PDA

View Full Version : Ohio needs Michigan's yard signs NOW!!!

kmj.ronpaul
01-18-2008, 10:50 AM
I apologize if this is a duplicate thread; I recall seeing a materials-sharing thread in the past, but my search today didn't locate it for me.

We in Ohio are in desperate need of yard signs. The campaign is NOT going to be providing any for us, and I'm wondering if the Paul supporters in Michigan would be willing to give us their yard signs, now that their primary is over. Generally, zoning laws require that campaign signs be removed within a few days of each election, so I'm hoping I'm not too late in requesting these discarded signs.

We could arrange for sign pickup -- there are people who travel from Ohio to Michigan, so pledging to donate your signs wouldn't obligate you to drive them down here!

Please email me at kmj.ronpaul at gmail dot com asap if you can help out with this. Thanks!

kmj

joshuastjohn
01-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Are you a meetup member? Try contacting the organizers of the "Michigan For Ron Paul Victory Group".

extrmmxer
01-18-2008, 11:05 AM
We need some in California as well. I've ordered some from the store but haven't received them yet.

sharpsteve2003
01-18-2008, 11:06 AM
I sent you an email with some contact info that hopefully might help.

Eponym_mi
01-18-2008, 11:07 AM
We were already planning on this. I've contacted my county coordinator and will PM her info to you.

sharpsteve2003
01-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Michigan only got our signs 3 days before the Primary.

RobS
01-18-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm planning on taking signs to Chicago since I am taking a trip out there later this month anyways.

kmj.ronpaul
01-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks for your helpful responses, Steve, Joshua and Eponym_mi. I have emailed your suggested contacts, and hopefully things will work out! Thanks!

bg1654
01-18-2008, 11:55 AM
We could use some in Cinncinati. I havent seen many at all. Then again. I dont travel through many residential areas.

TonySutton
01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
I am only about an hour from the MI border and am willing to drive my van a few hours to get some signs for the Cleveland area.

limequat
01-18-2008, 12:02 PM
If you guys are willing to come get 'em, by all means. Detroit metro is still completely littered with RP signs. There's a 5 mile stretch of 8 mile that probably has 50 signs by itself.

kmj.ronpaul
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
limequat, is there any way that your group could organize a sign-collection effort, to pick up the signs that are just lying around? I'm sure that I can find someone to pick up the signs from you, but I fear that the signs will be collected by city workers and discarded before we in Ohio ever get a chance to get up there.

Please email me at kmj.ronpaul at gmail.com if you'd be willing to e.g. create a meetup event to collect the signs and store them for a little while, while we in Ohio arrange to pick them up.

Thanks! Kathy

kmj.ronpaul
01-18-2008, 12:10 PM
>> I am only about an hour from the MI border and am willing to drive my van a few hours to get some signs for the Cleveland area.

Tony, that would be amazing! Thanks for your generous offer. Please email me at kmj.ronpaul at gmail.com if you'd like to start talking about details, if I do secure a source of signs in MI. Thanks! Kathy

kmj.ronpaul
01-18-2008, 02:14 PM
bump

jahazii
01-18-2008, 02:20 PM
bump get this guy some signs!

UtahApocalypse
01-18-2008, 02:21 PM
We need some in California as well. I've ordered some from the store but haven't received them yet.

Coordinate with the NV meetups to get signs from them after this weekend.

kmj.ronpaul
01-18-2008, 02:28 PM
>> get this guy some signs!
lol I'm actually a girl, but thanks for bumping. ;)

>> Coordinate with the NV meetups to get signs from them after this weekend.
Good idea. Not driveable like Michigan is, but another good source of signs. It does sound like California is desperate for signs, too... Maybe they can tap NV and we Ohioans can see what Michigan has. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

kmj.ronpaul
01-18-2008, 02:50 PM
bump

christagious
01-18-2008, 02:58 PM
I live in Canton and I've seen A LOT around here. I have a feeling that Stark County is going to prove on primary day to be one of the highest turnouts for Ron Paul votes

kmj.ronpaul
01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
>> I live in Canton and I've seen A LOT around here.
That's great! I live in the Cleveland area, and I wish I could say the same. We're going all-out putting up signs and banners, and advertising in the media, but we have a pronounced lack of yard signs in this area at this point.

kmj.ronpaul
01-19-2008, 01:17 PM
bump!

AntiAmero
01-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Dr Paul’s message won’t be heard here in Central Illinois without your help! It’s only $2 dollars and we will air his commercials 1 week prior to Illinois primary.

We have raised $2,894.98 from online donations so far and we need about $2,200 more to accomplish our mission!

We have secured radio ads and TV ads and now we need to secure Central Illinois newspapers! That is what the additional $2,200 will be used for. Please help out our cause!

Illinois Patriots will not let Dr. Paul be silenced! Here is a link to our website.

http://illinoispatriotspac.org/?q=node/10

You can donate there. Every little bit helps, even if it is only $2.00. Pay pal takes about .33 from a dollar donation and about .36 from a $2.00 donation.

We are half way there, with almost no time left! We have this weekend and that will put us very close to our deadline! Thank you for all your help everyone.

Here is a link to our meetup group!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/528/

Here is a link to a promo video we made!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzrtRBHBXDw

PLEASE HELP OUT THE CAUSE! THE ONLINE COMMUNITY IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN MAKE IT ALL HAPPEN.

Your help will reach out to the ears and eyes of over 350,000 people here in Central Illinois. There is 21 electoral votes at stake and no time to waste. Thanks again for all your help out! We will be in touch!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-19-2008, 01:22 PM

Ditto... will NV, NH, SC, etc, people send us those signs? I'd pay for shipping.