PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Sign

BobSmith
01-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Yesterday I was talking to a friend who may go to the Super bowl, and I bet them that if they managed to get a Ron Paul sign on TV at the Super Bowl I would reimburse there tickets.

I thought I might share this, in case anyone here may know of anyone going to the super bowl.

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Let's try to think of a clever sign that would catch the attention of a camera man, and the producers.

mikeInAZ
01-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Wish they could fly the blimp around Phoenix that weekend.

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 10:54 AM
bump for some good sign ideas.

who is televising the super bowl? can we do their call letters into and RP sign somehow?

mcgraw_wv
01-18-2008, 10:55 AM
"Ron Paul Supports The Patriots!"

TexFootballMom
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Can we advertise on the Jumbo tron?

tuckessee
01-18-2008, 11:17 AM
"Peace & Football. Vote Ron Paul"

mcgraw_wv
01-18-2008, 11:58 AM
"Ron Paul supports the Original Patriots!"

DealzOnWheelz
01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
What station is broadcasting the superbowl???

mcgraw_wv
01-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Faux

DealzOnWheelz
01-18-2008, 12:14 PM
He should use a TRI-FOLD POSTER BOARD

Make a sign on the outside of the flaps that praises FOX and then when the cameras get it OPEN it up so the Ron Paul message appears unexpectedly

surf
01-18-2008, 12:18 PM
good luck getting it past security - of course this can be done, especially by one of us. i'd see what the rules are about bringing signs in.

jdmetz
01-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Here's an idea. Has everyone heard of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale's_%22We_Suck%22_Prank

Anyway, it would take a decent amount of work, but if your friend was willing to get there early (I don't know how early people can get in) and was able to get colored squares in, and get people to coordinate...

Surely a section of the crowd spelling out Ron Paul would get on TV?

...OOO...OO..O...O...
...O..O.O..O.OO..O...
...OOO..O..O.O.O.O...
...O..O.O..O.O..OO...
...O..O..OO..O...O...
.OOO...OO..O..O.O....
.O..O.O..O.O..O.O....
.OOO..OOOO.O..O.O....
.O....O..O.O..O.O....
.O....O..O..OO..OOOO.

I think people like to be part of fun things, so getting people to hold the things up might not be too hard.

jdmetz
01-18-2008, 12:25 PM
He should use a TRI-FOLD POSTER BOARD

Make a sign on the outside of the flaps that praises FOX and then when the cameras get it OPEN it up so the Ron Paul message appears unexpectedly

This is definitely the best idea for both getting past security, and for getting on TV. :)

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 12:31 PM
good luck getting it past security - of course this can be done, especially by one of us. i'd see what the rules are about bringing signs in.

OK, a tri folded sign, folded closed and taped shut. Both sides have inert messages praising fox. Once inside, cut the tape and lay the trap.

DealzOnWheelz
01-18-2008, 12:47 PM
this could be amazing if done well

DealzOnWheelz
01-18-2008, 01:31 PM
BUMP FOR SIGN IDEAS

Sign should be on trifold poster board with a praise of FOX on the outside flaps to hold up this way FOX gets excited and SHoots the sign

ONCE the sign is shot the holder will cut the tape and unfold the posterboard to display a RON PAUL message This will catch FOX off Gaurd and we will get some publicity from it

Lets use the grassroots to come up with some good designs.

Come up with some different Phrases you would like to see on it

Please come up with 2 ideas One for the outside sign Praising FOX(yes I know we shouldn't be praising them but this is a TRAP to get the cameras to shoot it)

And 1 for the inside sign that we will unveil when the shoot the FOX sign