PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Massive Appreciation Day

Fields of Hope
01-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Dear Paul R[evol]utionaries,

I am a Canadian supporter who has watched your r[evol]ution on the sidelines until now. Truthfully, I envy your chance to participate in this historic moment. But I, too, have decided to make a stand today – here – to do my share for Dr. Paul.

I stand by Dr. Paul because he is genuine, sincere, and courageous in upholding his principles. He roots his compassion for the American people in a passionate understanding of America’s most pressing issues. He is human, in the deepest sense of the word, in his concerns and sacrifices for the people. But most profoundly, I stand by Dr. Paul because he moved and inspired me with his actions and dreams.

Dr. Paul appeared in this breakfast segment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWSFdVHOuu4) on CNN. In it, I saw a physician who loved helping patients. I saw a man who is fond of his family. I saw a grandfather who wanted nothing more than to spend time with his granddaughters. Yet, he gave up all of that, only to find himself amidst the exhaustion of being under relentless scrutiny, of standing up to the establishment his every waking moment, of traveling without rest, of being away from his loved ones. Why?

Not because he is in the race for power and the title of the President of the United Sates, but because Dr. Paul has a dream to serve the American people, because Dr. Paul would use his granted wish for “a lot more peace in the world.”

But his dream had been ridiculed, laughed at, ignored, and marginalized.

For thirty years.

He is labeled a kook, a racist, a crackpot, a fringe - shunned to the side as a laughingstock. We see it, but he lives through it. Yet Dr. Paul never backed down. His unrelenting hard work, strength, and perseverance became inspirations for me to face up to the obstacles in my own hopes for life.

Despite his staunch appearance, with ruthless opposition from the media (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jZTd9j6_yg), exclusion from debate, and ostracization (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=80496) by all the other candidates, I can’t help but think that maybe, during all those years, there were moments when Dr. Paul felt lonely in his ideals. Just maybe, like all of us, there were times during his long years when he could have used a thank you and a word of encouragement.

This year is going to be different. We have found Dr. Paul, and Dr. Paul has found us.

=================================
Ron Paul Massive Appreciation Day
=================================

1 Day. 6205 Flowers. One for each and every day that Dr. Paul spent in congress, working for the freedom of the American people. 6205 supporters, together, telling Dr. Paul that he is not alone.

Let’s transmute our enthusiasm online into the real world so that the public can see, touch, and feel the magnitude of our passion.

Let’s give the media a new story, reminiscent of our Nov 5th success, breaking Dr. Paul into the public eye once again before Feb. 5th.

Let’s change the perception of those who think Dr. Paul is a kook, and let them ask the question, “why is this man so passionately admired and loved by tens of thousands of Americans and people around the world?”

Let’s give those around the world who cannot donate finally a chance to personally say thank you to Dr. Paul.

But most importantly, let’s send Dr. Paul a thank you that he never received but so deserves, a thank you so memorable that he will always remember back to for the rest of his life. “Dr. Paul you are no longer alone!” “Dr. Paul we will be with you until the very end!” “Dr. Paul please fight on!” “Dr. Paul thank you for what you have done for our country!”

Dr. Paul invigorated us. This is our time to invigorate him.

================================
Logistics
================================

I need the following help in order to make this a reality.

1. Website and hosting. I have some graphic design experience, but am not as familiar with the other aspects of website development.

2. Choosing a date and an event. Originally I thought this would be most effective if done during a national debate, but it seems unfeasible. Another idea I have is to coordinate with Operation Live Free or Die and have their ground volunteers bring the flowers to Dr. Paul. The most feasible plan seems to be coordinating a time with HQ while keeping it a secret from Dr. Paul himself.

3. Fund collection. Is chip-in the best way to approach this?

4. Publicity. What’s the best way to catch the media’s attention? Would it be a good idea to notify them that the grassroots is going to do something drastic on a certain day?

I look forward to hearing back from many of you!

sharpsteve2003
01-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Valentines Day jumps out at me but may not be enough time.

Would be great to somehow have them delivered to the congress when Ron Paul is there working, so Cspan and all of washington could see it.

Thanks for your International support.