PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: BlackBoxVoting Money Bomb

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
To the pro-Liberty Grassroots,

I just got off the phone with Bev Harris of Black Black Voting (http://blackboxvoting.org). She is currently on the ground in New Hampshire. She has been working to verify the integrity of the election process for the recount that is occuring on both the Democratic and Republican sides.

However, we urgently need observers to videotape and photograph the process. Unfortunately, it's becoming clear we will be unable to do this without trusted volunteers and the necessary resources.

Black Box Voting NEEDS FUNDS IMMEDIATELY. They need these funds to bring in five trusted volunteers. The funds will be used to pay for airfare, rental car, and hotel for these highly knowledgable, experienced election monitors. These five volunteers will be UNPAID, but they need to have airfare, hotel, and rental car covered.

We need your help to do a Black Box Voting money bomb. This money will go towards the New Hampshire recount.

PLEASE donate to Black Vox Voting immediately. Please spread this information far and wide. We can donate without using Paypal, you just need a credit card.

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/donate.html

I have been assured by Bev Harris we will have a full accounting of how the funds will be used. Please donate whatever you can. Just make a note on your donation that the funds should be used for "Monitoring for New Hampshire chain of custody". It is vital we do this now so we can have the volunteers in place for next Tuesday 1/22.

Thank you for your support. Feel free to PM me if you want additional information.

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 12:37 PM
bump

hillertexas
01-18-2008, 12:38 PM
bump

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 12:50 PM
bump, ive started this off with $300

OferNave
01-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Just donated $100. I've been a BBV supporter off and on for a while.

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
I am a new supporter. They do need the money now though, so they can get people on the ground full-time with cameras. This is to document the ballot box slitting and to ensure an accurate recount!

itshappening
01-18-2008, 01:10 PM
she does a great job please support them...

pacelli
01-18-2008, 01:13 PM
They're also running a great incentive for donating-- if you donate $45 or more, you get a free DVD of "Hacking Democracy".

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 01:20 PM
ah yes, I guess I'll be getting a free copy now . =)

Maybe there will be "Hacking Democracy 2: New Hampshire Edition"

Knightskye
01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Bump for actual New Hampshire numbers.

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 01:31 PM
bump... I will try to get a link to live donation totals so we can see how we are doing in terms of donations.

Edu
01-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Bump - for hard work and go get'em attitude!

tamor
01-18-2008, 01:36 PM
donated

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 01:45 PM
thanks guys -- bump!

Edu
01-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Bump - for checking the checkers who didn't check anything!

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 02:27 PM
bump

thegr8drronpaul
01-18-2008, 02:28 PM
just sent my $45. I can't resist the freebies!

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 02:34 PM
thanks so much guys. i think we'll be able to get today's total later this evening. i will post the link to the total donations once I get the link from Bev.

thegr8drronpaul
01-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Did you get any more crazy details of what's going on over there?

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Well, lets see... existing BBV video/audio will be digitized and uploaded ASAP. They need more volunteers on the ground in NH for video recording of the recount and of the ballot trucks. There were strange slits cut in the ballot boxes which indicate tampering. Not all the ballot boxes have been compromised. . . And the vote recount will be more or less "frozen" over the long weekend. We are donating this money to help BBV bring more professionals up to NH to help with video documentation.

Phantom
01-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Black Box Voting » Fund raising report for election monitoring (http://www.bbvforums.org/forums/messages/71407/71408.html?1200690169)

Posted on Friday, January 18, 2008 - 1:02 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have received $300 so far today in the fund raising effort to raise a total of $8000 to underwrite the citizen "Dream Teams" in New Hampshire to watchdog the recount. Thank you so very much to each person who is helping to organize this effort.

Read the rest here (http://www.bbvforums.org/forums/messages/71407/71408.html?1200690169)

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks Phantom ... please donate !! We need these officials in NH! There are forces trying to rig the recount which we paid 60 THOUSAND DOLLARS for.

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 05:20 PM
FROM BEV HARRIS

We have received $300 so far today in the fund raising effort to raise a total of $8000 to underwrite the citizen "Dream Teams" in New Hampshire to watchdog the recount. Thank you so very much to each person who is helping to organize this effort.

Black Box Voting helped put together a strong, experienced team of citizens last week. Like you, these are people with jobs, responsibilities, who are almost all doing this on a volunteer basis. I have selected unique people who I've had the opportunity to assess over the past four years, who have specific front lines experience monitoring elections.

