up a full plate everyday... 10 a day or so.. This way he hits the locals on a "local" level, more personal.

wgadget
01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Good idea. You're right, though. I am sick to death of hearing Fred Thompson, Rudy, and Mitt. They really pour it on thick the day before the primary, don't they?

stevedasbach
01-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Radio won't do it. Harry Browne did wall-to-wall radio in his campaigns -- got less than 0.5%.

Want to see things change? Run national ads on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News. It's a lot harder to ignore a candidate whose ads are running several times every hour.

You have to convince people that Ron Paul can win. Like it or not, if a presidential candidate isn't on TV, people assume he can't win.

Fields
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM
It would be funny if he ran advertisements on all the big networks and we all emailed and called as if we were just normal views and ask things along the line of "I keep seeing commercials for this guy Ron Paul running for president. How come he's not in your news coverage of the election. Is he really running?"

BTW I don't know about the Harry Browne comment from the other user, but I sure thing it sounds like a great idea. Even just a few a day during flights or when he has down time.

MN Patriot
01-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Radio won't do it. Harry Browne did wall-to-wall radio in his campaigns -- got less than 0.5%.

Want to see things change? Run national ads on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News. It's a lot harder to ignore a candidate whose ads are running several times every hour.

You have to convince people that Ron Paul can win. Like it or not, if a presidential candidate isn't on TV, people assume he can't win.

Harry Browne was a night owl, he was on Art Bell many times. Slept till noon. So there weren't that many people who heard him during the day. Radio might work better for local candidates, pretty tough to get on Rush or Hannity.

Yes, TV ads for a national campaign are absolutely needed. I hope Ron has enough money to run a weeks worth of ads before Super Tuesday. Tough hard hitting ads that smack everyone else right between the eyes.

AlexMerced
01-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Anytypme of NEW effort from the campiagn would at least re-energize the grassroots to ramp up it's efforts

nate895
01-18-2008, 05:47 PM
pretty tough to get on Rush or Hannity.

Get on SAVAGE, even though we may disagree w/ him on the war, he has an open invitation to ALL GOP candidates.

bucfish
01-18-2008, 05:53 PM
All the more reason to donate to the campaign on Monday. Cause to do that HQ needs money. Let's Make History once again on January 21st Do not be afraid to go all in if you can.

Free McKilt
01-18-2008, 06:12 PM
I completely agree. I think newspaper is often overlooked. But a concerted newspaper strategy can be more effective/$ than TV ads.

I think the best type of ad is a 1/4 page with a number of endorsers from the community. The higher profile the better, but the more the merrier. This is a good time to emulate how state legislature and local candidates run, because our campaign is relying on exactly those types of campaign strategies. Local candidates always use lots of newspaper and radio.