PDA

View Full Version : Must Read! Justin Raimondo's Article!!!

JPFromTally
01-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before but everyone must read this article:

http://www.takimag.com/site/article/why_the_beltway_libertarians_are_trying_to_smear_r on_paul/

Greg in VA
01-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I posted this as well. MODs please sticky this. Give consideration to having a subforum, newsletter debunked with the article and links.

After you read this the TNR piece is total garbage for the passages and quotes were taken out of context. As RP supporters we need to make sure this article goes viral.

JPFromTally
01-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Greg, I figured it would be a re-post. And thanks for agreeing that this article is extremely important. I've always been a fan of Justin and his writing style.

Derek
01-18-2008, 01:47 PM
I thought this was a great article, and it should definitely be stickied somewhere.

DrNoZone
01-18-2008, 01:57 PM
It's nothing new.

The fact is at least this much: in 1996 Ron Paul and campaign took ownership for Paul having written the newsletters and even tried to defend them, saying they were taken out of context. Then in 2001 RP said he didn't write them, at least not the nasty stuff. And in 2008 RP is saying he didn't write them and has no clue who did.

So, either RP was lying in 1996, or he's lying now. Either way, he lied about these newsletters.

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 01:58 PM
great article... Cato is the "Orange Line Mafia" hahahah

The Orangle Line is a posh metro line in DC

gjdavis60
01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Anyone whose faith in RP has been shaken by the newsletter scandal needs to read this!

DrNoZone
01-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Anyone whose faith in RP has been shaken by the newsletter scandal needs to read this!

I've read it, and it didn't change a thing for me.

integrity
01-18-2008, 02:49 PM

Get Real, if you're looking for the perfect candidate, it's never gonna happen! You are putting a hell of a lot of energy on this board trying to (intentionally?) demoralize Ron Paul's supporters with your nit picking over these stupid newsletters and the racist crap.... I think the big issues are what we should focus on. I don't agree with some of what Ron Pauls about either, but I don't keep bringing them up here because I know I can't change it.

I know RP is not a racist.

DrNoZone
01-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Get Real, if you're looking for the perfect candidate, it's never gonna happen! You are putting a hell of a lot of energy on this board trying to (intentionally?) demoralize Ron Paul's supporters with your nit picking over these stupid newsletters and the racist crap.... I think the big issues are what we should focus on. I don't agree with some of what Ron Pauls about either, but I don't keep bringing them up here because I know I can't change it.

I'm putting a lot of energy into this board? No, not anymore. I've posted maybe 10-15 times in the last 2 weeks.

I'm not looking for the perfect candidate, but I am looking for one who is honest and straightforward. Ron Paul was that man, before he lied about the newsletters.

integrity
01-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm putting a lot of energy into this board? No, not anymore. I've posted maybe 10-15 times in the last 2 weeks.

I'm not looking for the perfect candidate, but I am looking for one who is honest and straightforward. Ron Paul was that man, before he lied about the newsletters.

If you are letting this nitpicking thing change your mind you were never a supporter. I looked at your link and its full of Cato mumbo jumbo. Lets just all sit on our couch and read your graphs and pie charts until the perfect candidate comes along?

mesler
01-18-2008, 03:12 PM

I'm sorry you ate up the smear campaign.

He's still the best candidate even if he did lie as you say he did, so if you agree with that he is the best candidate, please stop poo-pooing him, because it isn't helping those of us who are still active.

Menthol Patch
01-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Ron Paul did not write those newsletters. That is all that matters.

angelatc
01-18-2008, 03:25 PM

Fair enough. Bye! Good luck with your new candidate!

In the meantime, I'm making a donation to Justin's antiwar.com .

Talcott
01-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Good Article.

:cool:

coyote_sprit
01-18-2008, 03:38 PM

You've made 100+ posts since January 4th(so does that mean you lied and we should never trust you ever again? I think it does.) and Ron Paul is still an excellent candidate, I know in my heart he had nothing to do with the newsletters. Besides no one is perfect and what other candidate are you gonna turn to?

Caravello
01-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Excellent article.

Thanks for posting!

