PDA

View Full Version : Is it strange to be against abortion

HollyforRP
01-18-2008, 06:59 AM
if you are a woman? I don't even think abortion is or should be apart of female rights. I've seen so many times when women were coerced into having an abortion and later regretted it. I don't think all aspects of abortion including ptsd (post traumatic stress disorder) is brought up!

Planned Parenthood doesn't question preteens who go in for an abortion either. What if incest were involved?

Women are pressured now more than ever to do it from their families or boyfriends. Often times a conservative family who claims to be against abortion will have a change of heart when their teenage daughter is pregnant.

What about the side of abortion that isn't talked about that disrupts the mental state of women? Shouldn't that be a concern?

I do believe in abortion to save a woman's life in example, tubal pregnancies.

Any other females on this board who are also against abortion?

synapz
01-18-2008, 07:03 AM
No, it's not. My GF, sister, and mother are all against it.

Victor
01-18-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't understand why this have to be political...

Isn't it up to each and everyone what to do with their own body?

werdd
01-18-2008, 09:23 AM
I think in an idea society it would be both legal and illegal on the state level, that way everyone could feel like their views are represented, and those that want abortions can drive to a state where it is legal. This is why Roe V wade is retarded.

todelopez
01-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I am afraid it is becoming odd for a woman my two girls were the only ones in the calsses they were in college thought killing the baby was wrong. I am for assisted suicide as that is your life but a baby is a separate person why can't we kill it once it is out? Be safer for the mom complications wise

TexFootballMom
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't like it and am against it, however.... that said

I will NEVER judge a woman for having one due to the fact that I have never walked in her shoes.

Redcard
01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
No.

But it _IS_ strange to be against abortion because of the sanctity of life and for the death penalty because "some people need killin'"

I've always found it disingenous to see a "pro life " bumper sticker on a car next to a pro-death penalty sticker.

rockwell
01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't understand why this have to be political...

Isn't it up to each and everyone what to do with their own body?

Once again it raises the question, isn't an unborn child a body? You don't have the right to use your body to kill another person and have it regarded in such a cavalier fashion, why with abortion? And if it's up to each person what they do with their body, how about not allowing it to become impregnated?

I hate this argument, really hate it. There's almost zero intellectual honesty in it, it's all semantics.

JanusFIN
01-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Women are pressured now more than ever to do it from their families or boyfriends.

What you say? Think first... When we have start to pressure you anywhere? More than ever? Its You, your ego and your self, who have challenge us mans in our responsibilitys, and in the way, you have forgotten the meaning of being a mother.

Your work, your duty, your meaning... There is always a "good" reason for you to do your abortion. But its not the way it should go, not in nature, because it was your dessicion, your own to be done.

Abortion: You was not ready to be mother of life

Born of new life, is not thing that we should deside. Its Faith, the Truth to deside.

Goldwater Conservative
01-18-2008, 02:58 PM
According to at least this poll, and I've seen others like it, women are more likely to be pro-life than men are.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/22/opinion/polls/main537570.shtml

Corydoras
01-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Classical feminism is against abortion:
http://feministsforlife.com/history/foremoth.htm

steph3n
01-19-2008, 12:27 AM
one thing i don't understand is the "pro-choice" argument that killing a live fetus is a privacy issue under the 4th amendment.

in 95% or more of the cases involving pregnancy shouldn't the CHOICE come when you decide to have sex?

Fields
01-19-2008, 01:04 AM
in 95% or more of the cases involving pregnancy shouldn't the CHOICE come when you decide to have sex?

Bravo. Bravo.

slinkymaster
01-19-2008, 02:57 AM
sorry to be blunt, but abortion is the biggest bullshit political issue ever. NO ONE likes abortion. While i'd personally be responsible enough to not have to make that decision, I think we are better off as a society if people were left to choose for themselves.

And please, calling it baby killing is nothing more than hate mongering. We all know that it is more complex than that.

Xenophage
01-19-2008, 03:02 AM
It is an extremely complicated issue we're talking about here, but in general I'm pro-choice.

There are a lot of very serious issues for the potential mother to sort out on her own. However, I do not see early trimester abortions as even an ethical problem. Killing an embryo that consists of 150 cells or so is fundamentally no different than getting your hair cut, or scraping your little finger.

HollyforRP
01-19-2008, 06:32 AM
It is an extremely complicated issue we're talking about here, but in general I'm pro-choice.

There are a lot of very serious issues for the potential mother to sort out on her own. However, I do not see early trimester abortions as even an ethical problem. Killing an embryo that consists of 150 cells or so is fundamentally no different than getting your hair cut, or scraping your little finger.

...you know there's a problem with people when they start equating a forming being with a scrape on the finger if removed.

I declare January 22nd as Happy Thank you mother, you didn't abort me day.

Everyone born after January 22nd 1973, you must go up to your mother and give thanks for her decision to not abort you!