PDA

View Full Version : 'Economic Stimulus Package' Money Bomb, and Tax Refund Money Bomb!

NoMoreApathy
01-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Apparently they're going to hand out $800 to individuals making up to $85,000, and $1600 to couples making up to $110,000.

All it really is, is an advance on next year's tax refund, and since it was money you weren't expecting to have right now ANYWAY, we should have a money bomb day and DONATE it to Ron!

We should mix it in with this year's tax refunds, and set a day where both of those have been dispersed to everyone, and then money bomb the SHIT out of the campaign. It would be MILLIONS!

Everyone is required by law to have their W2 by Jan. 31, so everyone should immediately go and take it to their accountant and get Instand Refund. I know it probably wouldn't be in time for Super Tuesday, but so what...there's more states after that still, and it's not like we're giving up after Super Tuesday anyway...we're in this until the bitter end, right???

I'm not exactly sure when the Stimulus refunds are going to be going out, but they're saying ASAP because they KNOW how bad they need to stick this band-aid on the economy, and how soon it needs to be.

I say we shit on them, and instead of consume more like they WANT us to do, we put it to the best use it could possibly go to!

What do you think?

NoMoreApathy
01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Anyone?

WaterWine41
01-18-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm in... if we can get 40,000 to donate $800 on one day, we can shock and awe the competition...

NoMoreApathy
01-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, I'm not exactly sure when the 'Stimulus Package' checks would go out...someone just said not until June...even though that's still not too late, it's definitely a long while off.

What we WILL get though is our regular tax refunds...most of us will have them in sometime in February, so I think everyone should commit to a Tax Refund Money Bomb.

We could name it after abolishing the IRS, especially since we know now that that idea is actually pretty popular.

What do you think people? What else are you really going to spend that money on?

NoMoreApathy
01-18-2008, 12:51 PM
If you guys are so worried about where this money is coming from, and how useless it will ultimately be, then give it to Ron!

Give whatever you can from your tax refund this year, and give ALL of the "stimulus package" refund to him.

I really think we should have a money bomb for AT LEAST our tax refund money this year.

If it's successful, we could get a lot of attention from it. The IRS Abolition Money Bomb...give your tax refund to Ron Paul!

Blowback
01-18-2008, 01:00 PM
The infamous helicopter drop has arrived. BUckle your seat belts kiddies, we're in for a choppy ride.

khorbis
01-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, I'm not exactly sure when the 'Stimulus Package' checks would go out...someone just said not until June...even though that's still not too late, it's definitely a long while off.

What we WILL get though is our regular tax refunds...most of us will have them in sometime in February, so I think everyone should commit to a Tax Refund Money Bomb.

We could name it after abolishing the IRS, especially since we know now that that idea is actually pretty popular.

What do you think people? What else are you really going to spend that money on?

Anyone here with the capacity/desire/skill/passion to create an appropriately named website for a 2007 tax return refund bomb? Tax returns for this year are due April, 15th, so we should probably set a date in close proximity to net the late filers (me). I also suggest combining the "refund bomb" with a major event (like we have been doing the past several times). One day, in particular, springs to mind: April 13, 1836: Thomas Jefferson's Birthday

If such a web site were developed, I, personally, would donate 75%, if not all, of my tax return to Ron Paul. As stated earlier, all we would need is the support of only 10,000 at $800/person (or 20,000 at $400/person, etc...) to make Ron Paul a much richer man. A better way, perhaps, to encourage refund donations would be for the web site to allow participants to choose the percentage of their refund that they will donate (say, in increments of 10% or 5%). We should not limit ourselves by setting a static donation amount. Both refund amounts and need will assuredly vary amoung us, so we should encourage everyone to donate as MUCH as they CAN! Those few of us in economic stability who receive large refunds should donate more. Conversely, we should not begrudge low/non-donaters if they are truly in need of their refund.

So, any takers?

NoMoreApathy
01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Anyone here with the capacity/desire/skill/passion to create an appropriately named website for a 2007 tax return refund bomb? Tax returns for this year are due April, 15th, so we should probably set a date in close proximity to net the late filers (me). I also suggest combining the "refund bomb" with a major event (like we have been doing the past several times). One day, in particular, springs to mind: April 13, 1836: Thomas Jefferson's Birthday

If such a web site were developed, I, personally, would donate 75%, if not all, of my tax return to Ron Paul. As stated earlier, all we would need is the support of only 10,000 at $800/person (or 20,000 at $400/person, etc...) to make Ron Paul a much richer man. A better way, perhaps, to encourage refund donations would be for the web site to allow participants to choose the percentage of their refund that they will donate (say, in increments of 10% or 5%). We should not limit ourselves by setting a static donation amount. Both refund amounts and need will assuredly vary amoung us, so we should encourage everyone to donate as MUCH as they CAN! Those few of us in economic stability who receive large refunds should donate more. Conversely, we should not begrudge low/non-donaters if they are truly in need of their refund.

So, any takers?

Yeah come on people! The government is giving you back money that should have been yours anyway. What they did essentially, was keep it in a savings account for you so you wouldn't waste it all year long on TV's and iPods.

So what you can do, is put it to the best use NOW! I know some people are thinking of buying gold and silver, which is what my family is going to do as well, but we're also going to be giving RP some more money!

Who's in?