PDA

View Full Version : Who has not signed up for an Iowa Outreach Program?

mport1
07-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Who has not signed up to either call or email Iowans? And if you haven't, why?

It is extremely easy, but we need everybody to chip in to the effort. If we could all just get a handful of people to go vote for him, it would be HUGE.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/iowa-straw-poll/

ARealConservative
07-27-2007, 09:52 AM
agreed. We have over 26,000 meetup activists and less then 800 are mailing Iowa.

Do we want to win or what?

sylvania
07-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I did my 50. If all those 26,000 did 50 letters, which is $20.50 in postage, we could mail 1,300,000 letters. $20.50 is not that expensive.

Oh, alright. I convinced myself. I'm going to go ask for another 50. I can scrimp on something else in the budget. There are ways to eat real cheap. (Back to the hand cramps, I go.)

mport1
07-27-2007, 10:40 AM
"Do we want to win or what?"

From the actions of some, it seems like the answer is no. Fortunately there are a lot of really dedicated people picking up the slack.

Birdlady
07-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Nope we just want to sit back and watch others do the work for us.

I did 500 letters and it wasn't that tough at all. It just takes a few hours of your time.

ARealConservative
07-27-2007, 10:52 AM

I did 500 letters and it wasn't that tough at all. It just takes a few hours of your time.

thank you very much.

I have only done 25 - but I did hand write them.

Of course I live in Iowa - so I am doing more street level stuff (when I'm not at work)

mport1
07-27-2007, 11:06 AM
thank you very much.

I have only done 25 - but I did hand write them.

Of course I live in Iowa - so I am doing more street level stuff (when I'm not at work)

Make sure you help in the DVD distribution this weekend.

Also, for those who can spare more money on stamps, hand write what you can and then print off the rest. There is no reason to not send more just because you don't have the time or energy to write all of them.

wbbgjr
07-27-2007, 11:29 AM

500. That is impressive. I'm only on 40 so far, but my goal is to do at least 40 more this weekend.

And yes, it's not hard. It's like everything else, the hardest part is starting.

mport1
07-27-2007, 01:27 PM
500. That is impressive. I'm only on 40 so far, but my goal is to do at least 40 more this weekend.

And yes, it's not hard. It's like everything else, the hardest part is starting.

Starting is not very hard either, but it needs to be started within the next few days (preferably today) for those who haven't started yet.

MozoVote
07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
It's the 20/80 rule, which comes up a lot in statistics. IE: 20% of the public does 80% of the work.

Anyway, don't be surprised by a lot of people in the Meetups just sitting idle.

Another place worth contacting would be the YouTube bloggers and commentators.

sylvania
07-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree.

For some reason, even aftter creating an account, I am not allowed to post comments at YouTube.com. (I keep getting errors that say I've included a URL in the message even though I have done no such thing. Whatever.)

These videos are having a large impact on people. Especially those done by Aravoth. (Personally, thank you, Aravoth. I find your vids amazing and I watch them all the time just to get inspired to keep writing, keep calling, keep going, etc.)

I want to turn these people into campaigners and use their enthusiasm for the camaign.

Could someone please go over there and post messages, like

"The support for Ron Paul is huge. Register as a Republican so you can vote for him in the primaries. He has to win the primaries to have a shot. Get involved with you local meetup group." Or, "If you like what you see, we need your help." Or, something.

Many people, like myself a few weeks ago, have NEVER really seen this guy before or paid attention to him and don't know what to do with all the excitement they feel.

I was like that. I'm about as unextremist as it gets. I'm a tax accountant, learning about all kinds of things for the very first time (like our constitution and our history - things I couldn't have cared less about last month). If Ron Paul gets elected, I will be changing my career. That's fine. I'd give up anything to see this guy in charge. That is how passionately I feel about him. (And yes, for me that passion has turned into action. I have donated to his campaign, donated to several things listed here, called Iowans, written letters, just bought banner making supplies, and now will have a backlit sign on top of my car, arriving next week - 300 miles a week in rush hour traffic, baby.)

Please monitor these comments on the more popular videos and keep reminding people of what they can do.

MsDoodahs
07-27-2007, 03:43 PM
I have way too strong a Southern accent, and am way too argumentative by nature, to do phone calls. :o

I have donated to the Iowa ad campaign. :)

It appears my forte ... is financial. ;)

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 04:09 PM

You did that many? WOW.. do you have a formula? and what inserts did you use?

Also, did you request more?

Keith
07-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I e-mailed them about four hours ago saying that I could send 50 letters, but I have not received a list yet. How long does it normally take? I don't want to bother them by sending a second e-mail if it normally takes a while.

guntherg16
07-27-2007, 05:12 PM
I e-mailed them about four hours ago saying that I could send 50 letters, but I have not received a list yet. How long does it normally take? I don't want to bother them by sending a second e-mail if it normally takes a while.

It took a day or two for me to get my list.

Birdlady
07-27-2007, 05:40 PM
You did that many? WOW.. do you have a formula? and what inserts did you use?

Also, did you request more?

I did not handwrite the whole thing because I would have cut that number back to 50 letters. I made a letter, got it printed at staples on nice paper, signed them all. I wrote their addresses on the outside by hand. Then used a real stamp, not a pre-paid label.

500 was enough for me because of the financial costs in mailing them and getting the copies made. Overall, I probably spent about $300 on the 500 including the paper, envelopes with sticker seal (I was not going to lick 500 envelopes. HAHA), and stamps.

Well worth it though and I hope a few of them decide to go the straw poll!