Last week, "Dream Team I" began tracking chain of custody in New Hampshire. This team included Paddy Shaffer (Ohio Election Justice Campaign), Melisa Urda (Illinois Ballot Integrity Project), Susan Pynchon (Florida Fair Elections Coalition) and Sally Castleman (Election Defense Alliance).

Sally's still here; the others have had to return home. I am assembling "Dream Team II" right now. I have commitments from Kathy Greenwell (Bullitt County, Kentucky citizen and the trigger for the "Moonshine Elections" series), Vickie Karp (Vote Rescue, Austin Texas), and now that we've had help with the fund raising on this, I will issue invitations to three more individuals with years of front lines expertise.

We are fund raising for cost of air fare, typically slightly more expensive one-way tickets since scheduling is dictated in part by what we find; motel, rental car and for those members of the "Dream Teams" who don't already have it, digital video cameras, which will be retained by Black Box Voting after this is over for future citizen Dream Team projects.

I am setting a fund raising goal of $8,000 to cover the Dream Team II and help defray some of the Dream Team I costs for this project. As those who have been following our work for the past four years know: We deliver.

We will issue a daily report for funds raised.

Black Box Voting is a tiny organization, with basically me and a bookkeeper, and the network we have built throughout the country, and our volunteer board members. We are primarily focused on watchdog and documentation efforts.

Reasonable expectations: We don't have lawyers on staff and don't handle litigation efforts. We are not and will not be involved in any campaign efforts and our emphasis is not on overturning elections, but rather, on developing evidence as to the validity of the election. Others can and do use the information we develop, which we post publicly here and in our document archive.

Our "clients" are the voters themselves, not the candidates or their campaigns.

We do not focus on legislative efforts or organizing demonstrations.

What the citizen Dream Teams will do is in the area of investigating, evaluating, and tracking election procedures and chain of custody. This involves capturing video, photos, and requesting public records, as well as doing some background checking on individuals with access to the votes, and direct observation of processes related to the election. We spend most of our time in the field and we visit many kinds of places, depending on what we are focusing in on.

We will report daily (except in the situations, which do happen, when we are in the field and even our wireless cards won't pick up a signal).

You will be able to see our reports in the "Investigations" section of these forums, where you can also comment and ask questions. Do remember that our primary focus for this project is field work, so we will be online only for brief time spans.

If funding is heavier than expected:

Excess funds will go into our general operating fund and, if sufficient, into assembling citizen "Dream Teams" for the Feb. 5 Super Tuesday primaries. We report our financial information publicly each year on our 990 and for this project, daily right here. You may view our most recent 990 financial information on our donations page, http://www.blackboxvoting.org/donate.html - scroll to the bottom for the link to the pdf file.

I thank you for your patriotism and your commitment to elections with vote counting we can actually see, and a chain of custody that is public and transparent.

Donations can be provided by visiting our donations page: http://www.blackboxvoting.org/donate.html
or by mailing check to:
330 SW 43rd St Suite K
PMB 547
Renton WA 98057
(Please allow 10 days to receive, log, enter and report donations sent by mail.)

Bev Harris
Founder - Black Box Voting

itshappening
01-18-2008, 05:30 PM
bump!!

support citizens groups!

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Please donate rather than bump! Even if it's just a little bit, if we get many small donations we can pull this off! IM your friends!

THEY ARE CUTTING SLITS IN THE BALLOT BOXES PEOPLE!

Edu
01-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Blimp!

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 06:25 PM
bump

Please let's document this fraud in NH , donate to Bev, she has really gone out on a limb to uncover these criminals up in New Hampshire. Please donate! Send to your friends on IM! Tell Alex Jones for pete's sake!

see
http://blackboxvoting.org

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-18-2008, 06:28 PM
That link is not right above. Its donate.html not donations.html

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks Wolfgang

liberty_Forever
01-18-2008, 07:35 PM
bump

dawnbt
01-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Bump! Looks like we'll also need her in Nevada!

Soccrmastr
01-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Too much money is already pured into this crap recount. It wont help Ron Paul win. Spend the money to do your job as a Precinct Captain and canvassing.

dawnbt
01-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Black Box Voting » Fund raising report for election monitoring (http://www.bbvforums.org/forums/messages/71407/71408.html?1200690169)

Posted on Friday, January 18, 2008 - 1:02 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read the rest here (http://www.bbvforums.org/forums/messages/71407/71408.html?1200690169)

I'm very glad she pointed this out:

Reasonable expectations: We don't have lawyers on staff and don't handle litigation efforts. We are not and will not be involved in any campaign efforts and our emphasis is not on overturning elections, but rather, on developing evidence as to the validity of the election. Others can and do use the information we develop, which we post publicly here and in our document archive.

