PDA

View Full Version : Romney, tough question, gets in face of reporter, get it off camera quick! Video

Edu
01-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Romney gets a hard question asked, you can see how his people try to get him the heck out of there, then he gets in the reporters face, then what I would call "lets take it outside". Classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdGUSjd3Tmo

Copy this and upload it again, youtube will probably remove it soon. The media already isn't showing the last part.

homah
01-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Apparently, being unprofessional as a journalist now means simply that you ask difficult questions.

shasshas
01-18-2008, 09:02 AM
what a faker romney is

quite clearly romney is getting the lobbyists to sit on the inside track and telling his campaign managers to follow what the lobbyists tell him to do.

PLS DO SOMETHING TO STOP THE ELECTIONS

OR ELSE WE WILL ALL GO TO WAR :(:(:( AND MILLIONS WILL DIE

szczebrzeszyn
01-18-2008, 09:06 AM
PLS do something with your font size

qwerty
01-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Lol, Awesome!!!

:D

Ninja Homer
01-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Nice! Did you catch the lady bitching out the reporter at the end? Made me laugh.

rpfan2008
01-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Convert and Download this vid

javascript:(function(){var scriptElem = document.createElement('SCRIPT');scriptElem.setAtt ribute('language', 'JavaScript');scriptElem.setAttribute('src', 'http://www.zamzar.com/tools/bookmarklets/converter.js');document.body.appendChild(scriptEle m);})()

Paste this code in the address bar of the Youtube page and Hit Enter

robert4rp08
01-18-2008, 09:10 AM
hell yes, about time someone started calling candidates out on their falsehoods

szczebrzeszyn
01-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Convert and Download this vid

javascript:(function(){var scriptElem = document.createElement('SCRIPT');scriptElem.setAtt ribute('language', 'JavaScript');scriptElem.setAttribute('src', 'http://www.zamzar.com/tools/bookmarklets/converter.js');document.body.appendChild(scriptEle m);})()

Paste this code in the address bar of the Youtube page and Hit Enter

How about something easier, like downloading the FLV file directly?
http://ash-v263.ash.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=EdGUSjd3Tmo

jake
01-18-2008, 09:24 AM
that reporter is a patriot :)

RoyalShock
I try to look at things like this objectively because I would hope that if it were my candidate, others would, too. (ie. the newsletters issue)

The reporter should not have kept pushing Romney while he was at the mic. He can report the facts, that Romney has an adviser who is a lobbyist and let the readers decide if that counts as "running the campaign".

I'm all for tough questions, but they need to be properly framed: "Isn't so-and-so on your campaign staff?" "In what capacity does so-and-so serve?" "Would you say he has significant input into the direction of your campaign?" Report the answers, let the reader decide.

I don't know how I feel about Mitt approaching the reporter after leaving the mic. I suspect he was wanting to make sure he could convince "Glenn" of his version of the facts. He should probably have just let it go.

niall
Awesome video...let's digg and copy the heck out of it.

Edit: RoyalShock makes some good points above. However, I think that people are tired of candidates telling boldfaced lies, which explains the somewhat crude manner in which he was confronted. If he waited to publish it in the papers, it's easily explained away after the fact.

Clearly, the spirit of his comments, is that he has no key connection to lobbying interests -- which is at odds with a big lobbyist serving as an advisor to his campaign.

Edu
01-18-2008, 09:42 AM
It's "please define what the word 'is' is", all over again. I didn't have sex with that woman (please define sex).

Didn't I just hear him basically say "I don't let lobbyists run my campaign, I just do what they say to do"?

Ninja Homer
01-18-2008, 09:50 AM
This is coming up on MSNBC. It sounds like they may be ripping on him a little.

Real_CaGeD
01-18-2008, 09:54 AM
on now, they cut out the other reporters remarks.......

Edu
01-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Any more info on corporate contributions? Any $ numbers? I found:

Bain Capital http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bain_Capital

Which is connected with a lot of other corporations listed; Fleetcor, Huntsman International Holdings, School Specialty, Inc., Unisource Worldwide, Inc., Keystone Automotive Operations, Inc., Innophos Holdings, Inc., AMC Entertainemnt & Loew's Cineplex Entertainment.

