RP 247
01-18-2008, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzZjpbpm06k

itsnobody
01-18-2008, 03:47 PM
thanks

sharpsteve2003
01-18-2008, 03:47 PM
wow that was fast. but it says unavailable right now maybe it needs time to show up.

yongrel
01-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Those were some ass-awful questions.

Trevor did well though.

RP 247
01-18-2008, 03:49 PM
wow that was fast. but it says unavailable right now maybe it needs time to show up. sorry Youtube does that sometimes.

it did work when I posted the link.

amy31416
01-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Still "Unavailable" for me.

Bilgefisher
01-18-2008, 03:52 PM
working now

Mauiboy86
01-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Reporter was a jackass!

Rebel Resource
01-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Why he chose to explain the revolution logo rather than the revolution itself....i bet he's kicking himself

Bilgefisher
01-18-2008, 03:56 PM
btw...that was 2mins 50 seconds of pure Ron Paul advertising. Its more then paid for itself with all the free press. Keep the blimp flying.

itsnobody
01-18-2008, 03:58 PM
he said Ron Paul was scary

Edu
01-18-2008, 03:58 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

Needs to keep flying! Help out!

Mckarnin
01-18-2008, 04:01 PM

Yay! Thanks.

Cyclone
01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
btw...that was 2mins 50 seconds of pure Ron Paul advertising. Its more then paid for itself with all the free press. Keep the blimp flying.

That was two minutes fifty seconds of Ron Paul supporters are idiots and they are morons for flying a blimp!

That was crap piece, it hurt more than it helped and we should all know by now that the media is ALWAYS out to get us.

Trevor would have done much better as soon as the guy called supporting Ron Paul crazy and scary, to have just taken off his mike, said I am not going to be your monkey while you use propaganda to make Ron Paul look bad. He is the only man in the country against the war and he is the only man who has actual solutions to our financial crisis. If you want to make people who care about that look foolish, do it by yourself. and then walked right off the set. This was live, so what could they do about it?

Instead, he was harangued by that monster and made to look stupid for coming up with the (reporter shakes head and says "What will they think of next?") blimp idea.

There was no way Trevor was coming out of that with the campaign looking good. They set him up and knocked him down like a bowling pin.

RP4Pres2008
01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
I seriously love Trevor...what a patriot!

itshappening
01-18-2008, 04:07 PM
it was only a short segment so i think it was right trevor didnt get too heavy and was just smiling and laughing, it was fine!

Rebel Resource
01-18-2008, 04:09 PM

It's just a shame the blimp coverage comes with zero campaigning/message. Even when our own guy is being interviewed. Jeez.....

Mckarnin
01-18-2008, 04:10 PM
That was two minutes fifty seconds of Ron Paul supporters are idiots and they are morons for flying a blimp!

That was crap piece, it hurt more than it helped and we should all know by now that the media is ALWAYS out to get us.

Trevor would have done much better as soon as the guy called supporting Ron Paul crazy and scary, to have just taken off his mike, said I am not going to be your monkey while you use propaganda to make Ron Paul look bad. He is the only man in the country against the war and he is the only man who has actual solutions to our financial crisis. If you want to make people who care about that look foolish, do it by yourself. and then walked right off the set. This was live, so what could they do about it?

Instead, he was harangued by that monster and made to look stupid for coming up with the (reporter shakes head and says "What will they think of next?") blimp idea.

There was no way Trevor was coming out of that with the campaign looking good. They set him up and knocked him down like a bowling pin.

Trevor came across as a composed professional which is exactly what we want people to think of us. :-)

crazyfacedjenkins
01-18-2008, 04:11 PM

I hear you, but Trevor was dispelling that image just by being so polite. He made Ron Paul supporters look like decent respectable people. He did very good.

Mckarnin
It's just a shame the blimp coverage comes with zero campaigning/message. Even when our own guy is being interviewed. Jeez.....

If I weren't a Ron Paul supporter my first question would be: What kind of guy is this that his supporters put up a blimp for him? That is a good start towards looking into Ron Paul.

