PDA

View Full Version : I received a cool phone call.

noiseordinance
01-18-2008, 04:15 PM
So I'm here at work and an unlisted phone number calls my cell phone and the lady says she's from MGS (or something like that, I couldn't quite understand) in Washington and she asked if I'm pro-life or pro-choice and I said pro-life. Anyways, she starts explaining this pro abortion bill that's being introduced and wanted donation money to help block the bill. I said, "well I'd love to but I'm saving my money for Ron Paul." She told me that I was probably the 20th person that has said that today, and that tons of people tell her that.

Kinda neat!

risiusj
01-18-2008, 04:15 PM
I had the same phone call last night.

UtahApocalypse
01-18-2008, 04:17 PM
I think I had that call about 3 months ago. Same thing happened then LOL

mannycp
01-18-2008, 04:19 PM
same thing happened to be about 1 monthh ago. I also told her about Ron Paul.

billjarrett
01-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I had a similar phone call, but didn't get to the fund raising part. May have been a different organization.

They called up and asked if I had time for three survey questions, and I said sure.

For the first question, she went on and on for 2-3 minutes.. "Currently, the laws of Illinois protect a womans choice to do what they want with their bodies"... etc... basically feeding me the answer she wanted.. the question ended up being "There is currently a push in Illinois to take this freedom away from women by changing the law. Do you think the law should be changed or should it stay the same?"

I said "Should be changed"

She said "Ok, thank you, bye" and hung up... Dunno why she didn't want to ask me question 2 and 3 :(

Carole
01-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I received the same type call today also. I did not let him get past the the first sentence. Just told him I am pro-life, but pro-state's rights. Repeal Roe v Wade and leave the matter to the states.

Carole
01-18-2008, 04:30 PM
First call I have had from any group in months and months. Wonder what list they are using.