:D

Go, faithful Ron Paulites!

http://weather.msn.com/region.aspx?wealocations=South%20Carolina

WilliamC
01-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Ex Post Facto
People that believe in thier candidate will show. Passion will win this election for us.

wgadget
I hope they have snowshoes.

MRoCkEd
01-18-2008, 04:24 PM
force your friends to go vote for ron and promise them you will shovel their driveway and make them hot cocoa

wgadget
01-18-2008, 04:26 PM
If you click on tomorrow's weather, you'll see that at least Greenville and Charlotte will be getting a couple of inches of snow tonight.

Yahoo!

deedles
01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Isn't the blimp in SC right now? Snow+Blimp=not good

Pete Kay
01-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah I live in Charlotte and we should be getting 3 inches. It will be only hitting northern South Carolina up in the piedmont so I'm not sure how much it will affect South Carolina.

We just had a few inches on Thursday and all the government offices and schools were shut down. We don't cope well with snow down here. It may be enough to sway the votes in Ron Paul's favor. Maybe he can come in third in SC.

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/map_qpf_36hrfcst_4namus_enus_600x405.jpg

rollingpig
01-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Yes!!!!!

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 04:43 PM
This only works if you have a GOTV.

Its already been proven that mere enthusasism does not make everything different and you still need GOTV, so we can discard this.

I believe our GOTV can be better then other candidates, that is the power of the Ron Paul message. But the idea that GOTV is no longer necessary is not true, and already been proven so.

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Do we have a GOTV in place for all of S Carolina? That is the only thing that will make me happy. If we have that, a snowstorm might help, but if we do not, it makes no difference at all.

jlizgar
01-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Do we have a GOTV in place for all of S Carolina? That is the only thing that will make me happy. If we have that, a snowstorm might help, but if we do not, it makes no difference at all.

I agree, the only thing that matters (snow or no snow) is GETTING OUT THE VOTE!
I sure hope it goes well...we need a good finish, 3rd or better!

Liz :)

hummtide
01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
And Southern Alabama! 2 to 6 inches possible!

IM GIDDY!!!

InLoveWithRon
01-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Great ! Storm on the 19th ! Bombs on the 21st ! And a gun salute to Thompson as he will be bidding out.. LOL

Pete Kay
01-18-2008, 04:51 PM
This only works if you have a GOTV.

Its already been proven that mere enthusasism does not make everything different and you still need GOTV, so we can discard this.

I believe our GOTV can be better then other candidates, that is the power of the Ron Paul message. But the idea that GOTV is no longer necessary is not true, and already been proven so.

Good point. Ron Paul does have multiple offices in South Carolina, so I hope he calls them tommorow and reminds them to make an effort to get the supporters out there, especially now that the enthusiam has lost some steam.

wgadget
01-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Any chance that they will close the polling places?

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 04:52 PM
You guys call 2-3" a snowstorm??? Geez, Louise! :D

JM

wgadget
01-18-2008, 04:56 PM
It's almost a miracle in the South.

We had a couple of inches in ATL a couple of days ago and everyone was giddy.

Pete Kay
01-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Any chance that they will close the polling places?

That is a worry. Like I said, on Thursday we got a few inches and everything shut down and there wasn't even any ice on the roads. Since the polls are government run, then it's a possibilty that they will close down.

GregVernon
01-18-2008, 05:02 PM
With snow it doesn't matter how much you get, but really when it comes. I've dealt with enough snow without snow days in New York to realize this.

Rather than just getting a whole ton of snow in the middle of the night we need to hope for snow in the night and even more snow throughout the day, that will keep many people inside and away from the polls.

torchbearer
01-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Great ! Storm on the 19th ! Bombs on the 21st ! And a gun salute to Thompson as he will be bidding out.. LOL

You forgot a victory in Louisiana on the 22nd. people don't realize we have 44 delegates up for grabs in a poorly attended caucus state that no one talks about.

wgadget
01-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Go, Louisiana!

wgadget
01-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Check out tomorrow's Weather Advisories for tomorrow (day):

Lower part, everything with an exclamation point!!

Pete Kay
01-18-2008, 05:14 PM
You forgot a victory in Louisiana on the 22nd. people don't realize we have 44 delegates up for grabs in a poorly attended caucus state that no one talks about.