JimInNY
blimp

Rebel Resource
01-18-2008, 04:14 PM
If I weren't a Ron Paul supporter my first question would be: What kind of guy is this that his supporters put up a blimp for him? That is a good start towards looking into Ron Paul.

Then, assuming you don't know much about the internet, where do you go to look him up?

xerigen
01-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Be easy on Trevor, guys. He did a good job. We don't know what was said behind the scenes, and we don't know what limitations were put on him, if any. This was Trevor's first nationally televised live appearance (if I remember correctly?) and he had to be a bit nervous. He did well and explained just how passionate the Ron Paul supporters are.

Think about it. People will be like "Wow, Ron Paul? Who is this guy? Why are his supporters passionate enough to purchase a blimp for $400,000 a month?" And then look him up. Stop being so pessimistic. If you don't like the blimp, fine, but stop bickering about it when it's obviously doing good. As my mom used to say "If you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all." Sheesh.

xerigen
01-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Then, assuming you don't know much about the internet, where do you go to look him up?

75% of Americans have internet access. Don't assume everyone is stupid. This is a technological world now, and a lot of people know how to use it. Where should they look it up? Rely on the GRASSROOTS! Think of how many people will see the blimp, be intrigued, and then have a canvasser knock on their door.

Mckarnin
01-18-2008, 04:18 PM

Wow! I know who to ask when I want something YouTubed now...thanks!

K

Mckarnin
01-18-2008, 04:21 PM

I would probably ask people about him. I have had lots of people see the Ron Paul button I wear on my purse at all times and ask who he is. Many people hear about him in passing from friends or family but are afraid to start on politics with them so they remember the name and try to get info. later. I should get a button that says "Ask me who Ron Paul is" Ron Paul President 2008...does that exist already?

s35wf
01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
It was an ok interview. Trevor was pleasant & professional looking and speaking. Good job Trevor.

Too bad he didnt get a chance to mention the freeatlast moneybomb though.

texasbelle
01-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Thought Trevor did great! It certainly helps to "mainstream" the Ron Paul campaign because he is well spoken and nice looking. ;) I mean goodness if people listened to the media they would think we were all crazy, terrorist, trolls living in basements! Great job Trevor & all blimp-o-nauts!

Grandson of Liberty
01-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, what was up with the "scary" comment? :rolleyes:

deedles
01-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Isn't the the same clown that likened DRP to Al Qaeda today on Joe Scarborough?

Shink
01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
1. "Blimp-o-nauts?!!!"

2. Shuster is absolutely disgusting. More insinuation that liberty is terror (maybe in his own frail mind).

3. KEEP THE BLIMP FLYING! http://www.ronpaulblimp.com VERY LITTLE TIME LEFT.

InLoveWithRon
01-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Damnit, when the stupid reporter commented that the Paul campaign is kinda 'scary' , Trevor should have said "No it isn't, what's really scary is what's happening to our country.. Our rights and sovereignty are being eroded away".. Or maybe say that today the average savings americans have is minus 2% , the people are in the red because of the government etc etc etc ..

Dammit, you had a great opportunity for a comeback there.. I would have killed that reporter verbally if I was in your seat.. But instead, the viewers came away remembering that reporter implying Ron Paul is "Scary for the country" .. That was the defining moment of the whole interview.. Bad job dude..

Dave Pedersen
01-18-2008, 04:37 PM
The blimp should unload $5,000 in one dollar bills over every city it flies over. That $5,000 would really kick up a storm of media coverage.. well worth $5,000 and we could say it signifies the "falling dollar" of our endangered economy. We could stamp them all with "BLIMP FALLING DOLLAR vote for Ron Paul for president 2008". They would be collectible. Imagine if everyone knew that the blimp would always do this in every city it visited. Many people would track the blimp just to grab some loot. Imagine all the people telling their stories to each other of how they got their "blimp dollars". Imagine the way the word would spread with all those stamped dollars out there in circulation saying:

"BLIMP FALLING DOLLAR vote for Ron Paul for president 2008"

