PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: A call for YouTube DVD's of Ron Paul

Ex Post Facto
01-18-2008, 02:18 AM
I am imploring all grassroots Ron Paul supporters, that are to shy to walk to your neighbors house to do the following. (Providing you have a decent computer and some money for DVD's).

1.) Handwrite a letter telling your neighbors how Ron Paul's message has affected you. Encourage them to take a few minutes to listen to an honest politician. Describe the media "Blackout" of Ron Paul, in short.

2.) Download the free fully functional trial program of Camtasia Studios which allows you to record anything on your computer screen: http://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasiatrial.asp

3.) Record YouTube videos which have affected you most, speaches made, debates and responses by Ron Paul. You don't have to have a Hollywood production here. Just get the message across. 5-10 minutes worth should do. Get creative, use the best media available online.

4.) Save the files and burn them to DVD's for operation in a DVD player.

5.) Put these together with your letter and put them on you neighbors door steps.

Fields
01-18-2008, 02:44 AM
In all sincerity your intentions are great but most people that browse these forums couldn't, nor want to, do the steps you've listed. Much easier to just download on of the already made dvd's, which there are many, and replicate them.

Although it seems easy what you've posted, to the laymen it's not.

Ex Post Facto
01-18-2008, 03:09 AM
Where are these preloaded videos you speak of?

Edu
01-18-2008, 03:23 AM
http://ronpauldvd.com/

Ex Post Facto
01-18-2008, 03:23 AM
pfft...should be a sticky about this somewhere. Thanks for the info.

Fields
01-18-2008, 03:30 AM
That is one of them, but there are a few others too. Search the torrents, if you don't know what they are, pm me.

Edu
01-18-2008, 03:35 AM
No problem.

Just some advice, I would just drop off a DVD and not at "direct" neighbors, I would go a few blocks over. I find it a good policy to not get too political with people I know, if they are really serious about their own candidate you can cause more problems than it's worth.

Don't put them in or on a mailbox, but attaching to the mailbox pole is ok. Hanging on a doorknob is good.

Talking to people is better, my experience is they have all sorts of (media caused) ideas about what's going on in this country.

Oh yea, and don't forget "whats in it for me?". For them that is.

LibertyRevolution
01-18-2008, 06:31 AM
#1, dont hand a write a letter, 90% of the things on youtube are copywrighted. drop all the dvd's you want, but if you dont want to get slapped with a lawsuit, i dont think you should either hand them to real people, or include anything that is tracable to you. i have dropped 150+ dvds, i would never drop one to my neighbor. The charges of getting cuaght handing out copywritten materials is far worse then posting a sign illegaly. think about getting slapped with a 250,000 fine and 5 years in jail for spreading the message of Ron Paul.

Edu
01-18-2008, 06:49 AM
I don't know about the copyright issue in this case, if they are contributions by Ron Paul supporters and posted publicly on youtube or google video then the intent and purpose is clear that the creators wanted their works spread far and wide in order to support their candidate.
I would stick with DVDs made by someone like http://ronpauldvd.com/
Besides, the creators or copyright holders have to sue you. I doubt Ron Paul supporters are going to go after people for spreading the word. And in court a good argument could be made that the intent shown in the video is to promote Ron Paul.
And where's the loss of revenue or other damage?
As for any short news clips, well that is simple fair use.

Revolution9
01-18-2008, 07:20 AM
That is one of them, but there are a few others too. Search the torrents, if you don't know what they are, pm me.

Umm.. Just put the info on the board. This ain't national effing security shite.

Randy

LibertyRevolution
01-21-2008, 10:46 AM
"Fair use" my ass. They pull videos off youtube for copywrite violation all the time, I have had 2 of my own videos pulled. Trust me fair use is a joke.

A. Havnes
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Will do!