Our "clients" are the voters themselves, not the candidates or their campaigns.

We do not focus on legislative efforts or organizing demonstrations.

What the citizen Dream Teams will do is in the area of investigating, evaluating, and tracking election procedures and chain of custody. This involves capturing video, photos, and requesting public records, as well as doing some background checking on individuals with access to the votes, and direct observation of processes related to the election. We spend most of our time in the field and we visit many kinds of places, depending on what we are focusing in on.

dawnbt
01-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Too much money is already pured into this crap recount. It wont help Ron Paul win. Spend the money to do your job as a Precinct Captain and canvassing.

Another buzzkill added to the ignore list :rolleyes:

bcasanov
01-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Bump!! This is crucial!

ecliptic
01-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Without the citizen dream teams we can raise money for Ron Paul until we're all blue in the face ... we can caucus until the cows come home.... we can canvass like a world war one plane factory.... we can leaflet like an April shower.... we can organize and re-organize and have meetup after meetup after meetup.... and none of it will matter!

Please support Bev Harris and the citizen dream teams with all your prayers and if possible a couple of bucks. AND support the rloveution as well. Like multi-tasking only with the added urgency of the gathering storm of fascism ... bearing down on us like a cat 6 hurricane.

liberty_Forever
01-20-2008, 03:09 AM
bump for liberty and paper voting

liberty_Forever
01-20-2008, 03:36 AM
bump - please donate and bump this thread guys, we have raised $2475 dollars so far!!!

We are looking to hit around $8000 so we can get all five members of the BBV volunteer 'dream team' on the ground to make sure the recount is free and fair, and to document the whole process on video.

Thanks!

liberty_Forever
01-20-2008, 03:27 PM
$2550 / $8000 raised!

Let's at least get Bev to $4k so she has some resources to help make our primaries free and fair!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-20-2008, 03:33 PM

Thanks for your advice, but I'm able to do all of those at once. It takes less than 5 minutes to donate, and takes away nothing from my other efforts. Not to mention, the other things are useless if votes don't count.

liberty_Forever
01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, plus $8k is really not a lot of money considering how much we generally raise. I think the money we send to Bev Harris will do a lot for each dollar.

an.old.analyst
01-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I strongly support election accuracy, security and transparency, but I strongly urge people research the character of organizations such as this prior to deciding whether to support them or not. Know what you are investing in before plunking down your wallet.

liberty_Forever
01-20-2008, 03:47 PM
This is your first post!! You have no business questioning the accuracy of Black Box Voting on your FIRST POST. Who do you think you are?

Black Box Voting was featured in the HBO Documentary 'Hacking Democracy', and is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Bev Harris has been investigating electronic voting since the 2000 election. She has been more than helpful to ALL the candidates who have asked for information, and is considered one of the foremost experts on electronic voting.

Why don't YOU do the research, since you clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Dlynne
01-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Liberty Forever, I just sent a donation via paypal, but there was no place to leave a note that is was for the New Hampshire recount.

liberty_Forever
01-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Okay, I'll send a message to Bev to use a donation from ~4:50PM EST for the NH recount. I think this will be the primary focus of any of the money that is coming in to them.

Thanks!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
This is your first post!! You have no business questioning the accuracy of Black Box Voting on your FIRST POST. Who do you think you are?

Black Box Voting was featured in the HBO Documentary 'Hacking Democracy', and is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Bev Harris has been investigating electronic voting since the 2000 election. She has been more than helpful to ALL the candidates who have asked for information, and is considered one of the foremost experts on electronic voting.

Why don't YOU do the research, since you clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Agreed. Old anal trolls are bad, mmmmkay.

I know nothing negative about Black Box Voting, and they're the ones who of have stepped up on this issue bigger than anyone else.

pcosmar
01-20-2008, 04:41 PM
bump

liberty_Forever
01-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Black Box Voting fundraising totals (details):

http://www.bbvforums.org/forums/messages/71407/71408.html?1200690169

liberty_Forever
01-20-2008, 06:36 PM
bump