PDA

View Full Version : OPERATION INTERSTATE!!!! Get on it!

wgadget
01-18-2008, 08:58 AM
This morning another meetup member and I spent one hour on the I-75 overpass with the "BigAss Sign," waving at the southboud traffic in 35-degree weather. Was it worth it? You bet!

We agree that this is such a great, concentrated name-recognition grassroots
effort that it should be done at a MINIMUM of once per week (both morning and afternoonsessions) ALL OVER THE AMERICA. That means every single county that has a major interstate passing through and an overpass should be donating at LEAST two hours per week holding up the "BigAss Sign"!!

Let's put the "BigAss Sign" to good use. Efficient use of ONE HOUR
of time.

Minimum requirements:

One BigAss sign (4'x8')
One hour of time
One pickup truck to transport the sign
Two people willing to hold up the sign with one hand and wave with the other
Smiles

Please get on board with this effort. When you're done, go and canvass your neighborhoods!

wgadget
01-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Shameless self-bump

robert4rp08
01-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Sign waving is a fun way to get out some name recognition after/before canvassing. It's also a chance to speak to pedestrians too

wgadget
01-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Um....This is one sign that cannot be waved.

LOL.

Can be seen a mile away. There is NO IGNORING this sign.

wowabunga
01-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Good Stuff...!!!

Things that tug at my heart strings ???? I get a bad taste in my mouth when I see most of our promotional dollars given to the big media companies... the same media companies who plan for and cheer for our demise. Does this really make sense to line their pockets just to place a few very expensive ads that may or may not be viewed ?