There's a caucus in Louisiana? Hell yeah! We got that won.

jahazii
01-18-2008, 05:40 PM

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh wait for it;)

torchbearer
01-18-2008, 05:50 PM
^^^

pacelli
01-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Today, weather-modification is the alteration of weather phenomena over a limited area for a limited period of time.

Within the next three decades, the concept of weather-modification could expand to include the ability to shape weather patterns by influencing their determining factors.

The study points out that this precipitation enhancement technology would
work best “upwind from coastlines with onshore flow.” Lake-effect snow along the southern edge of the Great Lakes is a naturally occurring phenomenon based on similar dynamics.

http://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf

wgadget
01-18-2008, 06:00 PM
HuH?

Today I was thinking that just about the only reason I have to listen to conservative talk radio is for the weather and traffic reports....sigh.

justinc.1089
01-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Uh I hate to dash everyone's hopes but it only snows in SC where I am, and most of the state, like once every 10 YEARS. Seriously.

So if it does snow it will probably only be like the very least little part of SC in the northern area of the state, and not affect the vote.

Although if it does snow, or just get icy, everyone will panic and go crazy and shut everything down in fear of one piece of ice on the road lol. I could only imagine the SC government stuff running a state like New York for awhile, it would be pure chaos lol. They would like declare martial law the first day from the snow or something lol.

Anytime it gets icy or snows literally like only half an inch down here everything is always basically like "Look! A piece of ice! What do we do!?! We can't handle this!!!:eek: Shut everything down now!!!"

I hope it snows though since it never snows here lol.

wgadget
01-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Did you look at the weather map? It's even supposed to snow in Atlanta tomorrow. Again.

justinc.1089
01-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Did you look at the weather map? It's even supposed to snow in Atlanta tomorrow. Again.

Again? We didn't even get snow around Myrtle Beach, and Atlanta got snow?:confused:

Shink
01-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Good news!

:D

Go, faithful Ron Paulites!

Hilarious! Considering NORTH Carolina practically shuts down and panics after minor snow (at least in and around Fort Bragg), I can only imagine the frightened public's response to some snow around primary day!

I hope you Ron Paul SC folk are feeling up to the task.:cool:

wgadget
01-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Again? We didn't even get snow around Myrtle Beach, and Atlanta got snow?:confused:

Thursday night it started snowing at 4:30 and didn't stop till about 8:30 or so. We had about 2 inches of snow on the ground, I'd guess. For a while it sleeted, too.

wgadget
01-18-2008, 06:25 PM

Sowwy. :D

On my way to work, I saw lots of yards with small round white monuments of snow in the front yards. Of course, the rest of the yard is all green, but you can definitely tell where the kids live.

Pete Kay
01-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Thursday night it started snowing at 4:30 and didn't stop till about 8:30 or so. We had about 2 inches of snow on the ground, I'd guess. For a while it sleeted, too.

It hit us early Thursday morning. It was about 2 inches as well. It didn't last long because the rain came right afterwards and washed most of it away. It shut the city down. That same storm must've went down your way after it passed us.

wgadget
01-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Another one is coming from Alabama. Get ready.

RonRules
01-18-2008, 06:29 PM
That's EXACTLY what's needed. NH was lost mostly due to the absolutely perfect weather.

Has there ever been a BLIZZARD in SC? I want one.

wgadget
01-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Two inches of snow will have the same effect as a blizzard in SC.

torchbearer
01-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Two inches of snow will have the same effect as a blizzard in SC.

That goes for any southern state...
snow flakes start falling... or even freezing rain and all the schools shut down.

Shink
01-18-2008, 07:42 PM
That goes for any southern state...
snow flakes start falling... or even freezing rain and all the schools shut down.

Must piss off homeschooled southerners.:D

kirkblitz
01-18-2008, 07:50 PM
it hasnt snowed where i live in horry county in like 10 years. Why the hell can it snow in baghdad but not in conway :(

devil21
01-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know how I can volunteer to drive voters to the polls in SC? I have an all-wheel drive SUV with 3 rows of seats that would come in handy in the snow.

PM me if you know who to contact to get involved.

EDIT: tracked down the email address of the organizer in a SC thread.

gang
01-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I can only imagine the frightened public's response to some snow around primary day!

Rudy will declare state of war.
That's gotta be done by those terrists. :D

Shink
01-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Rudy will declare state of war.
That's gotta be done by those terrists. :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Weather iz trrrrrrsm!:D

Can't wait to get tazed here in Iowa because you guys in SC got a smidge of snow, lol. Martial law FTW