PDA

View Full Version : $5000 for Students

heiwa
07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Great news,

I was contacted by a fellow, Bill in California who is buying $5000 worth of tickets for Iowa college and university students (and high school students who will be 18 before Nov 4, 2008) who would like to vote for Dr. Paul in the Straw Poll.

Can you help? Can you help us get the word out to students in Iowa to let them know about this offer? You can tell them to go to http://www.paulforall.com/DirectAction.htm for more information and http://www.paulforall.com/StudentTicketRegistration.htm to register.

This is such a great opportunity!

If you have questions/ideas, please email me at jen@paulforall.com.

Thank you so much for all your help.

In Peace,
Jen

p.s. 22,000 flyers! Thanks!

Dustancostine
07-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Is there anyway that he can coordinate with the Adopt-an-Iowan program, so as to keep the ticket giving streamline.

PatriotOne
07-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Fantastic! Are the Iowa Meetup groups aware of this already?

Great news,

I was contacted by a fellow, Bill in California who is buying $5000 worth of tickets for Iowa college and university students (and high school students who will be 18 before Nov 4, 2008) who would like to vote for Dr. Paul in the Straw Poll.

Can you help? Can you help us get the word out to students in Iowa to let them know about this offer? You can tell them to go to http://www.paulforall.com/DirectAction.htm for more information and http://www.paulforall.com/StudentTicketRegistration.htm to register.

In Peace,
Jen

heiwa
07-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Is there anyway that he can coordinate with the Adopt-an-Iowan program, so as to keep the ticket giving streamline.

I expect that's possible.

One of the things I love about this campaign is that everyone is bringing what they can offer to the table in their own way. I think it's great that the Border Coalition set up the "Adopt an Iowan" campaign so people can donate, and I think it's great that Bill wants to specifically encourage students to vote.

There's wisdom in sending special invitations to certain groups who are more likely to be attracted to Dr. Paul's message. Students, gun clubs, churches, farmers are all good groups to contact (which I'll start doing next week after the Great Iowa DVD Drop!). After all, wouldn't you be more likely to respond to a personal invitation rather than a general one?

That's my theory anyway... <smile>

And PatriotOne, yes I sent it out to a few, including the coalition, and hawkeye, but please send it wherever you think appropriate! Thanks!

In Peace,
Jen

Dustancostine
07-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh no, I think it is flat out wonderful, but maybe he can coordinate with them so they don't waste time getting tickets to students that Bill can serve better, and they can work on other Iowans.

beermotor
07-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Why doesn't he just donate the 5k to the Adopt-an-Iowan program? That'd put us at $15k, which would be halfway(ish) to the goal of $35k.

Sematary
07-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Why doesn't he just donate the 5k to the Adopt-an-Iowan program? That'd put us at $15k, which would be halfway(ish) to the goal of $35k.

sounds like he wants to target a specific demographic

beermotor
07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I think it'd be better to just shotgun it and target any demographic that will listen, heh.

Cindy
07-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Does anyone have contact information for the students for Ron Paul group? I just copied the link to this and went to their site that has been raising money for him to see if they will advertise this. They have no contact information there.

Through them, they could also probably find some students at a college/University around Ames, to pass out the DVDs.

I'll send them info if anyone has their contact info.

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Great news,

In Peace,
Jen

WOW.. how do we get the word out? that is the question.. can we get some volunteer to hit the university and the "hang outs?"??????

This is a very very needed thing...

Dave
07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Isn't there some way to use facebook to reach a bunch of the Iowa State, Drake, and U of I students? I know that several people in the Iowa City meetup are U of I students. Don't they all hook up on facebook? Likewise with perhaps myspace for the high school crowd?

specialkornflake
07-27-2007, 12:54 PM
I just checked Facebook and someone has posted this message on there.

Syren123
07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
That's our man Bill from the PASADENA MEETUP! WOOHOO!!!
WTG

foofighter20x
07-27-2007, 04:22 PM
I think it'd be better to just shotgun it and target any demographic that will listen, heh.

Dude... Just co-opt the program...

If you contact a college kid, direct them to this one instead of using the Adopt-an-Iowan program's money.

Badger Paul
07-27-2007, 04:46 PM
I just emailed Student for RPs website about the offer.

ZandarKoad
07-28-2007, 06:23 AM
OK, I'm a little ignorant here, and pardon me for asking. Do you have to be an iowan resident to vote in the iowa straw poll? Or can someone from Wisconsin go vote in those polls?

foofighter20x
07-28-2007, 06:37 AM
OK, I'm a little ignorant here, and pardon me for asking. Do you have to be an iowan resident to vote in the iowa straw poll? Or can someone from Wisconsin go vote in those polls?

Iowan resident.

scrosnoe
07-28-2007, 06:51 AM
ladyjade would be perfect to head up the college effort on the ground there . . .

LibertyEagle
07-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Does anyone have contact information for the students for Ron Paul group? I just copied the link to this and went to their site that has been raising money for him to see if they will advertise this. They have no contact information there.

Through them, they could also probably find some students at a college/University around Ames, to pass out the DVDs.

I'll send them info if anyone has their contact info.

Yes, this is a good idea. They also might know a few students in Iowa who would know where to go to post or handout the information about these free tickets to vote in the Iowa straw poll, along with information about Ron Paul.

Anyone have a contact for these folks?