PDA

View Full Version : Great things on the horizon.

Original_Intent
07-27-2007, 10:41 AM
1. The Iowa Straw Poll - I'll admit that I am still very nervous about how this is going to turn out, but I am pretty excited overall and think that RP will have a strong showing.

2. The Reno presidential forum on Aug 20. While I do feel bad that other candidates were excluded, I think it is extremely fortunate that Ron Paul is included with the three stooges. His presence there, I believe, is going to generate a lot of interest because he will be the largely unknown candidate isolated with the three mainstream candidates.

3. Giuliani and Romney making noise about not participating in the CNN/Youtube debates in September. Even if they end up doing it, I think their - reluctance - is very telling and I think a lot of people are going to see it for the cowardice that it is.

If we can just pull it together for Iowa - and I am still very confident that we can and will - the next couple of months I believe will be a huge turning point in the campaign.

remaxjon
07-27-2007, 10:44 AM
you forgot this

Aug 05 Des Moines
ABC Iowa Debate 8:00 AM CT

spacebetween
07-27-2007, 10:49 AM
1. The Iowa Straw Poll - I'll admit that I am still very nervous about how this is going to turn out, but I am pretty excited overall and think that RP will have a strong showing.

2. The Reno presidential forum on Aug 20. While I do feel bad that other candidates were excluded, I think it is extremely fortunate that Ron Paul is included with the three stooges. His presence there, I believe, is going to generate a lot of interest because he will be the largely unknown candidate isolated with the three mainstream candidates.

3. Giuliani and Romney making noise about not participating in the CNN/Youtube debates in September. Even if they end up doing it, I think their - reluctance - is very telling and I think a lot of people are going to see it for the cowardice that it is.

If we can just pull it together for Iowa - and I am still very confident that we can and will - the next couple of months I believe will be a huge turning point in the campaign.

Indeed, good things are happening.

Also, dissatisfied "conservatives" with Fred Thompson's choice of staff recently.

Ron Paul just looks better and better everyday.

I really think the whole YouTube debate refusal by Giuliani and Romney needs to be played up.

beermotor
07-27-2007, 11:39 AM

I was so nervous prior to the Jon Stewart thing I couldn't sleep. I was so nervous after the second debate I couldn't sleep. Turns out I was foolish, both times. Then I got nervous about the SC events. Wrong again!

:)

there's plenty to be optimistic about!

wbbgjr
07-27-2007, 11:41 AM
We still have to remind people that there's a difference between "thinking about doing something" and actually "doing something"?

I'm kind of nervous and afraid a lot of the support online is more the "thinking about doing something" kind.

Slugg
07-27-2007, 11:49 AM
I was so nervous prior to the Jon Stewart thing I couldn't sleep. I was so nervous after the second debate I couldn't sleep. Turns out I was foolish, both times. Then I got nervous about the SC events. Wrong again!

:)

there's plenty to be optimistic about!

I'm really nervous about Iowa....but I am very optimistic.

I am CRAZY excited about the Aug 5th debate....we will be having a get together of at least 5-6 people all who support Ron Paul (albeit one or two who will not 'openly support' a 'wacko'......that really irks me....)

sylvania
07-27-2007, 12:28 PM
I've come up against this, too. Or worse, "I'll only vote for someone who will win." But I figure, kill them with kindness. And respect their distance. Anything else would alienate me, if I were in their position. If I respect them, no matter how wrong I may view their thinking, maybe they will get the message of Ron Paul. If alienate them, we won't get their vote for sure.

jonahtrainer
07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
I've come up against this, too. Or worse, "I'll only vote for someone who will win."

I usually respond with something like "Well, there were people who would not feed George Washington and his army cause they did not think he could win either. Freedom is a tough battle."

I think a problem we have is that many people still believe this illusion of freedom that we have. Of course, a lot of people are starting to see the illusion with the higher taxes, inflation and not being able to take toothpaste on the airplane.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-27-2007, 12:51 PM
What about -- "In 1976, people thought Ronald Reagan was a wacko."

bygone
07-27-2007, 01:09 PM
3. Giuliani and Romney making noise about not participating in the CNN/Youtube debates in September.

That is the worst move they have made so far. You don't turn down an invitation from CNN if you're running for President, lol.