PDA

View Full Version : Huge New Diebold Disparities Found in Manchester, Ward 5 During NH Hand Counts

Phantom
01-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Huge New Diebold Disparities Found in Manchester, Ward 5 During NH Hand Counts (http://www.bradblog.com/)

lorindon
01-18-2008, 10:19 AM
This just in: Huge News.

OKRonPaul
01-18-2008, 10:23 AM
we looked at this in one of the other threads, between 10 and 17% extra votes for the 4 main dems. Interestingly, edwards did better when they added his vp writeins getting 17 added. If this happened other places as well it might actually be enough to shift a delegate or two.

Phantom
01-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Help digg this article.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Huge_New_Diebold_Disparities_Found_in_Manchester (http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Huge_New_Diebold_Disparities_Found_in_Manchester)

TNTCAN
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Dugg

Lovecraftian4Paul
01-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Let's keep it going. If I'm not mistaken, this is still just the Democratic side too. Does anyone know when the Republican recount is due to begin?

RoyalShock
01-18-2008, 11:17 AM
While it's still something that needs looked at and addressed, it appears to me as if a batch of ballots might have been run through the machine twice. I know I'm just speculating based on numbers, but if there was outright fraud I'd expect some ups-and-downs in the tallies. Instead, this looks like a breakdown in the counting process.

OKRonPaul
01-18-2008, 11:25 AM
While it's still something that needs looked at and addressed, it appears to me as if a batch of ballots might have been run through the machine twice. I know I'm just speculating based on numbers, but if there was outright fraud I'd expect some ups-and-downs in the tallies. Instead, this looks like a breakdown in the counting process.

they said it was due to pollworkers looking at the write in VP votes and counting those as pres votes. So say the person voted for obama, and wrote in edwards as VP, both obama and edwards got a pres vote.

PhillyEagles11
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM

Isn't there some mechanism - like a unique identifier for each ballot - to keep it from being run through twice? I have no idea if it does, but I would hope it would have something like that.

RoyalShock
01-18-2008, 11:31 AM
they said it was due to pollworkers looking at the write in VP votes and counting those as pres votes. So say the person voted for obama, and wrote in edwards as VP, both obama and edwards got a pres vote.

Ah. I hadn't read that, but it makes sense.

Now I'm disturbed that pollworkers didn't understand that. It underscores the need for certified election workers to tightly supervise the counting.

szczebrzeszyn
01-18-2008, 11:35 AM

It doesn't matter, we will see +100 threads about it and +100 more digg "articles" anyway.

Ronin
01-18-2008, 01:40 PM
So you guys know, I just totaled up the Obama and Clinton votes across all wards and everything "adds up". What's interesting is the differences are the same even though the differences among the wards are random. For example, in Amherst Clinton lost 7 and Obama lost 1. Right now 20 precincts have been counted. The more that are counted the less likely this is to happen.

Clinton
======
17983 - 17971 = -12

Obama
=======
14451 - 14439 = -12

BeFranklin
01-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Let's keep it going. If I'm not mistaken, this is still just the Democratic side too. Does anyone know when the Republican recount is due to begin?

After they get a chance to widen those seal slits in the voting boxes.