Accuride, AEMS, Alliance Laundry, Anthony Crane, Artisan Entertainment, Bocchi Laboratories, Brookstone, ChipPac, Claricom Holdings (Staples), DIC Entertainment, Domino's Pizza, Duane, Reade, Eastman (Office Depot), EduServ Technologies, Epoch, Epsilon Data Management, Experian, Corporation, Frucor Beverage, FTD, Gilbert Engineering, GS Roofing, GT Bicycles, ICS, KB, Toys, Kranson Industries, Leiner, Masland (Lear), Mattress Discounters, Midwest of Cannon Falls, Modus Media, Oacis Healthcare Systems, OneSource, Physio Control (Guidance), Preferred Technical Group (Echlin), Professional Services Industries, ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG, Rivus Internet, Group (Stream), Sealy Corporation, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sleep Country Canada, Small Fry Snack Foods, Therma-Wave, US Synthetic, Vetco Gray, Walco International, Waters

Lobbyists? Can you define lobbyist for me?

I did he say "directing my campaign"? Oh no, I think it was "running my campaign", did I hear that right?

RonPaulCult
01-18-2008, 10:15 AM
haha that rocks

LSUiLike
01-18-2008, 10:21 AM
I don't see anything wrong with the way the reporter asked the question.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Clearly, the spirit of his comments, is that he has no key connection to lobbying interests -- which is at odds with a big lobbyist serving as an advisor to his campaign.

I agree with that, but he was given 10% of the treatment Paul gets, and the reporter was told to cool out at the end. That's what I see as pertinent.

Lucid American
01-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Here's another good one . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY6UTnS6Z-A

AlexMerced
01-18-2008, 10:29 AM
they started showing it on the MSM, this is awesome, they cut out Glenn but they left the part of Romney fighting so it makes ROmney look bad and they make sure to point out that his advisor is a lobbyist

Edu
01-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Reporter: Glen Johnson, Associated Press

Watch his career, the CFR may not like what he just did.

It really hit the news, see Google news search:
http://news.google.com/news?q=romney+%22glen+johnson%22

RevolutionSD
01-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Romney's press secretary was ridiculous on that video!

"Be professional. Don't talk to a candidate in that way!"
"Save your opinions"

HA! He's trying to censor what questions can and cannot be asked of Mitt!

Props to that CNN reporter for not letting Romney weasel out of this one.

Edu
01-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Romney's press secretary was ridiculous on that video!

"Be professional. Don't talk to a candidate in that way!"
"Save your opinions"

HA! He's trying to censor what questions can and cannot be asked of Mitt!

Props to that CNN reporter for not letting Romney weasel out of this one.Obey! Do not ask questions!

bluemarkets
01-18-2008, 01:50 PM
this forum needs to have a section where we expose the other candidates and their positions, just like this vid ... does it have one or did I miss it?

constituent
01-18-2008, 02:01 PM
got it downloaded...

glen rocks!!!!!!

my new signature in t minus.....

Caravello
01-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Reminded me a lot of Bill Clinton, Romney's response I mean. Whenever Bill was challenged and caught trying to squirm out of something, he went really far out of his way to convince the interviewer/reporter he was not being dishonest. I think there is something psychologically/morally wrong with both men, that they have to convince themselves that they are not being dishonest. I guess deep down they have doubts about their honesty/integrity and have this need to to make people believe them. There is definitely some moral conflict going on in both men.

Bladestunner316
01-18-2008, 02:13 PM
I felt bad for that guy just trying to do his job :(

Agent CSL
01-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Finally, a report who stands for something! Truth!

ihsv
01-18-2008, 02:27 PM
I love it... who was that dude who told the journalist "Don't be argumentative with the candidate"? Was he an SS (Secret Service) agent?

Edu
01-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Reminded me a lot of Bill Clinton, Romney's response I mean. Whenever Bill was challenged and caught trying to squirm out of something, he went really far out of his way to convince the interviewer/reporter he was not being dishonest. I think there is something psychologically/morally wrong with both men, that they have to convince themselves that they are not being dishonest.They think they are being honest, in a lawyer sort of way.

Does "megalomaniac" fit?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/megalomania