PDA

View Full Version : Rebates For Ron!

gdgoggint4
01-18-2008, 07:58 AM
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080118/paulson_stimulus.html

our brilliant gov, fed and treasury has expended their war chest of economic stimulus ammo over the past two decades. their current plan for economic stimulus includes refund checks for every us citizen. i reserved the domain name rebatesforron.com. this could be a great way let our gov know what we think of their shortsighted, doomed to fail stimulus package.

gdgoggint4
01-18-2008, 08:41 AM
what a great idea. i am going to pledge the entire $800 rebate.

losinglife
01-18-2008, 08:45 AM
uhm i dont see why you are bitchin about a rebate, it is actually a good thing if you think about it.

gdgoggint4
01-18-2008, 08:54 AM
smart and conservative people are being forced to bail out the greedy and reckless who have taken on too much risk and are now quickly going bankrupt. i dont want my tax dollars to be used in this way. i am giving them to dr ron to stop this crazy cycle of economic self destruction.

madRazor
01-18-2008, 09:07 AM
LOL at them, these are the people that are in charge or our money?!?! 100 years of decisions like this really add up. Is that a cliff I see off in the distance? Let's head for that.

robert4rp08
01-18-2008, 09:14 AM
how do you get the rebate? what steps are needed?

gdgoggint4
01-18-2008, 09:16 AM
u dont have to do anything. if approved they will be sent in the mail to every tax payer just like the last one for $300 in 2001.

gdgoggint4
01-18-2008, 09:18 AM
WASHINGTON -- President Bush and Congress, driven by the worsening economic outlook, a tumbling stock market and Americans' growing sense of financial insecurity, are speeding toward agreement on a package of measures to stimulate the economy.
[George Bush]

The president is expected to lay out the principles of his stimulus plan today, but without getting into specifics. Privately, the White House has discussed its support for a tax rebate of as much as $800 for individual taxpayers, more than double the $300 rebate featured in a 2001 effort to spur economic growth.

The administration also signaled it would accept a stimulus bill that didn't include an extension of Mr. Bush's tax cuts -- a centerpiece of his economic agenda -- removing a potential hurdle to bipartisan support for the legislation.

Congressional leaders, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a California Democrat, have discussed wrapping up details of their stimulus plan the week of the State of the Union address, which falls on Jan. 28, though procedural hurdles in the Senate could delay final action for weeks.

Additional items on the Democrats' wish list: lengthening unemployment benefits and expanding food stamps and the Earned Income Tax Credit, which helps low-income taxpayers.