PDA

View Full Version : FT shows true colors

lynnf
07-27-2007, 06:58 AM
FT picks Spencer Abraham to run campaign, showing his true colors

http://michellemalk in.com/2007/ 07/26/fred- thompson- and-spencer- abraham-bad- combo/

Fred Thompson and Spencer Abraham: Bad combo

"fought to block the implementation of two different tracking databases–one for foreign student visa holders and the other for all temporary visitors (which was mandated by Section 110 of the 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act). Abraham led efforts to starve the first database of funding and crusaded several times to kill Section 110 altogether."

lynn

freelance
07-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Oh there's more. The Michelle Malkin faction of the party is pretty upset:

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/07/26/fred-thompson-and-spencer-abraham-bad-combo/

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that it was the same link.

Well, anyway, this is good news.

specsaregood
07-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Oh there's more. The Michelle Malkin faction of the party is pretty upset:

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/07/26/fred-thompson-and-spencer-abraham-bad-combo/

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that it was the same link.

Well, anyway, this is good news.

Indeed they are. All of those people are really upset with the Republican candidates. Those people are just SCREAMING OUT FOR RON PAUL; but obviously are too afraid of the current stigma put on Ron Paul supporters.

lynnf
07-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Indeed they are. All of those people are really upset with the Republican candidates. Those people are just SCREAMING OUT FOR RON PAUL; but obviously are too afraid of the current stigma put on Ron Paul supporters.

That's right and it's our job to help ease them in our direction. I think they'll come
around and we have plenty of time to do it, sort-of. But like grains of sand through an hour-glass, the opportunities diminish day-by-day. So the more that can be done up front, the better our chances are.

lynn

specsaregood
07-27-2007, 07:45 AM
That's right and it's our job to help ease them in our direction. I think they'll come
around and we have plenty of time to do it, sort-of. But like grains of sand through an hour-glass, the opportunities diminish day-by-day. So the more that can be done up front, the better our chances are.

lynn

True.
and the on-topic quote of the thread:

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

freelance
07-27-2007, 08:13 AM
They seem to be leaning toward Rudy, and there's not a lot of agreement between RG and RP.

I've been reading their stuff for the past month trying to get a handle on the mindset (it's been a difficult read), and they have some notion that if we don't lock down the country with more ID cards, spying, Patriot Act redux and total government control of its "subjects," we're going to find ourselves one day with Sharia law. They don't seem to have a concept of freedom. In fact, I'd say that their concept of freedom is just like Rudy's: freedom is authority!

Their next best thing is Newt (Let's get rid of Free Speech) Gingrich.

I'm afraid that they're a lost cause.

AMack
07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Wow all over the internet people seem to be jumping off the Fred bandwagon over this thing. Everywhere I go people are saying what a betrayal this is. I love it.

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 08:38 AM
This is very good news. Thanks for posting it, Lynn.

micahnelson
07-27-2007, 08:41 AM
It is nice being a Ron Paul supporter and not having to wake up to news like this. 10 terms of consistency makes me sleep easier at night.

beermotor
07-27-2007, 08:43 AM
They seem to be leaning toward Rudy, and there's not a lot of agreement between RG and RP.

I've been reading their stuff for the past month trying to get a handle on the mindset (it's been a difficult read), and they have some notion that if we don't lock down the country with more ID cards, spying, Patriot Act redux and total government control of its "subjects," we're going to find ourselves one day with Sharia law. They don't seem to have a concept of freedom. In fact, I'd say that their concept of freedom is just like Rudy's: freedom is authority!

Their next best thing is Newt (Let's get rid of Free Speech) Gingrich.

I'm afraid that they're a lost cause.

I always post on blogs that talk about that Sharia law crap - with WHAT ARMY / NAVY are the dreaded muslims going to conquer this country? I mean, this is the most ridiculous assertion EVER.

lynnf
07-27-2007, 08:55 AM
This is very good news. Thanks for posting it, Lynn.

Thanks, Liberty Eagle, my pleasure. I consider FT to be the biggest threat to RP, but then there's Rudy, Bloomberg, etc. I hope that many will use this information to rebut the false "FT is a conservative" argument.

lynn

quickmike
07-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I always post on blogs that talk about that Sharia law crap - with WHAT ARMY / NAVY are the dreaded muslims going to conquer this country? I mean, this is the most ridiculous assertion EVER.

Dude, dont you know? They will come here in homemade boats made of palm trees and camel skins....... thousands and thousands of them, all at once. We wont even know theyre coming because they will be so slow moving through the ocean, that our radar wont pick them up.They will come at night when were all sleeping. Then, when they get here, they will singlehandedly disarm all of the 1,000,000+ gun owners in this country ........... yes, all the hunters and gang members and police officers and veterans. Duh........its simple.

empirenine
07-27-2007, 09:54 AM
It is nice being a Ron Paul supporter and not having to wake up to news like this. 10 terms of consistency makes me sleep easier at night.

Amen to that. I laugh when someone tries to dig up dirt on RP because its all unfounded.

lynnf
07-27-2007, 02:56 PM

how about our own army .. did you know that we have recruiting stations for the
U.S. armed forces in MEXICO? What's next, in Baghdad?

lynn