PDA

View Full Version : Press Release: Ron Paul Billboards Expands Multi State Campaign To South Carolina

ronpaulbillboards
01-18-2008, 03:34 PM
http://ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/ColumbiaSCTheVistasClose.jpg

Ron Paul Billboards
PO Box 1205 Manchaca TX, 78652
www.RonPaulBillboards.com
support@ronpaulbillboards.com

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RON PAUL BILLBOARDS EXPANDS MULTI STATE CAMPAIGN TO SOUTH CAROLINA

AUSTIN, TX -- January, 17, 2008-- Thanks to generous supporters of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, the grassroots effort via RonPaulBillboards.com has launched 2 billboards in Columbia, South Carolina. This multi-state contribution campaign has successfully advertised Ron Paul in pivotal primary locations. The billboards promote his outstanding message of freedom, peace and prosperity in a stupendous manner.

Harold and Kerry Gray voluntarily began this undertaking in Nov, 2007, displaying ads on billboards publicizing Ron Paul and his issues. They launched billboards in early primary states such as Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Manchester, New Hampshire; and Columbia, South Carolina; respectively. The coalition of magnanimous grassroots supporters are enthusiastic about Ron Paul’s vision of hope for America. He has strong Internet support, leading in web searches, Youtube subscriptions, and social networking sites, such as Myspace and Facebook. Additionally, there are numerous grassroots fundraising sites advocating Paul’s message of treasuring freedom, and reinstating the fundamental law of the United States, the Constitution. “We are taking Ron Paul’s views from the internet to the streets and we support all the marvelous grassroots movements supporting his message of liberty.”, declares Kerry Gray, founder of Ron Paul Billboards.

Presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul has an extraordinary message of restoring the Constitution, strengthening our economy and ending the war. Fellow patriots subscribe to his comprehensive views, and are actively contributing to support him. Ron Paul has received considerable acclaim for having genuine integrity, as well as a consistent voting record. Ron Paul Billboards are just one example of the crusade endorsing Ron Paul’s desire for authentic change. His standpoints on eliminating our fiat currency and the tyrannical rule of terror, are resonating with those who desire a transformation of current political philosophies. His supporters believe he offers real change, not merely slogans or that of exaggerated rhetoric. The Ron Paul campaign did not have any involvement in the concepts, designs or funding of the billboards.

Harold Gray, Media Coordinator
RonPaulBillboards.com
support@ronpaulbillboards.com

###

firebirdnation
01-18-2008, 03:35 PM
This is a great idea, keep up the good work!!!

BIRDMAN4PAUL
01-18-2008, 03:37 PM
needs more flames to attract attention

jahazii
01-18-2008, 03:42 PM
is the chip in on your site updated? Are you in need of funding for more billboards? If so place link to chip in please

jahazii
01-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Wait extra bump get this funded
"The daily commuter circulation is 250,000 so we will reach a large number of people versus the cost of the ads." We can get as many daily views as the blimp for less than 5 grand, there are tons of grassroots projects needed to be funded.

We can reach over 5 million people in 4 weeks!

electronicmaji
01-18-2008, 03:50 PM
this is a great project...thank you guys!

gpickett00
01-18-2008, 03:53 PM
This is a lot more important than the blimp. BUMP!

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 09:31 AM
I appreciate all the comments. You would not believe how hard hard it was to pull off 4 billboard launches in 3 states in the course of a month. The Holidays hampered donations and also the weather played a part in South Carolina. If we had more people pushing our site and starting threads like the blimp project we could raise the money up front and launch these billboards faster. I have scoped other markets with potential to reach millions as well. But we can only work with the donations we received. In fact basically we paid for the second billboard in Columbia ourselves. This hampered having down payments for future efforts but that's the way it goes sometimes. For this reason we are only focusing on Texas where we can reach over 5 million in 4 weeks and have more time to raise the funds. You can help by spreading the word, starting threads to promote our campaigns and of course contributing on our website.

Visit ronpaulbillboards.com and contribute to our Texas campaign.

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

CountryB4Party
01-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Ron Paul Billboards, I commend your success, but I am gravely concerned about your art because it is quite difficult to read.

I am a corporate marketing consultant in TX with 20 years experience, and I am offering my services to improve your next design to achieve maximum impact if you are interested. Please send me a PM through this site or a public message on this thread. I will bookmark and return.

