PDA

View Full Version : Call CT radio station to tell them why you like Ron Paul NOW

charlotteronpaulguy
01-18-2008, 09:35 AM
The host is interviewing a member of this forum and just asked for Ron Paul supporters to call in and explain why they are supporting Dr. Paul.

203-562-1340

CALL CALL CALL

charlotteronpaulguy
01-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Bump. Call now!

niall
01-18-2008, 09:45 AM
just got in a word on the monetary system and why it's the key issue

freedominnumbers
01-18-2008, 09:49 AM
just got in a word on the monetary system and why it's the key issue

You did a good job.

jlizgar
01-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Man, my son is being sooo loud right now, I wish I could call but I have no quiet area to talk right now...bummer!

charlotteronpaulguy
01-18-2008, 09:59 AM
I heard that. Great job, I just called to clarify what you said. When she asked you, "In a perfect world would you be opposed to a social program to help the poor and disabled" your answer that our monetary policy is what is hurting those people by diluting their purchasing power was spot on but could misconstrued by listeners to mean 'Ron Paul doesn't care about poor people'. Unfortunately, I was not able to get through to Lisa to clarify your answer.

In a perfect world, filled with individual liberty, freedom, and responsibility the private sector would help the poor in ways the government would never be able to do. If you get rid of the income tax, stop fighting wars of aggression and restore personal liberty the result would be a much stronger economy in which people are more willing to help each other out via charities, churches etc. It is this debt based system that pits people against each other and causes the 'nanny state' mentality. So to answer your question, in a 'perfect world' where we were free from unnecessary government interventionism (ie income tax, social security, welfare etc.) people would have more money, and thus be more willing to help each other out. So yes, I am opposed to government interventionism because I do not believe that the government can help my neighbor as efficiently as I can.

niall
01-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Agreed. The question was not related to my comment and caught me a bit off-guard, so I would have answered it more completely in highsight. Let's keep getting on the airwaves though, I'm quite sure that we're awaking free minds each time.

freedominnumbers
01-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Talk time on radio in CT is the best method. On the top radio stations in CT air time costs in the range of $400-500/minute for advertising. A minute or two of call time is a very measurable plus to the campaign.

charlotteronpaulguy
01-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Agreed. The question was not related to my comment and caught me a bit off-guard, so I would have answered it more completely in highsight. Let's keep getting on the airwaves though, I'm quite sure that we're awaking free minds each time.

You did an awesome job of explaining how our monetary policy hurts the people it is attempting to help. In cause you haven't read / listened to Ron Paul's book Mises Economics: A Personal View here is a link to stream it on the web

http://mises.org/multimedia/mp3/audiobooks/MisesPersonalView.mp3

niall
01-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the link -- I'll check that out. I've read Human Action, and just about everything Rothbard has written, which is actually how I became aware of RP. I look forward to giving it a listen.

charlotteronpaulguy
01-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Awesome. When you're done maybe you can help me better understand his chapter on the subjective theory of value.

niall
01-18-2008, 10:49 AM
I feel like I understand that subject fairly well...which part is a bit cloudy for you?

charlotteronpaulguy
01-18-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm going to lunch. I'll write a response in a bit.

Thanks!

manbefree
01-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Guys,

Lisa Wexler, the host of the radio show, tried to become a member of the forum in order to post a thank-you but she hasn't been approved yet so she has asked me to pass it on: thanks to everybody who listened and who called in! In her words: "All those calls were sensational!"

Her website is http://www.livewithlisaradio.com and pretty soon today's show should be up and available for listening. From the home page, just scroll down a bit to the 1/18/08 show.

Thanks again,
Phil Maymin

manbefree
01-18-2008, 07:15 PM
And here is the link to the replay of the show:

http://www.livewithlisaradio.com/index.cfm?page=show_detail&id=93

You can either click to "listen" as a stream or "download" directly.