PDA

View Full Version : The media attacks have begun

acptulsa
01-18-2008, 01:40 PM
It is a sign we're doing well. They will issue outrageous attacks. They're already at it.

Nine of ten of these will be attempts to provoke us into making angry rebuttals that they can quote. Their purpose in quoting them will be to paint us as less than rational or sane.

When rebutting an attack against Dr. Paul you must constantly think about how your comment will look or sound to the average viewer! There are several excellent wordsmiths on this site that can and will provide strong yet careful rebuttals designed to give them no ammunition to use against us. Please be honest with yourself about whether you can do this.

We need to be careful not to be our own worst enemies. When we write to or call these unfriendly media outlets we are giving them permission to quote us or replay our calls to the general public. Here on friendly grounds all is understood in the end. In the nation at large we are still trying to win hearts and minds despite many efforts to paint us as not worth listening to.

Stay out of their trap. Rebutting an attack on Dr. Paul while angry is like driving while angry--road rage can get you in jail, and angry responses can set the cause back!

Vent your rage here, among (mostly) friends. Thank you thank you thank you!

j0ew00ds
01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
agreed. but God is that tough....

slacker921
01-18-2008, 01:43 PM
+10
.. unfortunately there are a LOT of supporters of other candidates going around making totally whacky comments and claiming to be RP supporters so even if we don't make crazy comments the media has plenty of ammo.

givemeliberty
01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Excellent post.

Try to answer with the candor and the grace that the Good Dr. would use.

Know the facts and don't let your emotions get in the way.

VoluntaryMan
01-18-2008, 01:46 PM
It is a sign we're doing well. They will issue outrageous attacks. They're already at it.

Nine of ten of these will be attempts to provoke us into making angry rebuttals that they can quote. Their purpose in quoting them will be to paint us as less than rational or sane.

When rebutting an attack against Dr. Paul you must constantly think about how your comment will look or sound to the average viewer! There are several excellent wordsmiths on this site that can and will provide strong yet careful rebuttals designed to give them no ammunition to use against us. Please be honest with yourself about whether you can do this.

We need to be careful not to be our own worst enemies. When we write to or call these unfriendly media outlets we are giving them permission to quote us or replay our calls to the general public. Here on friendly grounds all is understood in the end. In the nation at large we are still trying to win hearts and minds despite many efforts to paint us as not worth listening to.

Stay out of their trap. Rebutting an attack on Dr. Paul while angry is like driving while angry--road rage can get you in jail, and angry responses can set the cause back!

Stop and count to 10.:cool:

DealzOnWheelz
01-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Question If in your email You STATE THAT YOU EXPLICITLY REJECT ANY RIGHT THEY MAY HAVE TO AIR YOUR EMAIL IN THE OPEN AND THAT IT IS CONFIDENTIAL would there be any legal ramifications that can result from them airing your email?????

IDK so if anyone knows the law regarding this it may help

yongrel
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
tonight, I will be taking my occasionally fuctional tv into the woods and shooting it. I may or may not post a youtube.

prlgrl
01-18-2008, 01:52 PM

Agreed. My husband pointed out to me yesterday that the 'average joe' coming home after work prolly has cnn, fox, or some other news outlet on. They may not even be watching, but hear in the background a negative sound byte. That one negative piece of info will be all they need to not take Ron Paul seriously. They will write him off and not look further.

kill the banks
01-18-2008, 01:53 PM
" i have a dream "

peace is being smarter than your emotions

kill the banks

Jimmy
01-18-2008, 02:00 PM
tonight, I will be taking my occasionally fuctional tv into the woods and shooting it. I may or may not post a youtube.

I'd watch ...in fact I can't wait :D

tcindie
01-18-2008, 02:03 PM

Bring a long extension cord and plug it in/turn it on.. then blow it away with a 50 cal. :D

DealzOnWheelz
01-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Make Sure Fox Is On When You Shoot It

fuzzybekool
01-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Stay out of the fray and do not fall victim to these provacative attacks. Their aim is to stop the "surge" of this movement. Ron Paul has broken through the walls of media manipulation as evident by the vote totals of these past primaries. No one would of predicted Ron Paul having more votes than Rudy Guliani and Fred Thompson so far.

The MSM realizes that Rudy Guiliani MUST win Florida or his campaign is over. The MSM realizes that Fred Thompson MUST win South Carolina or his campaign is over. The MSM realizes John McCain can not win over true conservative Republican voters and his campaign will soon be over. The MSM realizes Mitt Romney's "flip-flopping" and lack of core Republican values will not go over in the South and thus his campaign will soon be over.

That leaves us with Mike Huckabee. The MSM realizes despite their attempt to "break" Mike Huckabee with repeated and well deserved attacks, that Mr. Huckabee is just too smooth of a talker and can generally joke his way out of the situation, which voters seem to like. But Mike Huckabee, a former Baptist Preacher, can never win a General Election against a Democrat, and the MSM knows it.

So who does it leave ? Dr. Ron Paul of course, and thus the fierce attacks to destroy the movement. The MSM in concert with the "establishment" and status quo government insiders want no part of "Real Change" that Dr. Ron Paul's candidacy brings to the table. They all realize the writings on the wall and a war to preserve their interests in on and everyone reading this should understand that they are manning full battle stations.

No one ever dreamed that Ron Paul would be so popular as he has become and I am sure our enemies are beginning the "blame game" as we speak. Who would of thought the internet would galvanize so many passionate supporters ? Who would of thought the internet would harness $20 Million dollars for Ron Paul last quarter ? Who would of thought Ron Paul would be in a position right now to "outlast" his neo-con Republican rivals ? Nevada will be Ron Paul's best showing to date and this has "them" shaking and worrying with fear.

This is the reality we face today. We need to stay composed, focused, and working to get more and more votes by spreading the message. It is the message that can not be defeated. We need to understand that. They will attack Ron Paul with no avail because the message is more powerful than the attackers. That is my advice.

acptulsa
01-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Not to mention that Dr. No is Mr. Clean and they hate that they can't buy him. The time has come for we fiercely independent libertarian types to develop true military discipline--it is absolutely necessary to win this war.

Yes, j0ew00ds, it is hard indeed:mad: Just remember that you don't want to be court-martialed by this group!:eek:;)

VoluntaryMan
01-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Make Sure Fox Is On When You Shoot It

The 1st person who creates a gamebox that you can connect to your television set, so that you can "shoot" your least favorite political pundits in the head:eek:, and watch their gray matter hit the backdrops, as their lifeless bodies 1st slump over, and then slide beneath their desks, each time they say something completely outrageous, all done with CGI, of course, and integrated into the live newscast, now that person is going to become a trillionaire, and deservedly so.:D

[sorry for the run-on sentence]

acptulsa
01-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Ramble on, you're among friends.

acptulsa
01-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry to be so shameless, but I think this is important at this stage...

<self bump>