Sincerely,
Dena

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 09:55 AM
I respectfully disagree, our billboard slogans that we have launched are easy to read from 1st hand accounts and from the photos we have received. The photos don't do it justice, the photos I personally took of the location in Austin looks farther away than it actually is. In person the billboard is right in your face and you can read the words and can't miss it because it is 14 x 48 which is huge in person. The photos just don't represent the viewpoint in person. Also I had to scale this photo down because the actual digital photo was huge and would not fit on the screen. That decreased some resolution for posting on the web.

Harold

Airborn
01-19-2008, 09:59 AM
bump

CountryB4Party
01-19-2008, 10:18 AM
I respectfully disagree, our billboard slogans that we have launched are easy to read from 1st hand accounts and from the photos we have received. The photos don't do it justice, the photos I personally took of the location in Austin looks farther away than it actually is. In person the billboard is right in your face and you can read the words and can't miss it because it is 14 x 48 which is huge in person. The photos just don't represent the viewpoint in person. Also I had to scale this photo down because the actual digital photo was huge and would not fit on the screen. That decreased some resolution for posting on the web.

Harold

Hi, Harold, with all due respect, you have violated a few design and marketing principles that diminish capturing and holding one's attention including generating visual interest so that your target actually reads all the copy you are presenting. However, if you are pleased, then simply disregard my input, fellow patriot. :)

Sincerely,
Dena

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 10:35 AM
I have worked with 3 different major billboard AD reps from major billboard companies and they all loved the designs, said they would have an effect and that it would successfully convey our message. I have seen other billboard designs and they are similar. The Ron Paul font is huge so people can't miss it. We included 9 words to describe his issues and that is a market standard. We have the website and phone number also in a huge font to attract attention. In the downtown areas, people are moving slower and walking around so they can read the billboard. In fact I just received an email from Lamar Advertising, who I haven't even dealt with yet and they were asking for designs and photos to use for one of their clients who are doing a RP billboard as well. It can't be that bad if we have had several billboard companies give us kudos and ask for our help with other billboard campaigns.

I would love to see what you have in mind, send me an email of your design.

Harold

submissions@ronpaulbillboards.org

CountryB4Party
01-19-2008, 10:56 AM
I have worked with 3 different major billboard AD reps from major billboard companies and they all loved the designs, said they would have an effect and that it would successfully convey our message. I have seen other billboard designs and they are similar. The Ron Paul font is huge so people can't miss it. We included 9 words to describe his issues and that is a market standard. We have the website and phone number also in a huge font to attract attention. In the downtown areas, people are moving slower and walking around so they can read the billboard. In fact I just received an email from Lamar Advertising, who I haven't even dealt with yet and they were asking for designs and photos to use for one of their clients who are doing a RP billboard as well. It can't be that bad if we have had several billboard companies give us kudos and ask for our help with other billboard campaigns.

I would love to see what you have in mind, send me an email of your design.

Harold

submissions@ronpaulbillboards.org

Harold, I will have a designer create a few layouts and send to you by tomorrow evening. Another bit of advice from years of experience, billboard companies are not designers, and they are not marketers...although many believe they are. The same applies to printers and other ad reps. Never would I have my printer design a printed piece because they are layout technicians (what used to be called mechanical artists) not designers. The newspaper can throw together a layout and a TV station can produce a broadcast spot for clients, but 99% of the time, the creative will not achieve maximum impact because they are not trained designers / producers.

Please send me a PM with your contact info. and the billboards specs, and I will see what my designer can do by tomorrow evening.

Sincerely,
Dena

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Getting reports and emails from the field and people Love it!

CountryB4Party
01-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Getting reports and emails from the field and people Love it!

Harold, I need you to make up your mind. Either you love your current design and want to stick with it, or you will consider an improved design.

I am offering my service as well as that of my colleague; however, if you are satisfied with your current design, please let me know so we do not waste our time.

Sincerely,
Dena

itshappening
01-19-2008, 11:28 AM
congrats Harold but I think you should think further ahead, getting these up a few days before is a waste,... they should be up weeks before the actual vote in my opinion

but way to go with getting all this organized, not easy....

CountryB4Party
01-19-2008, 11:32 AM
congrats Harold but I think you should think further ahead, getting these up a few days before is a waste,... they should be up weeks before the actual vote in my opinion

but way to go with getting all this organized, not easy....

I thought these were going up in TX. No?

