PDA

View Full Version : RP mention in Economist

Tim724
07-27-2007, 01:12 PM
This appeared in an article about the condition of the Democratic party:

"Every single Democratic contender favours a rapid withdrawal from the country (Iraq), whereas every Republican contender (bar Ron Paul, a Texan with negligible support in the polls) favours some version of staying the course."

(http://www.economist.com/opinion/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9516433)

I don't like the dismissive statement about "neglible support in the polls," but atleast they are finally acknowledging that there is an anti-war, conservative candidate!

Slugg
07-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Long journeys are accomplished with a multitude of small steps.

Sematary
07-27-2007, 01:24 PM
This appeared in an article about the condition of the Democratic party:

"Every single Democratic contender favours a rapid withdrawal from the country (Iraq), whereas every Republican contender (bar Ron Paul, a Texan with negligible support in the polls) favours some version of staying the course."

(http://www.economist.com/opinion/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9516433)

I don't like the dismissive statement about "neglible support in the polls," but atleast they are finally acknowledging that there is an anti-war, conservative candidate!

Isn't it a lie that every single dem contender favors a rapid withdrawal from the country? I haven't heard one of them say that they would completely remove our troops from Iraq. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Hillary and/or Obama would expand the war to keep the government growing.

ARealConservative
07-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Isn't it a lie that every single dem contender favors a rapid withdrawal from the country? I haven't heard one of them say that they would completely remove our troops from Iraq. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Hillary and/or Obama would expand the war to keep the government growing.

The democrats will do everything possible to make sure our soldiers are still in harms way come election time.

Slugg
07-27-2007, 01:50 PM
The democrats will do everything possible to make sure our soldiers are still in harms way come election time.

Actually, that's why (in my opinion) the troops are still there....had the Dem Congress done anything...then there would be little for the Dem Presidential Candidates to use as a cohesive issue...just grab all the anti-war votes...a shoe in!

MozoVote
07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
It did sound in the last debate that Hillary and Joe Biden had tried to find answers as to how quickly the troops could be removed. There may really be strong logistical reasons supported by the military why it could take months. (Remember how long the build up took to prepare for the invasion.)

Kucinich went for the cheap applause of "start removing them right now".