PDA

View Full Version : I would give more if..

marathon1218
01-18-2008, 04:59 AM
I would give more money to Ron Paul if I knew he would come back as a third party IF he does not get the nomination. Maybe its just me but things do not seem to be going so well. I think he would have a great chance running as an independent and would become the next President. I feel this is one reason so many people do not want to give anymore. I back Ron Paul 110% do not get me wrong, but I think our chances are slim on this, however I am ready for the next 11 months backing him as an independent. I think everyone of us better get ready to do what ever it takes to get Ron Paul to run as a third party if we dont win this....... I would give alot more if I knew this was going to happen..

r3volution1776
01-18-2008, 05:18 AM
We are 4 races into a 50 race contest, if you have given up already just because people say he can't win, then I would suggest you are going to have a lot more heartache the next eleven months. You think he gets ignored now by the media. Wait till he is running third party! Chin up and work toward one goal at a time!

newyearsrevolution08
01-18-2008, 05:21 AM
3rd party is a bad play. I saw a vid that described WHY and here it is. For the most part the guy gets thepoint across pretty well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F9j-bmQX6lw

ROn Paul is just picking up steam fyi and in nevada and sc you will see. Why are people so quick to give up? How much are you willing to donate to get your country back? Now here is the question, what if we all give up now because we assumed he wont get elected. Personally my freedom is worth well more then $2300 as is everyone elses BUT we can only give $2300 and many cannot even do that BUT we are fighting to get this land back to the people.

If people want to complain and give up do it on another forum.

EDITED - put up the correct youtube link, had the wrong one for a sec... so those who watched it make sure and check and make sure you watched the right one....

DFF
01-18-2008, 05:23 AM
I would give more money to Ron Paul if I knew he would come back as a third party IF he does not get the nomination

As long as the money keeps flowing in, trust me when I tell you, Paul isn't stopping. Like the Energizer Bunny, he will keep going and going and going...

newyearsrevolution08
01-18-2008, 05:25 AM
I agree, if we FIGHT so will he

and the funny thing is, even when some of the supporters are feeling down RON PAUL has a way to fire our asses right back up. Get mad damn it, we want this country back. Its ours.

Marc3579
01-18-2008, 06:50 AM
3rd party is a bad play. I saw a vid that described WHY and here it is. For the most part the guy gets thepoint across pretty well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F9j-bmQX6lw

ROn Paul is just picking up steam fyi and in nevada and sc you will see. Why are people so quick to give up? How much are you willing to donate to get your country back? Now here is the question, what if we all give up now because we assumed he wont get elected. Personally my freedom is worth well more then $2300 as is everyone elses BUT we can only give $2300 and many cannot even do that BUT we are fighting to get this land back to the people.

If people want to complain and give up do it on another forum.

EDITED - put up the correct youtube link, had the wrong one for a sec... so those who watched it make sure and check and make sure you watched the right one....

+1

jason43
01-18-2008, 06:56 AM
I agree third party is a bad play, I think that IF things don't go well, he needs to work on getting some allies in congress. Pauls endorcement would actually mean something to a lot of the guys running on his platform, in terms of money and an already established grassroots network. That is what we need. Then in 2012 we will be able to field another anti-establishment candidate.

We need to look to the future as well as this election.

John P Slevin
01-18-2008, 07:45 AM
I would give more money to Ron Paul if I knew he would come back as a third party IF he does not get the nomination. Maybe its just me but things do not seem to be going so well. I think he would have a great chance running as an independent and would become the next President. I feel this is one reason so many people do not want to give anymore. I back Ron Paul 110% do not get me wrong, but I think our chances are slim on this, however I am ready for the next 11 months backing him as an independent. I think everyone of us better get ready to do what ever it takes to get Ron Paul to run as a third party if we dont win this....... I would give alot more if I knew this was going to happen..

I hope I can persuade you that you are very close to correct, but making one fundamental mistake in reasoning.

I too believe Ron Paul should run independent and/or third party if he fails to secure the Republican nomination.

Since I feel that way, I want him to get as many votes as possible in the R primary contests.