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 11:37 AM
I appreciate all the comments. You would not believe how hard it was to pull off 4 billboard launches in 3 states in the course of a month. The Holidays hampered donations and also the weather played a part in South Carolina. If we had more people pushing our site and starting threads like the blimp project we could raise the money up front and launch these billboards faster. I have scoped other markets with potential to reach millions as well. But we can only work with the donations we received. In fact basically we paid for the second billboard in Columbia ourselves. This hampered having down payments for future efforts but that's the way it goes sometimes. For this reason we are only focusing on Texas where we can reach over 5 million in 4 weeks and have more time to raise the funds. You can help by spreading the word, starting threads to promote our campaigns and of course contributing on our website.

For those concerning the launch date please read above. We can't change the past but we can work towards the present. We need your support now so we can launch this weeks before the primary. I posted so much here and elsewhere I felt like a spammer. You can do only so much. With our Texas campaign we have the ability to reach millions weekly so please help us by spreading the word and bumping it just like any other project on here.

Thanks for your support

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 11:40 AM
I thought these were going up in TX. No?

Texas Campaign Contributions Is Happening Now!
The faster we raise funds the quicker we can get the ball rolling on printing, shipping and such. We can only work when we have support through contributions.

Visit ronpaulbillboards.com

jahazii
01-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Come on guys 100k for the blimp in a couple days do you know how many billboards that is?

Donate we need these up

Revolution9
01-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Ron Paul Billboards, I commend your success, but I am gravely concerned about your art because it is quite difficult to read.

I am a corporate marketing consultant in TX with 20 years experience, and I am offering my services to improve your next design to achieve maximum impact if you are interested. Please send me a PM through this site or a public message on this thread. I will bookmark and return.

Sincerely,
Dena

Another know-it-all ready to throw their "weight" around because they do not like what someone else did. Go rent a billboard if you do not like it.

Randy

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 12:02 PM
You're on at 2:02...Hey, the news thought your billboard was a professional one funded by the official campaign...they don't seem to understand that the grassroots are who fund the crazy stuff for Ron Paul.

Columbia, SC--WIS-TV/NBC-Channel 10 (Aired during the 7:00pm news on 1/18) This one shows the Ron Paul Billboard too!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=agJt6d7Op8I
http://wistv.images.worldnow.com/images/202963_G.jpg

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Come on guys 100k for the blimp in a couple days do you know how many billboards that is?

Donate we need these up

I don't want to diminish anyones effort to support Ron Paul. But if we would have received just half of what you said we could have covered all major markets for Super Tuesday. We can still do big things presently if we get the support. I have major billboard locations already scoped out. We just need funding. We have launched 4 billboards in 3 states in a month and recently formed our organization in late November. For spending $10,000 to cover leasing space, designs, vinyl printing and shipping and having 4 billboards in 3 states is a great utilization of funds. These are in prime locations as well and most didn't have anyone else launching billboards in the entire state. We are also working 24/7 for free and are performing duties that should take at least 10 people to handle without stressing. I have received plenty of responses from others having no luck accomplishing just one billboard or the companies are just not helping them. I have also provided contacts, designs and tips for others who wish to launch billboards as well. This is a collective effort and we all want Ron Paul to be represented in as many locations as possible.

Your support and appreciation makes it all worth it.

Harold

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Our billboard DID make the local Columbia NBC news!
Thanks to McKarnin from the The Blimp team for the link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=agJt6d7Op8I

:D

jahazii
01-19-2008, 04:37 PM
bump get er done and maybe put mention on the TX sign that he place 2nd in Nevada

CountryB4Party
01-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Another know-it-all ready to throw their "weight" around because they do not like what someone else did. Go rent a billboard if you do not like it.

Randy

"Throwing my weight around"?? "Know it all?"

If you guys aren't intelligent enough to take gracious offers from successful, experienced professionals to improve your efforts, then I believe you guys are your worst enemy. Not to mention the fact that you are insulting a fellow supporter simply for offering assistance.

Let me guess? You are a libertarian. Such a solid negative reputation you are creating for yourselves; one of which should really propel your efforts to attract mainstream voters to you and your cause.

One last word of advice: think before you speak.

Dena

susano
01-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Look it you guys, CountryB4Party has over 20 years in advertising (I know her). You need to listen to her. She's offering help for FREE.

