PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana 2008 Caucus Locations:

jenninlouisiana
01-18-2008, 09:04 AM
2008 Caucus Cities

Tuedsay, January 22nd

5-8 p.m. (you don't have to stay the whole time)

Must be a registered republican on/before 11/30/07 to participate.

Bossier City (CenturyTel Center)- Caddo, Bossier, Webster, Claiborne, Bienville, De Soto, Red River

Natchitoches (Natchitoches Events Center)- Sabine, Natchitoches, Winn

West Monroe (West Monroe Convention Center)- Union, Morehouse, West Carroll, East Carroll, Madison, Tensas, Franklin, Caldwell, Jackson, Lincoln, Ouachita, Richland

Pineville (Walden Gym at Louisiana College)- Rapides, Vernon, Avoyelles, Concordia, Catahoula, La Salle, Grant

Lake Charles (Central School Arts & Center)- Beauregard, Allen, Jefferson Davis, Calcasieu, Cameron

Lafayette (The Family Church)- Evangeline, St. Landry, Vermillion, Acadia, Lafayette, St. Martin, Iberia

Baton Rouge (Jefferson Baptist Church)- St. Helena, Livingston, W. Feliciana, E. Feliciana, Point Coupee, E. Baton Rouge, W. Baton Rouge, Iberville, Ascension

Houma (Houma Municipal Auditorium)- Terrebonne, Lafourche, Assumption, St. Mary

Kenner (Pontchartrain Center)- Jefferson, St. Charles, St. John, St. James

New Orleans (Morial Convention Center)- Orleans, St. Bernard, Plaquemines

St. Tammany (Holiday Inn in Covington)- St. Tammany, Washington, Tangipahoa

Melissa
01-18-2008, 09:08 AM
thanks for the info will help bump what are our chances do you think?

jenninlouisiana
01-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Seriously... awesome chance for 41 delegates through this process. But we MUST turn out the vote! We have been working soooooo very hard for months now.

Melissa
01-18-2008, 09:11 AM
is it tonight and is it a cacaus?

jenninlouisiana
01-18-2008, 09:14 AM
I had edited to add the information.

The caucus is Tuesday.

Louisiana has a caucus and a "preferential primary".

The primary only means something is a candidate gets 50% +1 of the votes, which isn't going to happen this year.

So, in Louisiana... it is all about the caucus.

We're totally under the radar and everyone else is talking and focusing on the primary.

Melissa
01-18-2008, 09:17 AM
ok thanks no clue what you are talking about lol I am trying to help call for nevada today and am at work so just looking around the board I live in Indiana our Primary not till may 6th so loooong time for us

torchbearer
01-18-2008, 09:46 AM
is it tonight and is it a cacaus?

January 22, 2008 5-8pm.

sockmonkey70@yahoo.com
01-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Are there any locations in CenLA that aren't covered with volunteers? I am free that night and planning on going to help Andrew Axsom at the Natchitoches location if he needs it, but I can drive elsewhere also...Most of my family is from LaSalle parish area and I see they are polling at La. College.

Let me know!

Sandra
01-18-2008, 07:25 PM
How about snagging some rally goers to go caucus? We could set up a table with literature and maps to get them to caucus locations. If RP rallies the day before, it will stoke people to show up, after all, they went to a rally! If we could also encourage RP to mention that voters for delegates are needed and go to a table or whatever for info.

clouds
01-18-2008, 10:19 PM
We need to be there AT 5, right? or can we show up later?

torchbearer
01-19-2008, 12:12 AM
We need to be there AT 5, right? or can we show up later?

Vote and Go, but do stay.

jenninlouisiana
01-19-2008, 08:10 AM
You can run in and vote anytime from 5-8 p.m.

freemarketphenom
01-19-2008, 05:56 PM
I was registered Republican before 11/30 but I had to reregister to change my voting location on January 7th, can I vote in the caucus?

torchbearer
01-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I was registered Republican before 11/30 but I had to reregister to change my voting location on January 7th, can I vote in the caucus?

yeh, you just had to be republican by nov 30th, didn't hear anything about change of address.