Jaredh
01-18-2008, 03:50 PM

How could you possibly let ONE lie (a rather benign one at that), get in the way of 30 years of consistent voting?

I mean even if he had 10 more things he lied about, have you looked around lately?

Whatever then, I can see it now...

*dollar collapses*

"Hey man, at least I proved I wasn't racist. I voted for Obama." Seriously, look at the policies that actually HURT black people, before you go around acting like a retard.

Seriously, are you even black? I am, and can clearly see that a couple of my friends getting pardoned for NON-VIOLENT DRUG CRIMES(possession of cannabis, under 7 grams), being the OPPOSITE of racism.

integrity
01-18-2008, 03:53 PM
How could you possibly let ONE lie (a rather benign one at that), get in the way of 30 years of consistent voting?

I mean even if he had 10 more things he lied about, have you looked around lately?

Whatever then, I can see it now...

*dollar collapses*

"Hey man, at least I proved I wasn't racist. I voted for Obama." Seriously, look at the policies that actually HURT black people, before you go around acting like a retard.

Seriously, are you even black? I am, and can clearly see that a couple of my friends getting pardoned for NON-VIOLENT DRUG CRIMES(possession of cannabis, under 7 grams), being the OPPOSITE of racism.

Ignore "drblowzone" he's confessed to being a troll....

Mark
01-18-2008, 03:55 PM

He didn't lie you troll and/or turncoat - Eric Dondero and Lew Rockwell wrote that crap.

Eric was fired and Lew was ostracized by Ron for it.

It's a smear attack by a disgruntled ex-employee.

Just LEAVE - you've trolled enough FAKE.

Mark
01-18-2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/011308_not_racist.htm

NAACP President: Ron Paul Is Not A Racist

Linder says Paul being smeared because he is a threat to the establishment

Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, who has known Ron Paul for 20 years, unequivocally dismissed charges that the Congressman was a racist in light of recent smear attempts, and said the reason for him being attacked was that he was a threat to the establishment.

Linder joined Alex Jones for two segments on his KLBJ Sunday show this evening, during which he commented on the controversy created by media hit pieces that attempted to tarnish Paul as a racist by making him culpable for decades old newsletter articles written by other people.

"Knowing Ron Paul's intent, I think he is trying to improve this country but I think also, when you talk about the Constitution and you constantly criticize the federal government versus state I think a lot of folks are going to misconstrue that....so I think it's very easy for folks who want to to take his position out of context and that's what I'm hearing," said Linder.

"Knowing Ron Paul and having talked to him, I think he's a very fair guy I just think that a lot of folks do not understand the Libertarian platform," he added.

Asked directly if Ron Paul was a racist, Linder responded "No I don't," adding that he had heard Ron Paul
speak out about police repression of black communities and mandatory minimum sentences on many occasions.

Dr. Paul has also publicly praised Martin Luther King as his hero on many occasions spanning back 20 years.

"I've read Ron Paul's whole philosophy, I also understand what he's saying from a political standpoint and why people are attacking him," said Linder.

"If you scare the folks that have the money, they're going to attack you and they're going to take it out of context," he added.

"What he's saying is really really threatening the powers that be and that's what they fear," concluded the NAACP President.

Click here (http://prisonplanet.com/audio/130108linder.mp3) to listen to the MP3 interview.

UPDATE: Nelson Linder contacted our office and wanted prisonplanet.com to stress the fact that he made his comments as a private citizen, not as president of the Austin NAACP. He said the libertarian platform deserves the same scrutiny as the Democratic and Republican parties receive in this nation. He went on to say that some on the web have construed that he is endorsing Ron Paul. And that is not the case. Mr. Linder went on to say that the interview was designed to discuss local issues concerning civil rights and civil liberties and his knowledge of the Libertarian party and Ron Paul.

Caravello
01-18-2008, 04:06 PM
This is amazing that RP is being called a racist when he is one of the few whites who actually see the drug laws for what they are, a way to smash the poor, many of whom are black. But it's okay when little preppy kids whose dads are important smoke pot in college or take ecstasy in all-night dance clubs; then they call it "youthful indiscretion." But some poor kid wants to get high after a day of work or just to have a good time and he's turned into a criminal with a record that sticks for life and deprives him of his dignity.

