PDA

View Full Version : HQ is running ads in SC

pointe
01-18-2008, 10:31 AM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/18/587086.aspx

"Twenty-six political spots -- of 75 total ads by our count -- ran during the early evening local news broadcasts from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm and from 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Automotive ads were second (13). Of the candidates, Thompson ran the most ads with five; Romney and Paul had four each; McCain, Huckabee, and Clinton ran three each; while Obama and Edwards ran two a piece."

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Digg it up here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/MSNBC_actually_mentions_Ron_Paul_and_describes_his _ads_in_SC

steph3n
01-18-2008, 10:33 AM
why digg it? Every time his name is mentioned, and we wonder why bury brigades are out in force?!

Give me liberty
01-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Lol i love the silly comment
from a lib

''Hillary will be a huge change. The first female president. I can't wait. She will be even better than her husband.''

lol even better? you gotta be kidding me
she will be alot woser then her husband.

m72mc
01-18-2008, 10:50 AM
don´t they use diebold machines with no paper ballots ???

blakjak
01-18-2008, 10:53 AM
why digg it? Every time his name is mentioned, and we wonder why bury brigades are out in force?!

+1

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 11:00 AM

Did you ever see what happens to traffic on an article that makes the digg front page?

I did, once.

I build a website for Ed and Elaine brown, early on in their holdout. It made front page on digg and was getting about 100k hits an hour. I served up about 10 gigs an hour for most of the day.

It pays to try and get them up there. One of us has to tire out first. I would hope that the burriers would be a little less inspired than us.

steph3n
01-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Did you ever see what happens to traffic on an article that makes the digg front page?

I did, once.

I build a website for Ed and Elaine brown, early on in their holdout. It made front page on digg and was getting about 100k hits an hour. I served up about 10 gigs an hour for most of the day.

It pays to try and get them up there. One of us has to tire out first. I would hope that the burriers would be a little less inspired than us.

There is nothing significant in the article to digg it for!

InLoveWithRon
01-18-2008, 11:01 AM
They should be running ads in Texas (Paul's home state), California and Nevada etc.. Places they have a chance to do well... Not SC.. SC is half black and I dont think they understand Paul too well, especially after the media blitz on the newsletters..

Jimmy
01-18-2008, 11:02 AM
I haven't seen a Huck or Fred ad yet....Only Clinton Romney and Paul....Paul with the most..

constitutional
01-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Digg it up here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/MSNBC_actually_mentions_Ron_Paul_and_describes_his _ads_in_SC

that's fucking retarded. sorry.

steph3n
01-18-2008, 11:04 AM
They should be running ads in Texas (Paul's home state), California and Nevada etc.. Places they have a chance to do well... Not SC.. SC is half black and I dont think they understand Paul too well, especially after the media blitz on the newsletters..

no need for texas would be extreme WASTE of money we don't vote till march!

RobS

I did, once.

We know the point of Digg, but we have to stop spamming them. I've been a member of Digg since the first day it opened, and it gets annoying to see 20 Ron Paul stories, even for me.

JimInNY
There is nothing significant in the article to digg it for!

Any mention of Ron Paul is significant. Sorry to disagree.

NerveShocker
don´t they use diebold machines with no paper ballots ???

No they use diebold machines with paper ballots. The paper ballot is placed through the Diebold machine and scanned then it goes back out of the machine and is saved. They only use the machines the count the ballots because its faster, albeit less accurate ;)

steph3n
01-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Any mention of Ron Paul is significant. Sorry to disagree.

That is exactly the mentality that MAKES Ron Paul bury brigades.

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
that's fucking retarded. sorry.

Whatever. I found it on digg, and posted it here in another thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one on digg that would care to see it.

szczebrzeszyn
01-18-2008, 11:10 AM

+666

Spike
01-18-2008, 11:12 AM
"Paul also has a clever ad touting that he has the most donations from the military, but frames it as, "Ron Paul is the choice for THEIR commander in chief. The ad is something Lindsey Graham alluded to Thursday on the trail as "propaganda." The ad introduces Paul as "a proud veteran" with a close up of a stout-looking soldier saluting and stars and stripes floating all over the screen…."
- Domenico Montanaro

Is this the first time that anyone in the mainstream has ever described a candidate's commercial as propaganda?

r3volution1776
01-18-2008, 11:18 AM

Or they still think the civil war is the "War of Northern Aggression" and they have heard that Ron Paul got on TV and said Lincoln shouldn't have started it. I'm not from SC but I hear that still plays pretty well down there.

mokkan88
01-18-2008, 11:23 AM

Agreed.

Jimmy
01-18-2008, 11:25 AM
"Paul also has a clever ad touting that he has the most donations from the military, but frames it as, "Ron Paul is the choice for THEIR commander in chief. The ad is something Lindsey Graham alluded to Thursday on the trail as "propaganda." The ad introduces Paul as "a proud veteran" with a close up of a stout-looking soldier saluting and stars and stripes floating all over the screen…."
- Domenico Montanaro

Is this the first time that anyone in the mainstream has ever described a candidate's commercial as propaganda?

Lindsey Graham was speaking out awhile back about how ...America was simply an idea....How an idea does not have actual national borders or anything....its just an idea......conserning mexican border and America. Graham is an idiot

steph3n
01-18-2008, 11:26 AM
- Domenico Montanaro

propaganda is what EVERY ad is. But when true it is fact :D