We all love the billbord design because we are already SOLD. RP already has OUR attention. She is correct that the white background isn't good. With a billboard, you have SECONDS to get someone's attention and have them read it. Take her advice and take her up on the offer. There is no reason to let egos get in the way of improving our messaging. When a professional offers help, especially a RP supporter, TAKE IT.

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 06:48 PM
This is a celebration so check all the negativity at this post. Direct your response to who wrote it and not at anyone else. I haven't responded to any of your posts negatively.

I'll say it again we made the local NBC news with what the reporter said was a "professionally produced billboard". They think we raised the money and the Ron Paul Campaign launched the billboard. I'm also looking for a clip of John McCain being interviewed by CSPAN with our same billboard behind him. If a billboard making the news is not effective marketing, I don't know what is. The Blimp, Air Corps banners, signs on the roadsides, sign waving events, full page ads and such are forcing the MSM to cover Ron Paul. These stories and news pieces wouldn't exist if it wasn't for all those who are active in their support of Ron Paul. Just imagine the state of his campaign if we just sat on the couch and done nothing the past year.
We are doing it! We are having an effect.

The grassroots cured my Apathy!

Harold

susano
01-19-2008, 06:57 PM
So, even when it's good, there's no room for improvement? Not being critical, just pointing out that it's silly to blow off a pro when help if offered.

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 07:42 PM
I haven't blown anyone off the person responding to her is in no way affiliated with our website. This is an open collective effort, any help is greatly appreciated. Your friend got off on the wrong foot with her approach. She seemed a bit too forceful about her opinions so I believe she rubbed some the wrong way. I have responded to many suggestions from emails and used a few ideas from those emails. It's all good, we are all working for greater good so lets say focused on what's important.

Harold

CountryB4Party
01-19-2008, 08:46 PM
I haven't blown anyone off the person responding to her is in no way affiliated with our website. This is an open collective effort, any help is greatly appreciated. Your friend got off on the wrong foot with her approach. She seemed a bit too forceful about her opinions so I believe she rubbed some the wrong way. I have responded to many suggestions from emails and used a few ideas from those emails. It's all good, we are all working for greater good so lets say focused on what's important.

Harold

As the structure of my previous post clearly shows, I was addressing "Randy"; however, after re-visiting my communication with you, I fail to understand where my offer, the reasons for my offer as well as insights into the industry were "forceful". I shared with you facts and professional advice, not personal opinions.

The only statement that might be perceived as "forceful" was my direct request for you to make a decision about my offer so that I do not waste my time or that of my associate; a question that has been ignored.

Harold, I am simply trying to help you. While your media coverage is a worthy accomplishment, it is not an indicator your creative is effective with your target audience. In the end, lasting emotional target impact is your true measure and one must understand the psychology of marketing, as well as have a full understanding of your target audience, to fully maximize the results of one's efforts. I am simply trying to convey that there are a few design modifications you can make to improve your outcome.

Obviously you are pleased with your design and the results. I do wish you the best in your endeavors.

Dena

Swmorgan77
01-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi, Harold, with all due respect, you have violated a few design and marketing principles that diminish capturing and holding one's attention including generating visual interest so that your target actually reads all the copy you are presenting. However, if you are pleased, then simply disregard my input, fellow patriot. :)

Sincerely,
Dena

Sounds like you could do some even better billboards and organize an effort to get them up. Let me know how to contribute and good luck in your efforts.

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Sounds like you could do some even better billboards and organize an effort to get them up. Let me know how to contribute and good luck in your efforts.

You can help by adding our website and Texas campaign tagline to your sig, spread the word through your email contacts, post threads to help promote our Texas campaign and lastly you can donate. All help is greatly appreciated.

Harold

firebirdnation
01-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Any plans for California?

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 11:19 PM
I scoped out several locations in California and found some great Digital and Vinyl Billboards in large circulated areas. It's an very expensive market. I have a page built that's not published on our page. Unfortunately time is to short to raise the funds for a launch in any Feb 5th state. We didn't meet the goal for South Carolina and we paid the balance out our pockets. The Holidays stalled donations and the launch was delayed due to taht as well as weather issues. If we could amass enough funds we could reach several people in other prime markets across the nation. I had quotes for billboards in some unbelievable markets that would garner massive media attention. We have big ideas but need the funding to accomplish these goals. So to ensure success and reach the most people before a primary, we are focusing on Texas which is March 4th. If you can organize an effort yourself and need help let me know.

Harold