Because I don't care what anyone says, once you have any kind of record you never feel quite part of the country, like a leper. I know a lot of people who have minor busts like this and it haunts them for life, in varying degrees to be sure, but they never feel part of the team again.

Carole
01-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I just would like to remind those who may have forgotten.

The aim of collectivism is to divide and conquer.

I consider myself an individual and am proud to support Dr. Paul. He is a good man and a great candidate who is trying to save this country and help change people's attitudes about being sheep and cattle in all these groups that so divide and so work to enable the real enemies of this once great country.

Please either get a grip and think these things through or go your own way away from those of us who want to stop the madness in our country. Not trying to be mean or disrespectful, but please stop trying to bring us down. We have the message we need to turn this country, indeed the world around. If you do not wish to help that is fine, but I do not need naysayers.

There comes a point in life wherein we must choose to put aside petty things and work toward achieving a goal that is much, much greater than any single person. There is little time left when the aim is understood that we are to be conquered and enslaved under fascism or totalitarianism.

Thank you.

Yet another video on the International Bankers and their control over all the world.
The Capitalist Conspiracy-Inside View ofInternational Banking by G. Edward

http://hungary4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2007/11/capitalist-conspiracy-inside-view-of.html

JPFromTally
01-18-2008, 04:22 PM
I believe Ron when he says he didn't write them. After reading TONS of RP material this is really not his writing style.

REGARDLESS, looking at the entire paragraphs of the questioned comments the whole meaning changes dramatically. For example, Kirchick states as one of his examples:

“[O]ur country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists—and they can be identified by the color of their skin.”

This sounds bad until you read the whole paragraph:

"Many more are going to have difficulty avoiding the belief that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists—and they can be identified by the color of their skin. This conclusion may not be entirely fair, but it is, for many, entirely unavoidable.”

THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT IN MEANING! I was a senior in HS when the LA Riots happened and I remember many journalists, white and black, saying this exact thing: that the riots would cause a lot of white people to identify African-Americans as criminals and harm race relations. A belief that "may not be entirely fair" but one that has to be addressed nonetheless.

affa
01-18-2008, 05:08 PM
It's nothing new.

The fact is at least this much: in 1996 Ron Paul and campaign took ownership for Paul having written the newsletters and even tried to defend them, saying they were taken out of context. Then in 2001 RP said he didn't write them, at least not the nasty stuff. And in 2008 RP is saying he didn't write them and has no clue who did.

So, either RP was lying in 1996, or he's lying now. Either way, he lied about these newsletters.

The only reference I've found to the campaign taking ownership of them was not a direct quote from the campaign, but rather the author's explanation of the campaign's response. More importantly, the article does NOT state the campaign took responsibility for their authorship, but only for their existence.

Ron Paul has often taken 'moral responsibility' for not having reviewed what was released under his name. That could easily be written in an article as 'Ron Paul has taken full ownership for his past mistakes'... and then taken out of context (yet again) years later.

Mark
01-18-2008, 05:20 PM
The only reference I've found to the campaign taking ownership of them was not a direct quote from the campaign, but rather the author's explanation of the campaign's response. More importantly, the article does NOT state the campaign took responsibility for their authorship, but only for their existence.

Ron Paul has often taken 'moral responsibility' for not having reviewed what was released under his name. That could easily be written in an article as 'Ron Paul has taken full ownership for his past mistakes'... and then taken out of context (yet again) years later.

One more time.

Lew Rockwell and Eric Dondero are responsible. They both wrote the crap and Lew let it through.

Where Ron messed up was trusting Lew.

Lew posted a blog in 2002 with suggestions to Trent Lott how to better answer Lott's praise of Strom Thurmond's
presidential run as a segregationist Dixiecrat.

What Lott Might Have Said

by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. (lhrockwell@hotmail.com)

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/lott.html

LEW ROCKWELL IS THE RACIST!!! ERIC DONDERO IS THE RACIST!!!

RON PAUL IS NOT A RACIST!!!