His success so far makes him a far more attractive independent/third party candidate than this nation has seen in some time.

His following for these Republican primaries already dwarfs the following of the LP, arguably the most successful third party in the nation's history, and the party most likely to nominate him at their own convention this coming May.

So, don't be hesitant BOTH to see that the votes and support he's attained thus far is GREAT news and that the better he does, the BETTER are his chances running as an independent/third party candidate.

steve254
01-18-2008, 07:49 AM
To move to a third party would discredit his earlier statement of "I have no intention of..."

And what third part would it be. Not the Libertarians - heaven forbid! They would attract the fringe / kook label faster than anything!

JMO

I'm donating on Monday. Are you?

losinglife
01-18-2008, 07:54 AM
dont feed the trolls

RollOn2day
01-18-2008, 08:33 AM
I would give more money to Ron Paul if I knew he would come back as a third party IF he does not get the nomination. ....... I would give alot more if I knew this was going to happen..

Then GIVE A LOT MORE cause it's going to happen!

"I am in it as long as my supporters want me to be in it, and they finance the campaign, and they do that all spontaneously," he said, not overtly mentioning the $20 million his supporters donated in the final quarter of 2007, but making it clear he has political capital in a very literal sense.

Full article below:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/spin-room-paul.html

RollOn2day
01-18-2008, 08:44 AM
To move to a third party would discredit his earlier statement of "I have no intention of..."

Discredited to the point of losing your vote?

C'mon folks! There are alot of people that wouldn't vote for him just because he IS running as a Republican.

When he runs third party he will lose very little of his present base, GOP hardliners only, and gain a huge number of disenfranchised Dems, Independents that under no circumstances would vote for a Republican.

If this is the only " Flip Flop" the've got on this man...I think we can handle that.

John P Slevin
01-18-2008, 09:06 AM
I agree third party is a bad play, I think that IF things don't go well, he needs to work on getting some allies in congress. Pauls endorcement would actually mean something to a lot of the guys running on his platform, in terms of money and an already established grassroots network. That is what we need. Then in 2012 we will be able to field another anti-establishment candidate.

We need to look to the future as well as this election.

Where are these "lot of guys running on his platform"?

The Republican Party long ago sold out...it's been a haven for crooks and liars the ENTIRE time Ron Paul has served in the congress.

Ron Paul is the exception; Mitt, Rudy, McCain, creatures like them, that is the Republican norm...

Or, do you think the shenanigans used to derail Paul's bid are being engineered without the complicity and eager participation of Republicans?

And, Ron Paul has been working on getting some allies in congress. He tried it with his third party run in '88. He's got ZERO allies since first being elected in '76.

Recognizing the Republican Party as the pathetic hulk it is might just be the first step you have to take to making effective use of the current support Ron Paul enjoys.

Ernest
01-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Whatever anybody does please do not put any credence into what the MSM says or implies about RP and his campaign. They want us to feel defeated or that it is all futile

We don't need the majority. We only need a significant minority to turn things around.

John P Slevin
01-18-2008, 09:21 AM

And what third part would it be. Not the Libertarians - heaven forbid! They would attract the fringe / kook label faster than anything!

JMO

I'm donating on Monday. Are you?

Long before there was a "Ron Paul Revolution" Libertarians and libertarians were supporting Ron Paul...it SURE AS HELL wasn't Republicans supporting Ron Paul's runs for congress...it was libertarians, both those in the Libertarian Party and those outside it.

Roadrcr
01-18-2008, 09:55 AM
I would give more if .. I still believed in freedom.. And I do !

uflnuceng
01-18-2008, 10:51 AM
As Ron Paul said, many states have laws that say if you run under one party, you can't run under another party in the same campaign year, and if he isn't in all 50 states then he will lose and more than likely Hillary or Obama would win and the last thing we need is a big government communist-type in the white house.

jacmicwag
01-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Paul can't do anything until after March 4th, the day of the Texas primary. At that point, he will hopefully pick up the GOP primary win for his Congressional seat. Once that is in the bag, then a third party run can be openly discussed without harming him.

ronpauleddy
01-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Im in for another $100!!

