PDA

View Full Version : Auto/SUV rooftop RON PAUL 2008 signs

sillvergirl
01-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Over this past weekend I drove around South Carolina in an SUV with luggage rack to which I attached the larger plastic RON PAUL 2008 signs (white duct-taped together at 3 joints to make a triangular cylinder attached to the rooftop luggage rack with marine bungee cords and 50lb. strength clear nylon fishing line).

This is a very easy and inexpensive way to get more name recognition for Dr. Paul and get people on the road thinking and researching. Some semi-tractor trailer truckers honked at my sign as I drove along,(and we should be attempting to get that group on board for Ron Paul.

I do recommend that you attach a sheet of plywood or other strong material for backing the 2 sloping sides of the sign if you are planning to drive at speeds faster than 60 mph. My simple sign held up well without the plywood backing until I hit the mountains of Tennessee with truckers passing me at 80 mph which caused some torsion in my sign and tore one panel in half.:eek: However, if the sign were reinforced with plywood , I am confident that this would not have happened. Since my goal was to canvass in the Charleston area and gain visibility around South Carolina for Ron Paul, I am happy that the sign held up during that time period of 4 days.

Cindy
01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
You rock!! Thanks for doing that and letting us know about people like you!!