InLoveWithRon
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM
The blimp should unload $5,000 in one dollar bills over every city it flies over. That $5,000 would really kick up a storm of media coverage.. well worth $5,000 and we could say it signifies the "falling dollar" of our endangered economy. We could stamp them all with "BLIMP FALLING DOLLAR vote for Ron Paul for president 2008". They would be collectible. Imagine if everyone knew that the blimp would always do this in every city it visited. Many people would track the blimp just to grab some loot. Imagine all the people telling their stories to each other of how they got their "blimp dollars". Imagine the way the word would spread with all those stamped dollars out there in circulation saying:

That's a great fuckin idea dude

I like the "falling dollar" analogy.. It would hit home with people and the media.. So many opportunities lost in this campaign because they are not creative whatsoever..

jlizgar
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM
I thought it was a good piece! I mean, it was Pauls name out there and he was represented by a fine looking upstanding young man...what more do we want from the media...this is the corrupt MSM we are talking about!
Im proud of him, he did well :)

Liz :)

Grandson of Liberty
01-18-2008, 04:45 PM

Just make sure you unwrap it first, and it's not one big giant brick of bills. :p

Pete Kay
01-18-2008, 04:46 PM

Holy crap! I second this idea. This is the gimmick that the blimp needs to get a tone of media coverage.

At the very least we could drop $1000 dollars. Announce it in advance and then do it right over a city center.

Dave Pedersen
01-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Just make sure you unwrap it first, and it's not one big giant brick of bills. :p

Yeah they could lower the bills down about fifty feet before they unleash them. They would scatter everywhere. This can invigorate the blimp project by tenfold, more money going into it than ever. It will have the dimension it needs to be a real word of mouth buzzmobile.

Let's set this up for Florida.. a REAL money bomb !

Pete Kay
01-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Let's set this up for Florida.. a REAL money bomb !

You are a friggin genius!

Mckarnin
01-18-2008, 05:09 PM
You are a friggin genius!

We can certainly look into the legal on this. It would be a lot of fun and if it's possible legally Florida would be a great place to mix it up.

Rebel Resource
01-18-2008, 05:17 PM
In a city you could do five $2000 drops. Or you could spend 30mins circling around throwing out handfuls of $200 every ten seconds.

Could we get $10k stamped with R3VOLUTION? Is there a machine that can do that?

Dave Pedersen
01-18-2008, 05:32 PM
We can certainly look into the legal on this. It would be a lot of fun and if it's possible legally Florida would be a great place to mix it up.

If people like this idea I started a new thread in the blimp project area. We don't have much time. So.. we need to get some cash to the blimp TONIGHT so it can keep flying, then iron out the details, make sure everything is legal and stamp tons of dollar bills and make some kind of duffel bag that can be opened while hanging from a tether. The "blipmonauts" should make it a big deal, a big event with a countdown like the NYT apple on new year's eve.. so if you guys want to do this you can back it in the new thread.

I think it's worth doing. We need to show very well in Florida, BEFORE Super Tuesday so Ron Paul is seen as a WINNER. That is what we must overcome. There's still enough time. Just enough time to do it !

BOMBS AWAY !

pacelli
01-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Man, you guys are talking about dropping money from the blimp when the blimp & the campaign are both trying to stay aloft? I agree it is a great idea for publicity, but it seems like a waste of Federal Reserve notes that could better be spent for A) More flying time for the blimp and B) More flying time for Ron Paul.

Mark
01-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Isn't the the same clown that likened DRP to Al Qaeda today on Joe Scarborough?

Yes it was, and Trevor was all lovey dovey with him, with NO mention of the MLK fundraiser.

He had a ton of opportunity and all he did was kiss up to Shuster.

Mark
01-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Man, you guys are talking about dropping money from the blimp when the blimp & the campaign are both trying to stay aloft? I agree it is a great idea for publicity, but it seems like a waste of Federal Reserve notes that could better be spent for A) More flying time for the blimp and B) More flying time for Ron Paul.

Yes, the logic escapes me.

And the comment in another thread about not donating to the campaign and instead to the blimp was traitorous.