THE MORE THEY CENSOR US!! THE MORE THEY SMEAR US!!

THE MORE MONEY WE SHOULD RAISE!!!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Bilgefisher
01-18-2008, 11:46 AM

I understand the sentiment, but he can't win if you don't vote for him or don't donate. If you do, there is still a very good possibility.

WilliamC
01-18-2008, 11:53 AM
The more money we give him now the better position he will be in regardless of what happens to the nomination.

I just spent $147 on bumper stickers from www.ronpaulstickers.com, my first unofficial campaign donation/purchase (not counting stamps for letter writing). Big hunk of money for me but I've got people willing to do a bumper sticker blitz waiting for them, so it's worth it.

jsgolfman
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
I posted this in the Nevada thread, but thought it makes sense here too. Apologies if it offends to post it in two places:
"I would like to see RP win as much as anyone, but don't get so caught up in the messenger that you forget the message. Dr. Paul himself said he never expected this kind of response. He wanted to wake people up and get them thinking and doing for themselves. He's been fighting this battle for many years and will continue to fight it as long as he has breath. Yeah, he is a longshot to win the Presidency, but that's just one battle it's not the war. The Revolution doesn't end with the election, win or lose, it just begins. Whether we have the good doctor in the White House next year or not, we have to take what we have gained and build on it. All the time you have spent canvassing and sign waving shouldn't be lost and won't be lost if you continue to prosecute the war. Run for schoolboard, county council, secretary, mayor, whatever. Keep spreading the message of liberty, freedom and responsibility and there is no corner of the globe that we can't change. Check out just about any of the places Ron Paul supporters gather on the web and you will spot freedom lovers from the UK, France, Russia, etc. Freedom is contagious and once it catches hold it spreads like wildfire. Do NOT go gently into that good night! Stand up and be counted, then grab a hand and pull someone else up."

John P Slevin
01-18-2008, 12:09 PM
I posted this in the Nevada thread, but thought it makes sense here too. Apologies if it offends to post it in two places:
"I would like to see RP win as much as anyone, but don't get so caught up in the messenger that you forget the message. Dr. Paul himself said he never expected this kind of response. He wanted to wake people up and get them thinking and doing for themselves. He's been fighting this battle for many years and will continue to fight it as long as he has breath. Yeah, he is a longshot to win the Presidency, but that's just one battle it's not the war. The Revolution doesn't end with the election, win or lose, it just begins. Whether we have the good doctor in the White House next year or not, we have to take what we have gained and build on it. All the time you have spent canvassing and sign waving shouldn't be lost and won't be lost if you continue to prosecute the war. Run for schoolboard, county council, secretary, mayor, whatever. Keep spreading the message of liberty, freedom and responsibility and there is no corner of the globe that we can't change. Check out just about any of the places Ron Paul supporters gather on the web and you will spot freedom lovers from the UK, France, Russia, etc. Freedom is contagious and once it catches hold it spreads like wildfire. Do NOT go gently into that good night! Stand up and be counted, then grab a hand and pull someone else up."

Absolutely!

JohnCrabtree
01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Where are these "lot of guys running on his platform"?

The Republican Party long ago sold out...it's been a haven for crooks and liars the ENTIRE time Ron Paul has served in the congress.

Ron Paul is the exception; Mitt, Rudy, McCain, creatures like them, that is the Republican norm...

Or, do you think the shenanigans used to derail Paul's bid are being engineered without the complicity and eager participation of Republicans?

And, Ron Paul has been working on getting some allies in congress. He tried it with his third party run in '88. He's got ZERO allies since first being elected in '76.

Recognizing the Republican Party as the pathetic hulk it is might just be the first step you have to take to making effective use of the current support Ron Paul enjoys.

http://libertycongress.org/USCongress/

Some seem more serious than others, but it is just getting started.

Taco John
01-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Rand Paul told theStreet.com that he believes Dr. Paul will keep fighting so long as the contributions keep his campaign alive.

Bilgefisher
01-18-2008, 02:27 PM

Yep. Grassroots is from the ground up. As will it be across the nation. He has inspired millions. As we start replacing positions of office with those that will listen to the message, it only gets better.